War Battlefield Diversity - Forced Tank Colours

I like this idea. Eventually we all will see defenses at 4200+ since everyone focuses on building that one super powerful AW defense. This idea forces you to spread your development efforts across 3 AW defense teams.

Cmon, everybody has at least 3 to 5 tank options and just has to rethink the own defense strategy due to the given element/class/gender whatever.

Tell me you’ve got only one choice for a possible defense and I’m with you, but most of the players have multiple options.

There may come a war, where you can’t field your best defense, but so what…

That’s something that has always bothered me. How come attacking teams can be utilized just once but the enemy’s defense teams get revived at least 3 times? Makes no sense in a war, it’s unfair to the attacking team, and it goes against any game’s logic. A killed defense team should stay dead too.

I like the idea of building more than one defense team tbh, it would make AW less boring and repetitive. It would be a good reason to level up duplicate heroes too. Afterall the more heroes people summon and level up to max the more money SG gets.

3 Likes

I’ve read a lot of post on this stating unfairness. This doesn’t actually make sense regarding the AW, as any rules they implement will work both ways.
They might implement rules that weaker the defense so higher scores will be obtained or the other way around.
As long as they make correct adjustments too the matchmaking algorithm AW will be as fair as possible.

Merged. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This has a lot of potential. I quite like it. The background field of battle image could change to match the new terrain

I like your second idea of three defensive teams. If there is a complete reset, staying with the first defensive team is important.

Class wars sounds fun. Or only being able to attack or defend or tank with certain colors.

Or having a -20% or +20% buff/debuff for certain colors or classes is perhaps the best idea.

It’s true, new players won’t have a big bench for this or even 3 defensive teams, but on the other hand they will be matched up against other players that don’t have a big bench (assuming their guild isn’t drastically better than them). I am relatively new to this game (5 months) and my bench is big enough to handle it.

1 Like

Yes, my original thought was just a random rule (like fieldaid) to set up a tank matching a given element, gender or class by rotation.

That would force everybody to build different defenses every time and make it a lot harder or even impossible for alliances to have same colored tanks.

Diversity on the battlefield and diversity for your defense.

1 Like

since wars are now pretty monotonous where everyone seems to have telly…what if sg did something similar with tanks like they do with field aid or arrow barrage…every war sg picks a color tank for that war…this would really create some diversity and make wars fun again.

1 Like

Hi @Musky,

A similar idea has been raised in the past, though I cannot find it.

My feedback to your idea is the same as I offered to that one, namely, it would penalize junior players. Many new players only have one tank, and forcing them to not use that tank would disproportionately penalize them (versus folks who have decent tanks of every color).

I appreciate the intent, but wars are already challenging for folks who haven’t yet built up a deep bench.

2 Likes

It is an interesting idea…

Re-embleming heroes is costly though… and you’re essentially saying you’d need a highly emblemed defense with each tank color represented… so unless emblems become easier to get (reset token later too), or the cost is dramatically reduced, I doubt this would fly with most players.

1 Like

I think it would be great if war could follow rules similar to what we have in tournaments. Wars have their own buffs, so that wouldn’t change, but we could have:

• Missing colors
  • Only 4 or 3 star heroes! The majority would still be 5 star, but if 25% of them were with the lesser heroes, I think it would be interesting…
  • Missing classes

That would REALLY change it up. Just missing colors would really change it up.

It would at least make war interesting again. Maybe you would need to opt into the war and you’d need to know what it was beforehand.

People don’t complain that they don’t have perfect emblems for all of their tanks in tournaments, why would it be any different in war?

People say they want wars to be more interesting, this would make wars more interesting.

2 Likes

Facing 25 Tell tanks week after week is getting really really old!

So…what if…the tank color for Alliance Wars was actually chosen by the game and rotated either every war or every month???

This seems good for SG and good for players and reasonably easy to implement.

• Players will get rules that will actually encourage diversity and mixing up a dominant GTV meta.
  • SG gets a mechanic that makes players invest in 5 tanks, not one.

Of course, we’ve all invested considerably in ONE defense, but if the rules for AW are the same for everyone than everyone fairs no worse off than they did before the rule went into place. Just like for Tournaments, sometimes you really have a great team composition and some times you don’t but it all averages out over time.

By introducing a rotation, the best alliance will actually be the one with the deepest and most diverse defenses, not just the most GTV+20 frontlines!

I personally think this one change would make for a more engaging Alliance War week after week. We’d actually have blue, green, yellow, and red tanks again!

What do you think? Think SG will ever see this and/or consider it? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This sounds interesting at the very least.

Love the tank color restrictions but dislike the team changes based on the respawn since f2p players without a vast collection of heroes will be left in prejudice after building their war teams. It also would make it complicated to familiar and friendly alliances who allow very weak players to join their alliances once they have 1 strong team for defending.

Best diversity was if the tank color would be randomly given to each player each week.

Multicolored wars and max 20% Tel/Vel would be the result.

There’s so much controversy with the Trilogy aka (GTV of JfTV ) and people complaining that there bored because Raids are the same War is the same .

For at least for war, a solution to this issue maybe a Tank Colour routing system, could be introduced like what is done in the tournaments whereby a colour is missed out and unused for the entire tournament.
For this idea it would solely be the tank of a certain colour not allowed only , but allowing that colour to participate within your war teams .
For every war it could be a random Tank chosen by algorithm to ensure there is more diversity to Wars.
It’ll will bring and usher in a new dimension and a long awaited breath of fresh air to Wars.
To counteract the expensive cost of tranfering emblems to and fro, an Emblem Token should be introduced solely for war purposes so as not to incurre the massive resource debt , say to emblem a hero of 20 emblems.
These emblems can be found in the usual places , Monster chest , Titan drops, Wanted missions Quests etc .
Tweaking and fiddling and trying to fix telly and Vela will not be necessary.
@Petri @DaveCozy @Rigs

1 Like

emblems would be the main issue

3 Likes

I would like this idea and may force the player-base to split up their emblems. But because they’re so expensive, it would likely end up annoying a good chunk of the playerbase.

If this were to happen, I’d also like to see changes to the embleming costs personally.

2 Likes