Fighting familiar names

Lol. Pretty sly (for a rabbi) is your game name ivy green? Or ivy the terrible?

I woke up this evening and noticed a familiar name on my watchtower list. Crazy thing is this. I didn’t remember seeing the name when I initially raided, but then, my attention is always first focused on hero line-up and arrangement in a defense and maybe trophy ×/- ratio as opposed to the player’s name. Then I quickly attack thinking nothing else. Still, it’s really exciting for me to have the amazing @JonahTheBard visit my domain for payback. Suddenly, I feel a little bit more included with all you guys!

3 Likes

I was practising with my rainbow team, but they couldn’t shift that beastly Seshat before she’d fired a couple of times, so I stacked yellow and got a straightforward win in the end.

She’s a decent tank compared to most of the snipers :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

That is so cool to me! I didn’t know if I’d ever be good enough as a player to be ranked at a tier that would allow me to face any of the elite contributors of this forum. But if I knew you were coming, I would’ve left more food and iron for you!

2 Likes

Ivy the Terrible, Marjana avatar, my alliance is named Cracking Open a Cold One.

@Mr_Style_Points, with Rigs unavailable to tag, can you please pass this on to them? Thank you!

Rigs, long have I hoped to find you. You are one of my favorite posters. I know it bothers some, but I have always appreciated your straightforward style. If you disagreed with me, you’d tell me. Which is great, since I want your honest opinion more than I want a show of fake agreement-cum-forum-friendship.

Your defense is stout, but I couldn’t pass on the opportunity. As expected before I attacked, I was essentially forced to choose between Finley and Alberich firing. So that part of your defense is ahem working as intended. Jabberwock is a pain, given their speed and unusual targeting. Normally with this team I’d stash my healers in the corners, but it seemed unwise with Jabberwork on the field. Luckily, shunting my healers towards the middle isn’t punished since you have no A3E attacker. I’m sure you realize this, but Gravemaker for Marjana would be devastating.

It’s a real pain that my red mana troop isn’t yet level 23, as Mitsuko would have been charged at nine tiles and delayed Guinevere’s first cast. With one fewer HoT turn, it also probably would have meant her death at ~1:03. Instead she casts once more before I can take her out. And I had to use a special on Guinevere that otherwise could have been directed to Alberich. That’s a huge chain of consequences just because my mana troop isn’t at the break point. Oh well. Bottom line, I only barely managed to win here because I’ve gotten extremely lucky: pulling two Seshats, Alberich revived no one, and Mother North did.

5 Likes

Will one of my 9,326 forum besties please explain to me what this means?

4 Likes

It means you’re doing just great Mr @Kayo

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. Thanks for giving it to me straight, JB!

1 Like

A man with your taste in shirt-shorts-canine combos deserves the best :+1:

1 Like

If there’s one thing I can assure you, even if @Rigs no longer has an active account on the forums he is always lurking. In the shadows, in the bushes, whatever. So just know, that even if you cannot see him, he is gazing upon your activities.

He wanted me to reference you to Footprints in the Sand… whatever that means…

4 Likes

Wait wait wait. @rigs isn’t here?

1 Like

RIP @Rigs we hardly knew ye

Lol, told you…
He asked me to pass this on

5 Likes

He got rather frustrated with a debate or two and is on indefinite hiatus…

2 Likes

Chatted with him on line.

I’ll miss his comments and wit.

1 Like

Foot prints in the sand… that’s rich of Rigs lol. We will all be patiently awaiting his YouTube video “why I decided to come back too the forumns” video. For the “fans -not the sinners”

@KLinMayhem, I have a video for you. I don’t have time to upload it right now, but I’ll post it tomorrow. If you’d care to favor me with a revenge vid, I have upgraded my defense since Rigs embarrassed it.

3 Likes

Maybe if I drop some cups and make it worth my while before you scroll off the list

Cant promise anything :smiley:

2 Likes

@IvyTheTerrible I’m too petty to wait.

Thought I was gonna lose until that cascade killed GM haha

5 Likes