First 6* Hero

@TGW You have never been, and never will be irrelevant here on the forum!

I can relate. Even though I have had some awesome luck recently in the game, the fact is the game is going to keep releasing heroes that - 100% realistically - you and I will never get.

I don’t want to be negative but I can’t see myself still playing the game this time next year. I am probably at, or close to, my peak as a very c2p.

It’s all downhill from getting my first challenge event 5*. Only took 2 years and 11 months. :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you for that. :slightly_smiling_face:

I would like to think that I’ll still be playing this game a year from now…? Though very casually. I’ve already cut back quite a bit. I used to try to do everything all the time. Now I look at each event and look at the rewards… if it’s something that’s going to take me hours to complete and there’s nothing particularly useful in the reward loot, I pass.

I will say that I still enjoy warring. But if the day should come where I’m still running my mostly vanilla roster, and all of my war opponents are 5000+ TP monsters with 6* heroes with level 40 troops and 50 emblems…

:nauseated_face:

Nope. I’m not doing that. You can just count me out.

And if I decide to permanently opt out of wars, there’s no point in continuing to level up my war bench…

Very slippery slope to me eventually quitting the game entirely.

2 Likes

They are all in the game already. You only see them in 5 stars. Finley, Odin, Frigg and all ninjas. And more will come in special events and you can not get any of them unless you are a big spender. Ask yourself which hotm is useful after telluria disaster.

1 Like

Oh I know, many of the existing 5* heroes are already ridiculous enough as it is. And yet many still deny that power creep is real. It’s real, it’s been happening for a while now, and getting progressively worse.

The thing is, if the newest 5* heroes are already that deadly… any 6* hero would have to be even worse. And that would just be way over the line.

At least currently, I can sort of try to keep up if I color stack and get a decent board. If they continue to make all the newer heroes even stronger (which it seems they are doing), it really is only a matter of time before I won’t be able to beat any of them even with a great board.

2 Likes

I would agree. I have several 4* like Boldtusk and Rigard I use all the time against 5* so why not a 6*

What if the 6* had to take up 3 spaces like some of the villains you fight at the end of a level?

The main question for me is, “can I conceivably kill it?”

There are already a number of 5* heroes in the game that are quite difficult to kill without a good board. If I am to assume that a 6* hero will have probably at least 100+ higher stats as well as an even more ridiculously overpowered special skill than the 5s I’m already facing… things could get really dicey.

2 Likes

Elkanen 4/80 has 758 power, Krambus 4/80 has 802 power,season one heroes are like they missing a star when you compare them with Valhalla,ninja tower and any new hero in events

4 Likes

yeah, and the logical progression there is… 6* +20 would essentially be 7* heroes. EEK!

1 Like

Pseudo 7* heroes

Note: From another discussion

5* Aethers are the new 7* ascension items since they effectively allow 7* heroes ( or at least 6.5* heroes ) when combined with emblems and Season 4 / 5 / current generation HotM

So 5* Aethers need to be more rare than 4* ascension items with SGG business model

Player friendly

Player friendly games would rebalance 4* ascension items to be as common as 3* non farmable ascension items and ALL 3* ascension items become farmable

Old School

Interesting SGG originally required 4* ascension items for 4* heroes and 2x types of 4* ascension items for 5* heroes ( see notes )

So adding emblems AND Aethers is going back to the original roadmap of deliberately making progress extra complex and confusing

Boiling Frog^1

Limit breakers were added after many Elder players started on a second rainbow team of 5*+20 heroes

SGG is slowly turning up the heat

8* heroes?

It will be interesting how long it takes SGG to unlock the next set of levels for pseudo 8* heroes

Will SGG add more class nodes?

Will SGG add more limit break levels?

Both?

