Final blow to TC20 heroes

This game is growing more and more pay to win. Basically costumes allow somebody that wants to throw infinite amount of money to have an advantage equaling pay-to-win for the few or many. It pretty much makes the tc20 a lot less valuable. Now basically a free-to-play player has two get lucky and unlock a five star out of the tc20 and somehow get even luckier and get that costume for him to have an equal playing field what fun thanks Ep!

2 Likes

I think it really depends on how you look at it. The reverse of your argument is costumes are actually more F2P friendly. Consider this:

P2P players spend $$ to get the biggest, baddest and newest heroes out there. Why bother with Viv when you can have Kunchen? For this example:

1. Viv comes out of tc20
  2. She has a costume that makes her special similar to Kunchens
  3. SG gives us enough free keys each month to pull a free costume
  4. Leveling costumes are quick and cheap

Why would P2P players bother with Viv and a costume when they can just get Kunchen? But it’s worthwhile to F2P players to do those free pulls and level the costume. It gets them a free hero that has great potential.

11 Likes

P2W is a misnomer. You can’t win e&p.

4 Likes

I feel like I’m getting ripped off though when I do spend a little money and end up with the same costumes I already had. Can we at least get a costume we don’t already have without the stupid randomness. It’s always irritated me that the cards are so random, now the costumes are as well and it’s over the top especially because they are redundant.

Come on Percival Cox… P2W is just nomenclature for pay to get ahead.

OP, your notion is ridiculous as pointed out in the second post.

Who is going to spend a bunch on costumes when there are new HOTMs to get.

Let us cheap people get some good pulls here and there and bolster our mediocre teams.

3 Likes

This game is built on randomness. This is also being discussed in another thread. You may want to take a look there as some have explained the reason you get so many duplicates (spoiler alert! It’s because there is a limited number of costumes in the chamber right now)

1 Like

What is sad is all it would take for Costumes to be F2P friendly would be to make them more like Atlantis coins in that you could get keys from titans, tournaments, wars, raid chests, wanted chests etc.

Reward length of play as well as money spent, it’s easy and hurts nobody. P2W will still spend the money to get their paws on them immediately, and everyone else can get them eventually. As it is with 12 free spins a year your odds of getting the ones you need are crazy low and it’s just another pointless update for most players.

Full disclosue: I am not F2P

4 Likes

It’'s been doing that for 2-1/2 years (and counting). Except for the fact that you can’t win. Better to call it pay to compete.

1 Like

Merged. :slight_smile:

As I said complaining about things out of your control makes no sense but I listen to these kinds of people everyday at my job. In the last ten years I have had some of the most idiotic write ups to deal with from my managers and these “google” made responses i get makes me wanna throw up. So I come here to my alliance of like minded people and everytime something new is introduced i have to wade through 500 posts of i dont have anything and i dont wanna work for it so just give it to me cause i want it. You are correct, I’m over it. For everyone useful thread or attempt to see someone with an actual brain speak I have to go through 50 kids/ grown ■■■ adults complaining about how other kids spend there hard earned money, who sounds like the whiner again? I’m just the guy that doesnt care if a bunch of people who want a free ride get mad cause i charge em gas money cause my car dont drive on free.

1 Like

I totally hear you. I for one enjoyed your rant … which would be atleast 1 more then the f2p ranters have life time. Don’t get too frustrated though … it will only be something else next week that’ll spurrr the same type of argument. We live in a day an age where people feel it’s their right “ to be on the dole” as they lay on thousand dollar phones and internet plans.

2 Likes

I know I should just let it go but man it sucks trying to find actual information on new stuff here without going through poor me everyday. I came from beyond poor, where people this day still dont have even internet, some even have flip phones. Where most of my friends are not here anymore, the ungratefulness of today’s society it’s just a travesty.

3 Likes

Great! Life lessons from adults playing on their cell phones… maybe we should stick to the subject at hand…

4 Likes

Right the post made with misguided and false information to get yourself a rah rash crowd. Nah I’m good you have at that

I think there is always a risk of bias when labeling people, especially when that subset of people are the ones you are dealing with.

I work in healthcare, primarily with the geriatric population, and subsequently their children (middle aged - 40+)

This “wanting stuff for free” and “not wanting to pay” is societal and NOT only young people. Many people middle aged and geriatric expect others to pay for 24hr care and medical procedures. Why should mom or dad have to sell their house and use all their retirement money? They worked their whole life to pay off their house! (And on occasion with the undertone that these “middleaged” people should be inheriting land, houses, money) When people are FTP irl at 5, 6 and on occasion 7 figures it adds perspective.

Based on “my experience at work” I could easily say all “middleaged people” are money hungry, dont care about their parents health and safety, and think others/government should pay for all care. That’s who I see all day, year after year.

On topic: I do think the costumes are very FTP and CTP friendly in their current state. I’m even thankful that the summoning odds are better than I expected and hope I will get lucky when I eventually use my costume keys.

6 Likes

Which part is false or misguided? When directly confronted about it, SG did not dismiss the idea of costumes for HOTM and event heroes. Beside, there’s lots of financial potential in such venture so I doubt we’ll wait for too long before we see that happen. I only trust SG to go where it’s interest is.

It would be nice if we could have more specific threads for some of these topics. Strange is right… the forumns get a little frustrating looking for info and reading some of the same old “I’m broke but want to be the best crap”. What’s worse is getting half the comments flagged because now they are broke/wanting to be good and now offended( but not really it’s a free way to win an argument). Maybe, to make this a more enjoyable experience for the supporting customers we could by-pass the “hands out” crowd. Let’s do this by allowing/changing topic headings. Example: costumes-f2p complaints, costumes everyone else

2 Likes

I’m sure I’m flagged six times soon …

I think flagging a post is pointless, as all you have to do is tap the “view hidden content” button. So what’s the point in flagging? Of course, there are the forum rules, they have to be respected and the mods do their best to keep offensive content out. But after all, we’re all adults here… I’ll flag a post that’s in a different language, so the mods might move it to that specific section, or a post that goes way beyond a little name calling, but that’s about it…

One costume a month is not at all f2p friendly.
Because the odds of getting one 5* costume for the 5* you own and it’s at level 80, are almost 0.
In the best scenario you will be able to level one 5* with its costume in a year…
Common, that won’t make any difference. One costumed 5* in a team… The board luck will have more impact in the outcome that one 5* costumed.

I like the idea of the costumes in general, but only a chance for a costume a month, its not f2p friendly as it was supposed to be.
Because if I am spending money I will invest in new 5* hotm or atlantis heroes and no costumes…

I think they can fix it with more ways to win keys playing (titans, wars,…)

3 Likes