Firing specials in rapid succession (Titan)

Ok… I need someone technically brained to help me out.

Today I was asked about firing specials in rapid succession on Titans. Specifically, if the player needs to wait for the buff icon to actually show on screen before it’s active. I realized that I don’t know for certain.

So for example, if I fire Kunchen, does the defense down activate as soon as I fire and therefore apply to the next hero special? Or do I need to waste precious seconds waiting to see the icon?

I’m sure that I could test it out but I’m equally sure that someone smart here already has! Thank in advance for any input!

2 Likes

The visuals are only there for show, the specials are applied as soon as you click on the hero, so no need to wait for the graphics. Hope this helps. In fact, to save even more time during titan hits, place your heroes in an order such that the specials make sense, like attack buff, then defense down, etc… :slight_smile:

11 Likes

It does, thank-you! I suspected as much but we know what happens when we assume…

1 Like

The map levels are great for testing these things if you are ever curious :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great suggestion! Definitely not testing on a Titan! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Maybe on escaping titans :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

You can test it in raids, the outcoming damage is calculated instantly. And in the order. Fire a killing special and when it´s being casted drop some tiles, they will ghost.

Another example: If you hit an enemy with a massive combo the final damage is shown while hitting, or if an enemy is being hit and cast a heal you will see the hp after the healing move. Even if you´re still watching tiles movement.

3 Likes

Yeah I fire a pile at the same time and it always makes me chuckle when the damage order comes up differently so if you fire say Telluria, Vela and Grimm for example the damage is applied in the order you fired them but the screen will present the damage at the time the graphic ends. So in that scenario Grimms looks like it hits first, then Vela then Tel I think.

It’s easier to see if you take heroes that hit for wildly different amounts but that’s how it looks when you are finishing off an end boss when farming.

([Tip] Updated - new name method or v2.0 - Pre-firing Special skill during Titan animation)

(Tiles are not random? Combos are not random!- Can your computer tell the future?! - #7 by Gryphonknight)

2 Likes

I have Jabbar, his animation is slow. When I fire him first and Sonya second in raids, the hero dies immediately after Sonya’s hit, but comes back again to take Jabbar’s hit and die again :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

The game mechanisme calculated the total damaged of the hits from Jabber, followed by Sonya. You will see the hero’s life at 0 while taking the slow animation shoot from Jabber.
Understanding the buff mechanisme is more important… like how Wilbur’s 44% def down does not stack with Gormek’s 34% but stack with 54% elemental def. down of G. Falcon and so on…

Yeah had the same thang with nordi and gato before nordi animation as started and got to them the swap slash has killed them.

1 Like

Click fast, click well! :wink:

20 specials firing in a row!

2 Likes