šŸ… [May 7, 2019] 5th Raid Tournament! ā€” 5* Buff Booster, No Nature/Green

Make a diamond of useless tiles or throw them up to charged enemies.

Already had a lot of green diamonds this tour and took two defeats so far with a stack of 3 dark and two holy heroes.

Still tier 1% and no losses from my def of 3 ice guys.

So you are playing on old version? Since you have 3 heroes in DT?

Yes, no update received yet.
But I probably put two 1* in the corners otherwise. Not much of a difference.

Updating my tournament at the end of day 2

ATTACKING:

Average defense power of my opponents: 3626TP
My maximum power of my best 5 heroes (excluding green): 3442TP

Pretty fair. 10 wins 0 losses. 5942 points (average 594 points)

DEFENDING:

Average attack power of my opponents (assuming they put their best defense): 2789TP
My defense power: 2751TP

Again pretty fair. 3 wins 4 losses. Grades C - C

So far matchmaking is working fine in my experience.

Iā€™m quite satisfied because I havenā€™t dropped an attack so far and I have 0 5* heroes in my whole roster

Stressful raid, most matches are 4200-4300. But I broke 10,000 points!

Unfair in my opinion because:

• no greens, blues tank are very strong because itā€™s hard to get good greens that attacks.

• board randomness that want you dead (classic)

• this annoying mechanic that make ennemies always targetting the weakest hero 4 times in the row (this is the thing that make me rage the most)
    ITS NOT RANDOM. Or happen to me all the time every raid.

Fairness is when everyone playing using the same rule.

The fact that the rule apply to every player mean that the tournament is not unfair. Maybe unbalanced is the correct term? It heavily favor defense than attack.

True, I believe itā€™s been confirmed that is how the AI works.
Edit: not confirmedā€¦

1 Like

No, I had Drake and Sartana on the wings. 4150ish TP.

Is there a thread somewhere that discusses this? I just read one where people said the AI always targets healers. So, is it the healers or the weakest or some combination? It would be helpful to know.

Sorry, it seems not to be confirmed by staffā€¦ my badā€¦

The AI is supposed to simulate optimal play (which it does very badly). When youā€™re on offense and you have a killing shot on a foe, do you take it or aim at a full-health opponent? Personally, I take the killing blow (unless I see a cleverer way of taking out that low-health hero). Why shouldnā€™t the AI do the same?

My sense is that the AI starts its turn by prioritizing targets. It then uses a ā€œweighted diceā€ approach for actually choosing targets, where the odds of targeting a priority target are boosted. Priority targets appear to include:

• low health
  • high mana
  • healers
  • strong color

It definitely uses some randomness; otherwise, all minions would be gunning for the same target, which definitely does not happen.

2 Likes

Got attacked twice today.

Alliance member on the other handā€¦

30 attacks in just over an hour this morning?!?!? Plus one player with back to back wins?

@Petri

that gave me ideas on heroes that could affect the AI, and even obstruck the player when targetting. That could be interresting. :slight_smile:

Yeah i know this mechanics use a bit randomness (i posted a comment about it in another topic)
sometimes, being able to heal my badly hurt hero is a ā€œmiracleā€ to reverse the situation (close fights, but i like it)
and Wilbur helps a lot because it makes the ai mechanic useless. (And saved me a lot of times, definitely the strongest 4*)

See Queen of Heartsā€¦

Not like that, QOH is a hero that force you to get rid of her minion else no debuff

I am talking about a : ā€œennemies are less likely to attack youā€ effect (repell) that you can apply to any ally.
On attack ennemy has way less chances to attack your hero with this buff
On defense: if an attacker try to target the hero with this buff, it has a high chance to be redirected to another ennemy. (Even works with tiles)
(This include only attacks that target a specific hero, AOE attack are usefull)

this is the type of effect i had on mind (And itā€™s doable)

I went 17-3 using QoH, Zim and 3 strong colors against the tank.

w00t!

1 Like

I came to start of day 4. Then i ultimately diedā€¦

My 5blue team didnā€™t make itā€¦ I just have had 10 4250+ enemies. And i blundered with my defence team. 2 reds instead of 2 blue, as green canā€™t be used.

my 5 blue team did wellā€¦ Ariel-Arthur-Alasie-magni and Isarnia. Ariel 3-70, isarnia 4-10. 3800 power against 4250+ā€¦

But why only these big enemies? Grrrrrrā€¦ :smiley:

It looks like the defenses you get matched with increase in power systematically. Which has the side-effect that if you pit out a so-so defense, it quickly stops getting challenged, and somyour grade locks in at whatever you got on the first day or two.

