Filter by Zephyr1

Is it possible to have a function on forums to filter a topic in a way which lets you see only posts of moderators and above (plus maybe OP)?

I know I can “search in this topic” for @zephyr1, but a format of the response it shows is really inconvenient to browse.

And that’s what I’m currently doing when I want to browse a long topic and check for important answers.

If this is not already a feature of discourse (the forum software) you would have to make a feature request to them. SGG do not control the forum software.

You sorta can… I don’t think you can do a GROUP of user filtering but you can filter a specific person:

Step 1: find the person in the thread you want to filter (hopefully they are at the top of the thread:

Step 2: tap (or click) that person’s icon & it shows this view:

Step 3: hit the “X posts in this topic” and it will filter those posts by that user.

I don’t believe there is any way to add more “people” to that filter tho so you would need to filter on each person you want to read :frowning:

6 Likes

This thing from @Guvnor surely helps partially.

2 Likes

OMG

Forum Bookmarked

You need to cross post this somewhere where people can find it in the future.

Edit
Does NOT work if user only has 1 reply.

Does work if user has 3 replies.

I could not find an example of 2 replies since it only lists the top 18 users in each topic.

3 Likes

Alternative solution… you could do what I did…

Annoy the living crap out of the moderator team until they open a private thread with you, then you can ask them questions directly. :grin:

Oopsie… just realized I probably made their jobs 1000x harder… :laughing:

That’s what you guys get for outnumbering me in the counting thread!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

You can just stalk, er, follow the moderator activity:

or

Narrow it to your favorites:

1 Like

It works the same if you tap their face IN the thread too. So if you search first for their post using the :mag: and checking “this thread only”

Then you just do:

1. Find their post

2. Tap their “face” or avatar
    Screenshot_20200413-092253_Chrome

3. Tap the “X posts in thread” and it’ll filter. Good for those threads where there are people being repetitive clogging up the “frequent posters” & you just want to read your favourite authors.

2 Likes

This would be a nice addition to Discourse.

Ooo. Black magic. :sparkles: I like it. :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Filter by user

If you want to read before, or after, a filtered post, you can look up the actual post number

In the above example it is @zephyr1 9/9 post in the topic. But by clicking the link button, it displays the actual post is #128.

This allows you to go to post #128 and then scroll up or down.

You can also hit refresh page on your web browser, but sometimes that will move you to a random post further up the topic.

1 Like