Field Aid And Arrow Barrage

The Trauma Unit, is the right alliance!

That one player’s team overpowered everyone in my alliance. Come on, let’s be real!

Sure, I can do that!

Alone, I had to use all my flags to get the majority of the points for my alliance.

This is the name of my Alliance!

I’m the only player in our Alliance with the most power. Like I said, clearly there’s no strategy for a weak team such as mine that can compete with a team power of 3666!

Firstly you should check the War Score of both alliances, they should be quite the same.

And the war buff applies to defenders only, as stated in the rule

1 Like

Against stronger team, I usually use mono (5 heros in same color) and try to take out as much as possible, the next flag will be much easier.
I see you are new player, consider to join bigger alliance so that you may learn better how to play this game. Happy gaming

4 Likes

Yes, I’m a new player who also has his wife in his alliance! We have been playing this game since August 2019. Since then, we’re always matched up with stronger teams and better heroes. I have the patience for this game but most of the members in my alliance don’t. Some are losing interest based upon SG match making algorithms and I can understand why. However, SG shouldn’t base match making on titan scores, war scores or whatever. But rather average team power of a player’s best 5 heroes or something like that!

When it comes to mono team strategy, not everyone has 5 fully maxed level heroes.

1 Like

Whatever the war booster is, it only applies to the defending team. You’ll never see it because you can’t watch the other team attack your defense team. You deal with it when attacking the enemy, they deal with it when attacking you.

Exactly what they are doing now: base on top 30 heros and the past 10 wars performance, which result in your War Score.

2 Likes

In a war we require 6 teams or 30 heroes. So taking only 5 heroes into consideration is not a good idea. The current system is perfect. Just like everyone I would also suggest that you and your wife join a good training alliance, develop your rosters and then when you have gained enough knowledge and experience about the game you can start your own alliance. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Don’t mind loosing sometimes.

In the beginning matchmaking seems to be bad, but it isn’t. It works very good nowadays. All our wars are very close. Seldom more than 100 points difference and we have every type of players in ours from absolut beginners to very advanced.

Now the bad news. For weaker alliances arrows and field aid have a much bigger impact. I remember those days, where my team was struggling against arrows or almost dead had to witness the opponent was healed all the time.

Alliances with a few advanced players and many noobs will get matched to allies with all members in the middle of advanced and noob. Then you face a few non beatable and many weaker teams.

All in all it works well at least for full alliances. Maybe there are smaller issues with half filled allies or alliances with only a few members. I’ve never been in such.

2 Likes

I see…maybe I should opt out of alliance wars until I have a rainbow team or mono team of 5 fully maxed level heroes, my own suggestion. I have noticed that there’s no point in alliance wars for me! When it comes to competition, I like equality not disadvantage. SG doesn’t view it from that perspective!

A training alliance? I know she’s not going to go through with that! Now, when the members complain to me I can’t tell them what they should do because we’re all new and enjoy certain aspects of the game. The ladies in my alliance just want to play their way while the fellas wants to play with strategy and compete for spots in the charts!

There are only 5 members in our alliance

I think you may post if you THINK that’s the case…

Seeing as you’ve been told by 5+ people that it’s not the normal case, players who’ve been around since BEFORE wars began… And you’ve offered no proof to substantiate your claim and disprove what everyone is saying…

The burden of proof lies on the one making the claims not in those trying to disprove it.

Anyway, this seems to have morphed into a “matchmaking is not right” thread now.

@zephyr1, possible merge:
Alliance Wars Matchmaking (Discussion & Developer Response) MASTER

All 5 of you can go to an alliqnce that will take you all in. There you will get the help necessary to explain tonthemand you what you need to do early in wars as you build your teams. Check out the allaince recruitment threads and see if their is one that fits what you guys are looking for

It does seem to be heading that direction, though I’m unclear if the OP has adequately understood the core components of how War and Matchmaking work for a constructive discussion. Those basics may need to be addressed first, and a merge may just confuse matters more.

5 Likes