Updating my tournament at the end of day 3

ATTACKING:

Average defense power of my opponents: 3710TP
My maximum power of my best 5 heroes (excluding green): 3442TP

Still pretty fair. 12 wins 3 losses. 7916 points (average 528 points)

DEFENDING:

Average attack power of my opponents (assuming they put their best defense): 2780TP
My defense power: 2751TP

Again pretty fair. 5 wins 6 losses. Grades C - C - C

I have to say it again. Matchmaking is working almost optimal for me.

Iā€™m hanging out with only one strike left and my 4* heroes doing their best (no 5* heroes in my whole roster)

1 Like

Itā€™s been surreal tournament for meā€¦ Somehow, I ended up on Top 1%ā€¦ :rofl:

My best team is only around 3300 TP. I donā€™t even field a single 5* in my attack teamā€¦ My only 5* are Ariel in 1st ascension (equal to 3*) and unleveled Thoth-Amunā€¦ My best hero is Boldtusk 4/60 which mean I donā€™t even have a single maxed 4* nor emblemed hero.

I should have lost few times at day 3 and 4 but somehow bad board turned into long combo and kill the tank+flankā€¦ It happened few timesā€¦ :scream:

It does help that this tournament restrict nature heroes as I lack strong nature heroes. It also help that the special rule is buff booster as my main attack team specialize in dispel.

Summary
Attack Power 3295
Defense Power 2592
Attack Record 17W-3L
Defense Record 10W-3L
Attack Points 10743
Defense Points 3100
Total Points 13843
Rank 1800
Tier Top 1%

I even ranked higher than in the previous 3* tournamentā€¦

Click here for hero and team details.

Here are my top 5 strongest heroes (I donā€™t bother to exclude nature heroes as I donā€™t even have one above 3/60 yet):

1. Boldtusk 4/60 (Power = 631)
  2. Proteus 4/55 (Power = 630)
  3. Ameonna 4/50 (Power = 623)
  4. Rigard 4/51 (Power = 619)
  5. Hu Tao 4/55 or Sonya 4/51 (Power = 618)

Main Attack Team (used for all attacks except 5th attack on 3rd day and 4th attack on 4th day):

Its record is 16 victories - 2 defeats.

Alternate Attack Team (used for 5th attack on 3rd day and 4th attack on 4th day, I should have use this for 5th attack on 1st day but I forgot to change itā€¦):

Its record is 1 victory - 1 defeat.

False Defense Team (I lower it by using weak wings complementing stronger tank/flanks in order to trap opponents who donā€™t have deep roster):

Its record is 10 victories - 3 defeats.

Click here for attack details.
Attack Day 1
Result Points Defenderā€™s TP Tank
W 554 3229 Grimm
W 561 3293 Wu Kong
W 568 3361 Kiril
W 575 3433 Li Xiu
L 98 3510 Sargasso
Day 1 Total 2356 - -
Attack Day 2
W 570 3378 Sabina
W 575 3435 Marjana
W 581 3489 Boril
W 586 3540 Wu Kong
W 592 3606 Boril
Day 2 Total 2904 - -
Attack Day 3
W 597 3658 Kiril
W 601 3688 Chao
W 605 3727 Justice
W 609 3781 Boril
W 418 3808 Proteus
Day 3 Total 2830 - -
Attack Day 4
W 606 3737 Boril
W 609 3772 King Arthur
W 612 3805 Khagan
W 615 3832 Sartana
L 211 3856 Elena
Day 4 Total 2653 - -
Click here for defense details.
Defense Day 1
Result Attackerā€™s Defense TP
W 2708
W 2698
L 2773
L 2705
Win (Day 1) 2
Loss (Day 1) 2
Total Win 2
Total Loss 2
Grade B
Points 650
Defense Day 2
L 2572
W 2649
W 2777
Win (Day 2) 2
Loss (Day 2) 1
Total Win 4
Total Loss 3
Grade B
Points 650
Defense Day 3
W 2686
W 2678
W 2707
W 2568
W 2722
Win (Day 3) 5
Loss (Day 3) 0
Total Win 9
Total Loss 3
Grade A
Points 900
Defense Day 4
W 2847
Win (Day 4) 1
Loss (Day 4) 0
Total Win 10
Total Loss 3
Grade A
Points 900

Please note that defense team power is not indicative of attack team power.

If only the reward is as good as the tournament :sleepy:

8 Likes