We already know higher Stronghold levels will unlock additional numbers of Advanced Buildings ( I still would have preferred just raising the maximum level of normal buildings to Lv25 )

My prediction is adding more class nodes with innate abilities to make past 5* HotM more viable and drive Tavern of Legend micro transactions

3* Aethers

SGG added 3* / 4* Aethers, unlike emblems which have a single tier

AND

Aethers cannot be moved around like emblems

So Aethers are more player unfriendly than emblems ( and I have long pushed for no penalty class resets like many other MMO s )

All evidence points to Aethers being added as a way to make the game more grindy, increase micro transactions, and prevent new players from catching up to older players

Be Evil

But SGG could just as easily add a even worse mechanics like Battle XP that is earned by individual heroes every time a hero defeats an opponent

So pseudo 8* heroes would require emblems, Aethers and killing opponents ( more loot tickets, and flask, sales )

Notes

Click for notes

FiN

4 Likes

Or just merge heroes… 2 4.80 clone heroes combine their powers and boom +100 in all stats.

Or adding a new feature: “Alpha hero” who gives some kind of boon or stack to all allies.

Here I was ready to reply with the answer of Telluria. :laughing:
At least in their original form. Ah, well…

Synergistic, effectively 8* hero team

You are not wrong ( looking at you Miki )

Titan multiplier heroes
Defense debuff heroes
Elemental defense debuff heroes

Can make a 5x 5* 4.80 hero team into an effectively 5x 8* hero team due to really effective synergy ( see notes )

Negative power creep

But current Season 4 / 5 heroes and current 5* HotM are adding more and more innate abilities ( see notes )

So 1x maximum stat, 5* hero ( Aether, Emblem, 4* troops, etc. ) from Season 4 / 5, or current 5* HotM,

on a 4x 1* 1.1 defense team ( patched tournament, defense hack ), is still a pseudo 6* / 7* hero without any synergy

Notes

Click for notes

Titan multiplier heroes

(Titan Damage Boosters: Miki vs. Tarlak vs. Ranvir vs. Wu Kong vs. Guardian Gazelle)

Defense debuffs

Defense debuffs and Elemental defense debuffs

(Do Elemental Defense Debuffs and Regular Defense Debuffs Stack? Why use them together? For instance, Grimm, Tiburtus, Gormek, Buddy or Wilbur with Guardian Jackal, Falcon, Panther, Arthur, Frida, Nordri, or Evelyn. [MASTER])

Negative power creep

FIN

2 Likes

Great read!

FOMO is causing you to…
Actually miss out…on so much more

There was always gold in Gryphonkinght’s FIN

1 Like

Create some ultra rare 6* heroes with higher gem costs to summon. Then after that gate closes for the second time, nerph them.

2 Likes

You mean 20 characters of Myztero?!?

It maybe too late now, as they should have done it a couple years ago.
But… you shouldn’t have to nerf a 6*

The thousand people who have one will not be enough to form any saturations on defense or offense to upset any so-called metrics.

Maybe a few spenders will complain that they can’t "compete" any more. Nothing new there… they will get flushed just like they currently are. Players will say, "It’s a 6star. It’s supposed to be strong"

Every now and then a small fish will defeat one and feel elation. The forum will be primed for “learn2play” lectures.
But for the most part, the bulk population won’t even see them.

Repeated portals and time, however…
After a couple years, there will be full teams of 6* heroes and they will be more common in the lower ranks. Balance may become monthly again at that time. So… que the 7* :money_mouth_face:

Alas… I think it’s too late.
The 7* are already here.

Meanwhile they need to make money off the next portal. So have fun with your balance updates

1 Like

That really was the Telluria issue. She was a hotm and became available to the masses. Instead of rolling out counters (Gormek and Kelile costumes had not dropped yet) as they had done for Guin (Seshat, Proteus, Kage to name a few) to allow the organic process of players growing skills and rosters to handle a new tank in a non traditional tank color, they went in the direction of soft defenses and tile mashing. This was all discussed in Let’s Go Whaling. It was disappointing because chess is more enjoyable to me than whack-a-mole. But they have only lost 70% of their players from before they did this so they must know best.
A restaurant is allowed to give you poor service, long wait times at expensive prices. The question is why do folks keep eating there?

Imo the first 6* hero was Krampus costume pre nerf

Not to shabby but…

I think earlier example’s will veer farther from 7* territory

1 Like