Field Aid And Arrow Barrage

When it comes to mono team strategy, not everyone has 5 fully maxed level heroes.

1 Like

Whatever the war booster is, it only applies to the defending team. You’ll never see it because you can’t watch the other team attack your defense team. You deal with it when attacking the enemy, they deal with it when attacking you.

Exactly what they are doing now: base on top 30 heros and the past 10 wars performance, which result in your War Score.

2 Likes

In a war we require 6 teams or 30 heroes. So taking only 5 heroes into consideration is not a good idea. The current system is perfect. Just like everyone I would also suggest that you and your wife join a good training alliance, develop your rosters and then when you have gained enough knowledge and experience about the game you can start your own alliance. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Don’t mind loosing sometimes.

In the beginning matchmaking seems to be bad, but it isn’t. It works very good nowadays. All our wars are very close. Seldom more than 100 points difference and we have every type of players in ours from absolut beginners to very advanced.

Now the bad news. For weaker alliances arrows and field aid have a much bigger impact. I remember those days, where my team was struggling against arrows or almost dead had to witness the opponent was healed all the time.

Alliances with a few advanced players and many noobs will get matched to allies with all members in the middle of advanced and noob. Then you face a few non beatable and many weaker teams.

All in all it works well at least for full alliances. Maybe there are smaller issues with half filled allies or alliances with only a few members. I’ve never been in such.

2 Likes

I see…maybe I should opt out of alliance wars until I have a rainbow team or mono team of 5 fully maxed level heroes, my own suggestion. I have noticed that there’s no point in alliance wars for me! When it comes to competition, I like equality not disadvantage. SG doesn’t view it from that perspective!

A training alliance? I know she’s not going to go through with that! Now, when the members complain to me I can’t tell them what they should do because we’re all new and enjoy certain aspects of the game. The ladies in my alliance just want to play their way while the fellas wants to play with strategy and compete for spots in the charts!

There are only 5 members in our alliance

I think you may post if you THINK that’s the case…

Seeing as you’ve been told by 5+ people that it’s not the normal case, players who’ve been around since BEFORE wars began… And you’ve offered no proof to substantiate your claim and disprove what everyone is saying…

The burden of proof lies on the one making the claims not in those trying to disprove it.

Anyway, this seems to have morphed into a “matchmaking is not right” thread now.

@zephyr1, possible merge:
Alliance Wars Matchmaking (Discussion & Developer Response) MASTER

All 5 of you can go to an alliqnce that will take you all in. There you will get the help necessary to explain tonthemand you what you need to do early in wars as you build your teams. Check out the allaince recruitment threads and see if their is one that fits what you guys are looking for

It does seem to be heading that direction, though I’m unclear if the OP has adequately understood the core components of how War and Matchmaking work for a constructive discussion. Those basics may need to be addressed first, and a merge may just confuse matters more.

5 Likes

I would honestly join a different alliance with your wife. Maybe all 5 of your members try find somewhere that has more players who don’t mind lower people that are still learning the ropes and building their roster.

Basically, piggy back off an Alliance who allows it until you are a stronger and more formidable force.
There are plenty of Alliances out there that’s sole purpose is to HELP and teach/train new users – don’t see this as you being inexperienced and don’t know HOW to play the game, you can see it more as I mentioned above: to be with a team that allows you to stay with them until you can grow your roster and have 50 amazing heroes.

Personally, I joined the first Alliance I saw lol. I just wanted to be part of an Alliance when I saw that option open up. Most of them were very low players as you have mentioned with yours but so was I. I think at this point my best Purple/Dark hero was still a Max Leyla!I Slowly I learned how to war > got defeated MANY MANY times with organized as stronger teams. But eventually i had a decent roster, I said “thanks and bye” and found a different one. I still had stuff to learn (strategies and working as a team - in the previous alliance it was non-existent).

All in all, try find a “training” Alliance, so you can piggy-back from their success and help you and who understands you and your wife are new with few heroes etc.
I thought I would never get a strong team, but now I since June 28th 2019, I have a “decent amount” of max heroes that are 4* (and have about 3 or 4 teams that if I distribute fairly/evenly, have about 3,000 Team Power each) and can hold my own in wars. I just took out in my current war a 3600 with a team of 2300 on mine!

The worst thing you can do is get frustrated at losing all the time… In my first Alliance, I won’t deny I did get angry a lot because most guys were not using any flags at all and we’d literally be 300 pts vs the enemy 2500 lol.

We have all been through this process and frustration and one day if you continue, you will be on the other end looking down at those ones losing and that are unorganized… laughing because you know what it feels like.

Live. Learn. Grow. Succeed.

4 Likes

I think poster has mixed up between offence and attacking And that’s why thinks attacking gets boost
@Elevation
The defender is your hostile enemy . He is on defence , regardless if it’s your turn and you are hitting him or it’s the defenders turn and they are hitting you .
In war the different boots apply to the defender only regardless if it’s there turn to hit or revive your hit .

I understand you and your alliance want to play own style , but you are best off joining an existing alliance that can teach you basics of game and once you have that core knowledge you can go back to being your own ally/ stay / join a higher ranked ally

1 Like

When they attack you, your defensive gets the boost my friend

All five can join us. Search kings of the stone age and join. We’ll help you grow if you want. I’m deadpool.

Hi Elevation, Randells50cal has given you a decent offer there. I’d also like to throw my hat into the ring to give you options if you’re considering an alliance move. All 5 are welcome here; search for Revengers Assemble in the alliance recruitment thread on the forums and see if we’re a match for you.

Just to give you a third option for an alliance…

The Aftermath would be happy to take all 5 of your alliance members. We are a family-friendly alliance with players at all levels – from people that started less than a month ago to me and a few others that are level 50+.

We really enjoy helping newer players grow into strong allies over time. Check out The Aftermath!

(Only rules… If you opt into war, use all 6 flags and try to hit every titan. Life gets in the way so we don’t worry if you miss one or two titans a week, but try to use at least 3 titan flags each day if you can!)

If you want you can join our alliance also would take you all and help you grow and learn check out the forgotten 1s

That makes no sense unless you are actually activating the field aid, attack boost or arrow barrage during play (the attacker used to be able to activate it but it only rains down destruction on yourself). It only is of benefit to the defense. There is no mechanism for it to help attackers.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.