I don’t like this idea at all, because it doesn’t make sense. It’s a war, not a challenge or a tournament, where special rules could be applied. War is about hitting the enemy and preventing them from hitting you. How would you explain it? “Achilles is sulking, use someone else”? War is a whole alliance fight. What you’re suggesting would make it more individual, which would destroy the purpose. The point is that everyone has the same rules.
However, the color change could be forced by the war effect. In quests, there’s an effect which creates disadvantage to fire heroes. If there were war effects like this rather than “Everyone attacks more” “Everyone gets hit” “Everyone gets healed”, it could make wars more interesting. And it would effect both defending and attacking teams the same. So for example:
- – ; + Hot day: The war takes place during a hot day.
– All Ice heroes have their attack reduced by 10 % and their special attacks have a 10 % chance to miss.
– All fire heroes have their critical strike chance and defense rating increased by 10 %.
- – ; + Cold day: The war takes place during a very cold day. ( naturally strong against )
- – ; + Mountain battle: The war takes place in the mountains (Or some other place which is cold and with little nature)
- – ; + Tropical forest battle
- – ; + Swamp battle
- – ; + Desert battle
- – ; + Holy land
- – ; + Unholy land
Or the buffs/debuffs could have effect on just one element, because coming up with good reasons why nature is at disadvanatage when fire is at advantage but ice is normal is hard Also the days should be replaced by a place as well. I wasdeveloping the idea as I was writing.
The buffs/debuffs could change depending on the natural relationship of the elements, so a different buff if the buffed element is naturally strong aganst the debuffed one. Or there could be a pack of small buffs and debuffs and one would randomly get picked.
These effects could be new set of war effects or there could be another war effect, although that might be a bit too much (or replace the originals? )
To have some examples of other buffing options:
- Defense decreased by 10 %
- Very small amount of damage every turn (poison)
- Chance to miss 10 %
- Attack increased by 10 %
- Very small heal every turn
- Reflect 10 % damage