Fighting in the war against a team that cheated

There is no exploit here. Once war matchmaking is done, you can freely leave your alliance to go Merc as long as you return before war starts. I do this all the time if my titan is a pass. Also note, that because people do pop in and out to Merc it may seem that many of their alliance members are brand new. I have been with my alliance for close to a year, yet if you check my alliance profile it says that i have only joined 1d ago.

It is not possible for them to change the members of their team once war matchmaking is done because you have been locked in. You can however change your name or more commonly your avatar.

In terms of defences, I run a completely different defence set-up for raid defence vs my war defence. If I run a very high TP defence for Raids I often find that I have hardly any revenges available in my tower when I wake up in the morning. As such I run a defence which will comfortably keep me in Diamond but will entice people to raid me. With war, there is no incentive to put out a weakened defense.

1 Like

If the war score is equal and you see the big difference in war defence team for sure its the new created alliance. At the beginning of the alliance the titans are so weak that many members just go mercing to not waste the flags. I am the member of such alliance and first 6-7 wars we were OP and we outscored our opponents.

1 Like

Like @G.O.A.T said. Being a new alliance, their warscore reflects only the real fire power, not as yours. That’s why they are stronger, with similar warscore. You cannot cheat like you said in the first place, because it’s impossible. Only the original players, when the warmatching finished, may participate in war. They cannot be replaced with others. The new comers, if they remain in the alliance when the war starts, will be in spectator mode, it’s no-brainer…

1 Like

I’ll tell you how this works. There is some huge issues in dinamic matchmaking that includes win rate.

Our crew is top-tier and we fought wars along about a year with only 4 defeats. All defences around 4500+ power.
But we got really exhausted of 14* titans and decided to create new alliance to reset titan score. And it is seems more rewarding to just fill titan chest than killing 14* sometimes releasing ones.

And after we moved to new alliance not only our titan score resets, war score too.

So we met some alliance significally weaker last time. Not a chance for them to win. Their top def is around 4400, but some members have even 3500 power or less. It was some massacre with 3x difference in score. And our warscore is equal.

1 Like

This is exactly what we were wondering how this happened
Thanks for insider info
Seems a bit dodgy for the losing team as there is no chance fighting such a team
Not much fun on the losing side

[quote=“Rastan, post:11, topic:146038”]
be impossible for different members to join after the match-making completed. So based on that, let’s assume that everyone

I am not saying that the other alliance cheated, but they have a large team when you visit their alliance , but for war they put up a 1* or 2* team freshly out of the training camp. That way when we attack them we win, but we don’t make the big points. Then they attack us with the big teams that they are hiding from us. In doing this there is no way for us to make the same amount of points as they do. So, what I am asking is this, is this wrong? It may not be cheating, but there is no way for us to meet them equally on a battlefield.

This is actually a horrifically bad strategy – putting weak teams only decreases the amount of points they’re worth relative to everyone else on their team.

If everyone puts weak teams, they average out to be worth the same amount of points as if everyone had put full team of 5* heroes maxed.

Please see the following reply;

Every alliance in war is worth 1500 points (give or take) total. That means that if an alliance puts only weak teams for war, they’ll still average out to all be worth 1500 points cumulatively (and be much easier to take out too!)

You can make the same amount of points by taking out their weak teams with your weak teams – and save your strong teams for the strong ones they have left.

Yes, it’s not cheating, but it’s also not a good strategy. :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you for the explanation. I can understand the scoring much more now. You have been very helpful.

No matter how weak a defense you field it will be worth a minimum of

500 / # of participants

So if 30 paticipants every team starts at 500/30=17 points (rounded).

Then the extra for team health is added.

In the end, fielding a weaker team just makes it easier to get the points.

2 Likes

Hi. In our war, a rival of 3,851 power. He put a defense with all 1 * heroes and that costs us one shot for each board cleaning, and they only give us 30 points.When we know that they should be more than 100, and have a penalty for that. What can we do? Is there no help to penalize that player or his alliance? It is hurting us.

It’s actually a gift to your alliance. Why:

• It’s an easy kill that you know you won’t waste flags on.
  • If you have smaller teams in your alliance it gives them something to hit that they don’t have to struggle with.
  • You’re not losing points. The points you expect to be applied to this player is spread throughout the rest of the teams. Each board = approximately 1500 points. Players fielding these weaker teams aren’t taking any points away from you.

If you’re not resetting the board, don’t hit this guy until you’re ready to reset. That way you only get the lesser points for that team at that time.

2 Likes

Perhaps they’ve changed their names and avatars and teams just to play mind games. :woman_shrugging:

thanks for your answer. I remember that before killing someone with such a defense, they gave you very high scores as punishment for those players or alliances

There has never been punishment points for players that field low defense teams. Perhaps you’re thinking of one of the following:

• The kill bonus for a team used to be the same as the kill points. This was for all teams, though.
  • All defenses have a minimum amount of points they can be worth. I believe it’s something like 20 points which doesn’t seem like much of a penalty.
1 Like

We change promotions and leaders after war start, the A-E 1-6 grids become a little off. All in good fun

1 Like

How does it cost you? The opposing alliance is still worth the same points overall, just spread out differently. They are actually gifting you 30 points that your weakest player can one-shot. The other “missing 70+ points” are tacked on to other players that are no stronger than before.

1 Like

The minimum is 500 divided by the number of teams.

1 Like

500 / 30 = roughly 17 points. Which is close to 20. Maybe that’s where I’m getting it, but I thought there was an actual minimum amount. Regardless, all teams have a base amount they are worth.

2 Likes

You also get a percentage share of the remaining 1000 depending on your team health compared to rest of your alliance. I imagine even a 1* team must be worth a couple of points. But that part is variable. The 17 is fixed (if 30 players).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.