šŸ° Ferant ā€“ 4* Fire / Red from Clash of Knights

Faced him a couple times in raids and he didnā€™t feel much easier, he will punish you if you donā€™t get a good board.

I donā€™t regret leveling the one I have but Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d do a second one.

The difference of 20% on his riposte doesnt seem like much, but it does make a difference on offense. Opponents used to almost be a certain death if they sniped him or certain AOE hitters. i used him extensively on offense before and afterā€¦many more heroes are alive now after they hit him. even if its with very low healthā€¦but that gives them the chance to be healed, etc that they never had before. The mana cut still works wellā€¦especially against minion teams. he is still very good. But his OP edge is gone. They had better not touch him again or he will be nothing more than a boril.

3 Likes

That screenshot just makes me so curious what is behind those black marks and why they are hiding! :smile:

1 Like

Oh! Lol nothing exciting, I just didnā€™t want to distract from the topic :smile: Iā€™ve since fed two of them awayā€¦

1 Like

So I just got Ferant, very excited even with the nerf. I noticed there isnā€™t another 4* wolf family member to active his family bonus skill. I donā€™t have a 5* wolf to team him up with.

Do ppl team him up with a 3* wolf or just forget the bonus skill and put in a stronger 4* hero?

2 Likes

Iā€™m lucky enough to have Wolfgang and Ludwig. I pair all 3 together it becomes a nightmare. The family bonus, especially for the wolves, is very strong.

EDIT: An above poster mentioned his riposte is weaker on offense, I agree. Heā€™s still worth leveling.

2 Likes

So jealous of your Ludwig, I pulled a dupe Wolfgang instead and unfortunately two of the same heroes doesnā€™t work for family bonus :joy:

It depends on the situation, but on occassion I have paired Ferant with the 3 star Wolf (Bertulf). Those are my only 2 wolves, but the family bonus can be worth it when facing dispellers, especially dispellers that dispel before hitting. Or if you face dispelling bosses in events. And btw it works even if Bertulf is dead :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I went full health but It look a bit fragile, Is It worth limit break after the nerf ?

His stats werenā€™t touched so heā€™s still tough to kill for a 4*

3 Likes

Figured Iā€™d toss mine up since itā€™s a bit different, over 1900HP is pretty insane. Is he still worth it, yeah, especially if you didnā€™t use him before the nerf. My biggest issue is that his counterattack no longer insta kills snipers. If ferant got sniped before the nerf, the enemy just smoked itself out of existence. That doesnā€™t really happen at all anymore. So when I saw Azmia Iā€™m like, sheā€™s a perfect replacement for ferant on my roster. Then they nerfed her too. Anyway, I think heā€™s worth it especially if you can pair him with other wolves. Heā€™s still hard to kill and still annoying, but not nearly as strong as he used to be.

4 Likes

Thank you guys i m gobba LB him and think iā€™ll do the same with azmia.

Do you guys think there will be a second round of nerf for ferant? Want to level mine but kinda scared

I would be surprised - I donā€™t think there is a lot of history for second nerf - rounds? Then again never say never. I canā€™t imagine it would leave him useless though - heā€™s still very good. :four_leaf_clover: Congratulations :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I really doubt a second round happens. I seem to recall in the last balance update they gave Ferent as proof minor adjustments work. If he is a positive example used by them I assume he is relatively ā€œsafeā€ now.

That being said Buddy was safe for years until a new family member caused him to get nerfed. Safe is relative with any non-S1 I guess.

:beers:

1 Like

just pulled him today, read through this thread - thanks all for the opinions and tips. good to see heā€™s still a good hero!

3 Likes

He is great on defense. I may be alone in this, but on offense I tend to prefer costume Elena (I think you have her). He does come on offense some times. He is on my epic team for CoK currently.

Good luck and great summon!

:beers:

1 Like

Sadly I only have normal Elena :frowning: but I am gonna try Ferant out in place of Elena, letā€™s see how much of a diff the faster speed and mana cut will make. Thanks for the tips re defense, will also try him out in some tourneys :wink:

It depends on what other Reds you have of course, but Ferant with the 4% mana node only needs a level 11 mana troop or level 5 magic troop to charge in 9 tiles. I have other damage dealers so can afford to bring him and a healer

For wars, I switch between him and Mitsuko on my mono Red team depending on who the opposing Blue hero is

1 Like