First 3 Soul Exchange picks if I had been around [Who did YOU pick?]

It’s a very nice topic

If my 2023 persona could send a message to my past self to warn him about all the SE editions, Fated Summons and the heroes I ended up pulling from Morlovia and Christmas using EHT I probably would make the same choices

1- G Chameleon - as it was the first and we had a bunch of options I chose him because I love him. A very special hero. But I was lucky enough to not have 20 heroes for trade (actually I had more than 20 but I wasn’t willing to throw away the non dupe S1 even at 1/1) so I evaded Killhare, Skadi and Ursena thanks God

2- Lord Loki was my choice and never regret (for him I used the S1 no dupe non leveled). Amazing hero is used for everything.

3-In this edition there wasn’t a game changer. I was thorn between Onyx and Morel and I ended up taking the last one. If I knew that I would get Maat in December I could think about Onyx for dispeller and buff blocker at 6 tiles but I don’t regret about the choice. Morel is at 3/70 (just like most of my blue 5* waiting for mats)

4-Ludwig as a no brainer. I would love to get Cobalt as I just have Mica as a ninja but Ludwig is Ludwig. Even with an overload of purple I picked him and would do it every time

Absolutely agree. I also need a red healer who’s better than Boldtusk.
My priority is The Hatter, then EDD heroes (Evelyn and Frida) and red fast heroes (Garnett/Lewena). Other options will be analyzed.

I have just one question for you people. Knowing the options for the 4 previous SE edition would you skip one of them in favor of the another edition?
Example: Instead of getting Ursena at 15 in first edition would you skip to compete 20 souls to trade for MN, LoLo or BK in the second edition?

2 Likes

I would level multiple Lord Lokis now if I had them. With all the utter crazy heroes out there right now he’s become an absolute delight to use. I went 5-0 in the tournament today and he was an utter terror. Wish I had several for war teams now.

4 Likes

That entirely depends on where you are at. Generally we can say: First edition had much less attractive heroes than all the editions that came after.
Does it mean Ursena is useless? Well for a top player she certainly is useless, but a top player would never have picked her in the first place, simply because she was useless to them also back then.
In the lower regions of the game she is a perfectly fine hero and if you picked her for a good reason then, I am sure she´s good now.

If you only picked her to pick something, well you probably regret it now, but that is a rather common result of impulse shopping :wink:

If you had more heroes than you know what to do with, well I guess it matters rather little, before that you probably used them for feeders, so not much lost there…

I personally would not have picked her back then, as Killhare seems the better option for a purple tank, although maybe the lower price could have made some people pick her? I would say she was probably one of the better choices back then and is not a completely useless hero, unlike many others, especially in the first edition. But of course Grimble as the following 15 souls purple is much more useful than she is. It depends on the perspective and relative value of 5star feeders.

1 Like

My picks were:

1. Guardian Chameleon:
    This champ has become a surprisingly welcome addition to my roster. With some strong buffer heroes around like Furdinant, Hachiko, and the likes, clearing all that at once an providing strong offensive power at the same time comes in handy in many raids. He’s also great for Green titans, since I can then play green titans with my rather strong blue team.

2. Black Knight:
    Chose him because I did not own a Taunt hero at that point, and I already owned Lord Loki. Somewhat regret this choice at 20 heroes now. He’s still nice, but has been mostly replaced by Ludwig now.

3. Skipped that one due to missing disposable heroes

4. Ludwig
    Copying his skill in raids with Lord Loki was just so much fun to me, that I definitely had to have him at that cost of 15. Even gave away a couple leveled and ascended heroes for him. I don’t regret that choice, he has become a fantastic card in my roster, and I always love to whip him out.

2 Likes
  1. I would have probably taken G. Chameleon or waited, if I knew I’d get some other minions killers back then. I originally took Skadi.

I loved Skadi when I got her. I had no C Gormek, CoD and Erebus back then, I only had Gobbler with no emblems as minion killer, she rocked, because Bera/Freya tanks were still quite often seen in wars. Now with blue tanks being prevalent and M&M being prevalent, she isn’t good against her, sadly.
I mean, she still rocks against most old minion heroes and in minion wars, but yeah… Lately, in war she doesn’t see as much use as she used to have.

Now I take Erebus/C Gormek/CoD against M&M tanks and I might even give Gobbler emblems as well as keep multiples of C Gormeks.

1. Many cool heroes here - it would be between LotL/Lord Loki possibly MN

2. Quenell

3. Ludwig.

I took Skadi and Ludwig.
If I waited 1st round, I could have taken Lotl, Quenell and Ludwig, if I also sacrificed some maxed S1 legendaries without costume, I would probably have enough souls for all 3 of them. But it was a different roster situation and I was in a need of a minion killer badly back then… so it wasn’t an unreasonable choice.
Kind of bummer looking at it right now, as green is easily my weakest 5* color right now. Mainly Quenell would be a great hero to have…

2 Likes

Totally agree she’s far from useless. With so many Anne, Jove and the new W3K yellow hero her reflect is amazing. Mentioned her as an example

