FIRE FOR EFFECT šŸ’„ Best and worst special effect?

tenor

2 Likes

2 Likes

The snake glyph that many of the s1 legendary heros have is not bad, for 1 hero to have. Its pretty boring to see it with so many heroes. I do like the new glyphs that JF and Tellu have.
The vine graphic that many green heros and bosses have are pretty tedious, especially with titans. Tellu is the exception, the glyph gives it a new ā€œtwist.ā€
Onatel has a really cool effect, but gets choppy on a kill.
Kuncheon has a great graphic/sound fx combo. It sounds like heā€™s helping his allies and messing with enemies. I love it when I fire it off and hate it when itā€™s used against me.
Mikiā€™s effect is disappointing, it looks like it should do direct damage, but doesnā€™t deliver.
The best sound effect combo is Seashat and Grazul done in succession. Itā€™s pretty good in either order.
Muggy has one of the cutest sound effect, even if it sounds more like a duck than a frog.
The ancient tiger titanā€™s effect looks and sounds as painful as it is. I love the rooster dragonā€™s cockle-doodle-doo.
I havenā€™t seen too many of s3 effects in use, but overall they all seem pretty good so far.
And of course, the best of the best in any category is Grimble. I get excited when I face a minion heavy team, because that means itā€™s nanny goat time.

2 Likes

I have now versed Heimdall, yes he sounds and looks great! They did a good job with the Valhalla animations!

One of my new faves though is Kvasir the bee guy! Hilarious! Met him in a tournament, love the bees flying around my team.

2 Likes

I just hate how Kage eats up the whole screen while taking :30 seconds for a titan hit. And why the lame season 1 repetitive glyph animations! Like those can be fixed for the sake of interest? Come on.

1 Like

yeah, and I also hate seeing Kageā€™s face before he murders one of my heroes, lol. Makes it so much more satisfying when I do kill him.

preeeetty colors! and beautiful diamond-crystal shapes exploding all around.

makes me love Proteus even more!

2 Likes

Aeron also has a beautiful skill effect.

sometimes iā€™ll fire it off even when i donā€™t need it (farming) because itā€™s so pretty

1 Like

@sleepyhead

Great mindsā€¦:grin:

1 Like

:wink: (donates an extra Aeron to Jonahā€™s account. well, wish I could anyway!)

1 Like

finishing off my top 3 among heroes I own: Inari

(though Lady Woolerton is also giving them a run for their money!)

1 Like

Norns is a new fave

2 Likes

whoo! it is quite nice. and congratulations on pulling Killhare!

1 Like

Wow, thatā€™s great!

If her special wasnā€™t so meh (from my PoV) she would be my favourite hero I think - artwork is fantastic and the special looks amazing too.

More heroes like this please SGG!

2 Likes

With all the talk of specials being nerfed/buffed as well as how good are the betaā€™s specials, I would like to make an appreciation (or the opposite thereof) post for the animations and sounds of such specials. Iā€™ll start with my very unbiased ('cause I think so) and totally scientific ('cause I said so) tier list :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: . Since ainā€™t nobody got time to grade every hero, Iā€™m gonna include just a few crowd-favorite. Feel free to add new or dispute my very iron-clad judgment:

Letā€™s start with D for ā€˜Donā€™t even fireā€™ tier:

• Gravemacher: a bit growling and a bit scratching, not impressive
  • Alasie: discounted version of Anthenaā€™s bow, the small snowflakes is a nice touch tho.
  • Captain Kestrel: in this magical and mystical dream world, are you seriously gonna fire some shots and call it a special? Go home and drink your bootleg rum, captain.
  • Guinevere: just a flash (without) tune. Is it just me or you also instantly go to Julie Andrew singing ā€˜The Lusty Month of Mayā€™ from Camelot when thinking about ā€˜Word of the Queenā€™?

Move on to C for ā€˜Could try a bit harderā€™ tier:

• Drake: less of a fury and more of a flailing, maybe have a nunchuck dance?
  • Evelyn: listening to warcry and can only hear catfight, and whatā€™s with the green ā€œsonicā€ half-crescents? I demand the shattering!
  • Frida: I mean, this could not be more literal, much ice and a bash. Too literal perhaps. Would move straight to S tier if the sound of polar bearā€™s growl is included.
  • Finley: wait a minute wait a minute, have I seen your special somewhere? Captain Diamond, is that you?!?! O captain my captain, what did you do to the queen to get banished away with the pirates?

And now, a special tier, B for ā€˜just the symBolā€™. Truly, these heroes depend on having one big symbol/insignia/seal in the middle to be cool. Without it, Iā€™ll have to create an F tier.

• Telly: for the god of forest, Telluria sure knows how to ā€˜borrowā€™ Horghall and Skittleskullā€™s vine-wrapping special.
  • Jean-Francois: I personally blame the specialā€™s name this time. JF ainā€™t gonna do anything fun when his whole shtick is advertised in the name. Literally a.seal.of.fire. Give :clap: me :clap: more :clap:.
  • Red Hood: the OG forest queen who has been dethroned. Those fox eyes lurking behind the seal under the dark are cool tho.
  • Kunchen: if not for the cool clock-winding magic-machinery-running sound effect, Kunchen can go join the C tier where his goatee can be of more use.
  • Zeline: an Emerald appearing and absolvingā€¦ is this code for something? I honestly canā€™t think due to her days for legs on heels. Someone stop my imagination!

Almost the top, here are my A for ā€˜Almost Amazeballsā€™:

• Toth-Amun: we get the ā€˜purpleholeā€™ devouring lifeforce, an undead zombie, AND a magic symbol? TRIPLE WHAMMY yā€™all.
  • Vela: not just the water symbol, oh no no no. Our hero brings water from wherever water comes from and flush the enemy away. Bit less impressive when fighting in Atlantis.
  • Perseus: a slash! a flash! a bang and bash! We do love a trio of event 'round here.
  • Ursena: that sound of depth blast scares me to the core and hurts my soul. When she hits, the amount of purple from those blasts makes Quintus and Mok-Arr consider their life choices. No wonder why Cthulu keeps trying to go on dry land.

And lo and behold, the Truly Legendary S-tier:

• Grimble: the only case in which the freaking hero in all his glory (on a goat which facialā€™s expression means everything to me) physically goes to the enemyā€™s side and give them a thrashing. Instant classic, instant S-tier.
  • Onatel: that drawn-by-heaven pierce-through-thy-soul eye is the darndest thing to ever appear on MY side (RIP my classical heroes). Getting hit has never been more magnificent.
  • Black Knight: ā€˜just a flesh woundā€™, 'nuff said.

Any addition or contestation is welcomed :star_struck:

1 Like