Feels like I'm reaching my limit, closing in on a burnout/quit. Wall of text inside, what would you do?

47ctn5

11 Likes

Your story made me think of what I just read here: (Guide) I created 7dd a few years ago. Here's how we went from Nothing to #1 - #3 by Avicious
I don’t want to simplify your struggle, but apparently it can happen to the best. Maybe just try to take a small brake? Then return to a less demanding alliance and see if the game still has what it takes to make you wanna go on.

The first thing that stood out to me is that you’ve actually drawn 4* seasonal heroes!

I don’t think there’s much that can be done about the alliance problem. It seems each alliance has some drama at some point. It’s too bad that when some departures happen, there’s additional people using it as cover to leave who apparently weren’t feeling it. Then it’s a chore to rebuild. But eventually you might meet a lot of stable people, or players who know lots of people.

I’m in agreement with @Lesa and have gone even further, creating my own little alliance with just my alt and I. A friend joined us and I sat my alt out of wars and have been really enjoying my progress without feeling like I had to reach a certain point by a given time. I can always leave my alt yo mind the store and go on walkabouts if I get the urge for more. I’ve recently joined some friend to bag bigger titans for PoV but expect that I’ll return to my little home after a bit. There is freedom in this while still competing, but with myself now as opposed to others.

Best of luck!

4 Likes

No definitely not the only one :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah those hung up between 2 and 3 are the ones who feel the most frustration. I feel for you, I really do.

1 Like

What I would do if I were you would be :

1. Assess the value you give to this game. Does it bring you enough enjoyment? Is it worth being a priority in your life? (I realize that a lot of people play this game because they’re unhappy in real life and escape their trouble in E&P. Those are likely to develop a gambling habit as well)

2. Which leads me to #2 : Evaluate if it is healthy for you and people that are close to you to keep playing the game? Is it something positive for you at the end of the day? Does it harm your family, your life outside the game? Do you make sacrifices for the game?

3. Define what you want and need from the game. How important is it for you to complete every chest/quest/season/PoV challenges? Would it be so bad if sometimes you just passed on some of those? As stated before, no shame in becoming more casual, or even logging out for a few days as long as you’re honest with the guys in your alliance. Do you really need to dominate everybody, beat everybody, win all the time, get all the best heroes? If you do need that, the game is built in a way that you’ll never be 100% satisfied. It’s really about running in a circle (or a spiral maybe) in the end.

You stated your situation. If you ask the question “should I quit”, isn’t that because in a way you already know the answer and you want us to confirm it ? I hope you find a solution to be relaxed (not burnt out) whether it results in becoming a little more casual in your playing or simply quitting.

4 Likes

Take a week off. See how you feel.

Still feeling it? Then take another week off.

Play it by ear and if a point comes when you are refreshed then start again.

This is a game. It’s job is to be a distraction from real life…not be a distraction to real life

3 Likes

Thanks for your post … because I feel like I’ve been hitting that wall also (and timing wise it was similar to yours.)

Like you, I like raiding and war.

War… I made the right choice in an alliance with the right balance in culture … so I have no complaints there.

Raiding… I feel you.

• I hit global #1 during peak Telluria Time period (before nerf)
  • [note: I also have Tell and was one of the first to set up a Vela/Tell/Freya defense as soon as she came out… not knowing that everyone else would follow suit on he vela x tell combo]

My counter to boring Raid situation > for awhile now I’ve been using a 3* defense which means I wildly fluctuate From day to day… dropping from diamond to low platinum overnight. So the next day, I get to start with using my four star heroes and facing a bigger variety of heroes in raids before I start hitting diamond again. To a degree, this made raiding less boring since I don’t have to face the exact same defense setup we face at high diamond.

Hero Summons…

• I agree with a lot of veterans (from F2P to P2W) on ideas that can improve this system which is obviously unbalanced and diminishes QoL.
  • I shifted my perspective to not chase 5* and just focus on gathering a deeper roster of four stars for war and tournaments.
  • note this got me through 5 months of summons… but I am hitting a new wall because>

SGG releases more than 2x five stars than four stars. At last estimation … there are more than 160 five stars vs about 80 four star heroes

So my shift towards Summoning for a deeper roster Four stars is a temporary bandaid in QoL. (If SGG could release four star HoTMs instead of making it a five star arms race that would help alleviate that wall).

Tournaments

• I wish they would reduce frequency of five star tourneys and increase 3/4s… to encourage use of deeper rosters.
  • but this part of the game could help make our QoL better if and when they keep improving it
5 Likes

I have been playing this game for 27 months.
The only reason that I still play because of friends in the alliance and I feel responsibility in it…

My decision was right to be C2P all of this time and became completely F2P just last week.

I stay in the game to tell new comers (especially from my fellow country where English is not the mother tongue or official language) to beware of consequences they may make in every aspects so at least they will never become broke and have a family problem in real life.

I stay for relationship, not for SG or Zynga profit.

2 Likes

RE: Alliances;

There are all kinds of different alliances. Few of which are “perfect” for any particular player’s desires.
For example… (I’ll list these in a meme format)…

47d46s

47d4cj

And all sorts of variations in between. :grin:

20 Likes

I generally visit Zombie alliance to find so called “try hard” players trapped…

And persuade them to move somewhere else… Especially the ones that are from my country…

2 Likes

My own alliance is a smallish hybrid of family / training / casual. :smile:

Back when we did alliance wars, we’d come across several “full” alliances of 30 members, and less than half were actually active. I always wondered why the active ones didn’t just split off to join a more active group, especially in the cases where they were all just listed as regular members, and their alliance message still read, “5+ days inactive with no excuse = kick”… meanwhile, their own leaders and co-leaders hadn’t been online in 200+ days… :laughing:

If you’re not havin fun with the game,

Quit.

Can always come back. Or not. But steppin away for a bit wont hurt anyone.

4 Likes

Because members and elders cannot demote the leader and co-leader…

So the inactive ones can stay zombie in the alliance… hahaha

1 Like

I know! That’s why I wish I could send them a message to say “you guys could probably be doing so much better if you just split off and formed your own alliance!”

1 Like

I’d go with cheeseburger 11 times out of 10.

Maybe if I decide to quit. Because Aife is the only hero with special license to eat all of your fully maxed 5*

2 Likes

Hope you’re able to find your fun again… and if not in this game, from something else.

It’s easy to let the frustrations take over. Bad boards. Unfair war match ups. Sea of GTV teams. Those seem to be the common complaints I read about both on the forum and in line chats.

We have to make it a point to celebrate the small victories instead of always expecting the big ones. Easier said than done and some day I’ll learn how to follow my own advice. Lol

Take care and happy gaming. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think we need a Karen Alliance where she threatens to complain to the Management when a bad war board happens :joy: :joy:

9 Likes

There’s been a lot of good replies to your predicament.

There’s a potential problem in the TP match up for alliance wars to be aware of.

It’s becoming apparent that the fewer members in an alliance there’s a possibility of a mismatch (as I understand it the matchmaking algorithm is only really optimised for full alliance matchups).

3 Likes