3 Likes
  1. Skadi. 2.BK 3. Quenell 4.Ludwig
4 Likes
  1. None
  2. None( would´ve taken Lepiota if i could have)
  3. None (would´ve taken Quenell, since i got no green hitter)
  4. Alfrike :partying_face: :partying_face: i adored her since i came back to the game and wanted to have her, and finally was able to take her, still so happy about it
4 Likes
  1. Gravemaker (maxed)
  2. Lord Loki (maxed)
  3. Zeline (maxed)
  4. Emilio (3/70 and out of tomes)
2 Likes
  1. Alasie (had to, always wanted her and is my avi in-game) [levelled]
  2. Mother North (first resurrection 5* hero) [maxed]
  3. None, saving for next iteration
  4. Ludwig (Read he is awesome for auto-farming, and he is.) [levelled]
3 Likes

Here is what I did (and why) for these SE’s:

1. Guardian Chameleon
    Seemed like the best value in this soul exchange, 10 souls added the ability to dispel uncleansable buffs (which is getting more useful, look at that blue ninja that taunts) and some added power for titans/mythics. I end up not using him as much as I hope, I need to play around more for war attacks are such… right now I lack emblems for wizard though, Hel (no costume) took the ones I had for chameleon.

2. Lady of the Lake
    I did not have enough for 20 and I could get to LoTL eating all of the S1 3-70s that I didn’t care about anyways. Also I feel that both her and MOTN are great for rush, the mana cut always gives me problems when fighting her and you can see why waterpipe is so good, giving more of that type of minion… so while I feel they are fairly equal, for 5 less souls she was a great deal to acquire. I still use this hero all the time, except maybe arrow wars, her minions die too easy there to have an impact.

3. None
    A little short of 10 souls for this one, I could have eaten some maxed s1 but nothing appealed to me that much to make that kind of sacrifice.

4. Ludwig
    You didn’t ask for opinions on this one, but he was worth of eating a few maxed s1 no costumes for IMO, he was and is a game changer in PVP and PVE… plus he is now my war defense tank cause he is better than alternate options of Nyx and Ursena for that role.

5. Likely none
    I only have 4 feeders since Ludwig and while I have a few more S1 maxed no costumes I can part ways with, I can only hit the 10 tier as of now… likely no Ludwig type game changing hero that will be in this tier.

3 Likes

Chameleon
Lepiota
Morel
Emilio

2 Likes

Chameleon
Kunchen
Lady Locke
Ludwig

2 Likes

It’s a great sensation. I felt the same way when I’ve got Ludwig

3 Likes
  1. missed that one because I did not know about SE at the time as a new player so fed my dupe 5*
  2. LoLo. I really love the guy
  3. none was of my interest
  4. Ludwig. For 15 souls was a bargain. Wanted Alfrike and c Finley but you can’t skip on a bargain

Seeing you guys rate LotL and Zuri highly, and considering I got both and a costume, also have Lepiota, I am kinda glad I did not have to choose between them and my choices

3 Likes

1, Skadi- This was a no-brainer at the time, Skadi was absoutley destroying minion teams and offered a unique/game changing skill. Currently I haven’t used her for as long as I can remember. Todays minions are way too strong and all offer much more than just a meat shield. If I had to re-pick I would either skip or roll with G. Chameleon. He’s a phenomenal support hero when used correctly, if he didn’t have the elemental change I believe we’d see much more of him. Killhare also wouldn’t be a bad pick.

1. Skipped - Only had 20 heros and was stuck between Ariel, BK, MN, and LotL. Already had Loki and Lepiota, and I am still trying to find a team for them. Thankfully didn’t go with Ariel or BK as I have 2 BKs now and Ariel joined my roster via FS. Probably should have went Grimble or LotL for 15.

2. Zuri - No brainer, I needed a strong yellow healer/cleanser and she is used on my best team. Onyx was also in the running as I love using him and his debuff/prevent buff is absolutely amazing.

3. Ludwig- amazing deal and unique skill again. Already have two Alfrikes, and while I still use her she is beginning to lost some of her luster with the randomness of the cubes and low dmg. Also have Costume Finley and really only use him for titans and Attack Up Wars. I would have loved Cobalt but couldn’t pick him over Lud.

3 Likes

In retrospect, I would have taken Guarding Chameleon @ 10 rather than Skadi… and I’d happily have taken her in Fated.

I took Lord Loki the second time around… and I like him… he’s great… but with my current roster… a lepiota mother north or lady of the lake would be a better fit… though I appreciate loki isn’t in fated yet… and he has been my mvp quite often… but for all I know, those ladies will be available in fated next time… then I would waffle back to loki.

I skipped the 3rd one… and I don’t see that changing at this point.

Still ludwig… but alfrike would have been nice…

4 Likes

I skipped 1st and 3rd, I got Mother North and Ludwig on 2nd and 4th :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you everyone for replying and telling me what your thoughts are, they are invaluable. I can’t reply to everyone but I have read all of your posts lol :slight_smile: [I am out of likes!]

I too can’t wait for the next one! Although I wonder if it will be a skip for me

3 Likes

I skip them too becouse i didnt have so much 5* heros butt if I did this is list:
1.Harghall+costime
2.Lady of the Lake but Kaghan whit costime is my long expected hero who I also badly want
3.Quenell
4.Ludwig who I only gett from this list after 4-5 years of playing>thet is how much 5*heroes I was ready to give becouse I am F2P rockenrolla

3 Likes