Feeding Heroes: One at a Time vs. Ten at Once

Nothing is confirmed without proof

My guess is that 5 feeders would be the best compromise between high probability per attempt (1x 10 feeders) and opportunities for multiple levels per leveling session (10x 1 feeder). I haven’t crunched the numbers on that, though.

2 Likes

Math wise it is better to have 10 time 2% chance than 1 time 20% chance.
Marginal better I agree, but still better.

The research has been done, and the results are now being submitted for peer review. It is easy to simply dismiss any claim, but those elegant naysayers fall on deaf ears because that have not reviewed the claims themselves. To explain in more details I will provide a description of the research. The goal was to find a way to feed 3 star heros that would successfully increase their special skill. The application of this goal was to feed 4 star heros and have them 8/8 by tier 3 max, and 5 star heros 8/8 by tier 2 max. These tiers do not require the rare ascension items and can easily be obtained. Having a 4 and 5 star with a special skill 8/8 provides the "“FLEDGLING” player the best advantage when using those heros as he/she waits to collect the rare ascension items needed for the final ascension. The logic was “if it works for 3 star heros it will work for 4 and 5 star heros.” The research began looking at why 10x feeding frequently failed to achieve 8/8 by tier 3 max. It was determined that while 10x does give the “best odds” it also provides the least amount of feeding opportunities. Therefore when feeding 10x the feeding must always follow the probability calculations in order to achieve the goal. This is unrealistic to expect. Another curiosity noticed was the feeding bar itself has no digits lower than the ones place. This means anytime the feeding occurs and the amount of XP acquired calculates to a 0.9, 0.8, 0.7, 0.6. The number will be rounded to a whole number. The research then began looking for a “happy medium” between probability of success with enough feeding attempts so the feeding schedule did not always have to be perfect. Initially 5x was looked at which has a 0.90 probability of success. This did not always work, interestingly it did not double the feeding attempts from 10x. Feeding 7x had the closest to 10x which was 0.98 but it too had the same problems encountered with 10x which was 1) Space and 2) Too much XP resulting in too few feeding attempts. 6x feeding has a 0.96 probability of success. All these numbers come from tier 1 feeding of a 3star hero. The probability of the special skill increasing once with the amount of feeding attempts. Tier 2 and tier 3 probability are even closer to 10x. The determination being that the difference between 10x and 6x lies in the 0.01 (thousandth) place. To say that 10x is better is saying that the digit in the thousandth place is important. While a human might think so, the computer does not and that number is rounded up to a whole number giving you the same probability as 10x with enough feeding attempts to overcome reality. Since arriving at this conclusion I have fed many 4 stars, and the few 5 star heros I posses in this manner. 100% success all 4 star heros were 8/8 by tier 3 max and all 5 star heros were 8/8 by tier 2 max. I therefore am sharing these findings with everyone and opening the results to peer review. Again Happy Feeding.

10 gives the best probability, but the hero XP advances too fast. 1 gives the most feedings, but the lowest chance of success. Feeding 1 at a time gives a 0.88 chance of success

What you say is completely false and shows that you understand nothing about statistics.

10X is always better. It’s a fact.

Try it, you just might find I am right

10 at a time is only better if you need the special to go up 1 time. If the special can increase multiple times still then 1 or 6 or 10 at a time doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Guys this is not how statistic work.

1 time 50% is way better then 2 times 25%.

Two times 25% is 43,75%.

I won’t go into a detailed explanation but you need some statistics 101

2 Likes

For the chance of 1 special increase yes

No, if you level up 10 times separately, you have 10 times 2% to increase the special skill, which gives you 18,3% chance to increase your special

If you level up one time with 10 heroes you have 20% chance to increase special.

20% chance is higher then 18,3%.

These are facts, just like gravity, it’s not an opinion, this is how it works

3 Likes

Although I do see that you have tried to approach this with a scientific perspective, I do feel that your research rests upon two assumptions that might be wrong. 1) Each level of a 3* vs 4* vs 5* card requires the same “exp.” 2) Even if each level does require the same exp the “true level” of each card is different.

True levels:
3* @ 3/50 = 30+40+50 = 120 levels
4* @ 3/60 = 40+50+60 = 150 levels
5* @ 2/60 = 50+60 = 110 levels

Furthermore there is has already been research on these levels and exp required although some of it might be outdated you get the gist. Thanks to @Gryphonknight and @MuaaDip. I also saw some research that calculated that 1* same color 1 at a time is the best way because although the chance of increasing a special doesn’t increase you DECREASE your chances of not maxing the special. That’s the method I personally use.

EDIT: The post Kamikaze posted was the one I saw.

1 Like

Again you are not accounting for those times you get 2 or 3 or 4 special increases feeding them 1 at a time.

1 Like

Is this all necessary? 4* and 5* heroes take a long time to max for most.
Just power feed them with multi colors and keep 10x of the same color (1* an 2*) to feed in order to max the skill %. Usually by tier 2 or 3 it would have maxed the skill 8/8 already.

May not apply to 3* heroes.

1 Like

Thanks for the opinions…I will say this and leave it at this…1) I posted this information because I have had 100% success, and I mean 100% success of having 4 star heros 8/8 by tier 3 max…100% of having 5 star heros special skill 8/8 by tier 2 max… 3 star heros max quickly most often they were 8/8, but sometimes they were 7/8 they never finished lower than 7/8…(Which supports the importance of frequency of attempt) Process that for a minute. Special Skill 8/8 by a deadline…100% success…
FYI by peer review I meant try this and see if you get the same results, not throw empty meaningless words. Seriously nobody is stopping you from sharing your opinion, but unless you actually physically attempt to try it, can you really say you know what you are talking about? This was not just completed, this has been going on for months. I have had 3 people thank me for sharing this informations with them and personally tell me their results were the same. I have had 2 alliance leaders tell me they give this advice to their current members and all new members and they too have validated my results. I did not write this because it is an opinion. It has been validated and confirmed on a small scale already. I do think it is ready to be validated on a large scale, and that is why I posted this information. Everyone is allowed to play the game as they want, you may choose to try this feeding method, or you may choose not to try this feeding method, it does not impact me either way. I know the results and I know why the results happen. Happy Feeding

"Guys this is not how statistic work.
1 time 50% is way better then 2 times 25%.
Two times 25% is 43,75%.
I won’t go into a detailed explanation but you need some statistics 101"
True, but incomplete information.

The missing 6.25% are when we get upgraded to 2 levels.
50% = up 1 level.
25%*25% = 0.0625 = up 2 levels!

Because the special ability levels are capped at 8. There is a some wastage yes. It is insanely minimal like 1% or so. However, since we would miss out on low ranked heroes if we needed to focus on 10 at a time. Which is minimal as well.

Same = Same!

Hey @ScndStar. I thought I’d come in. The math is sound. However, I have a hero that is still in first tier. I the ten cards at her, with around 50% odds of skill increase to no avail. Out of frustration after doing that twice, I fed her one card (2% probability) and she received a skill increase. :smile:
Odds are strange… I watched a video lecture on odds from a professor at University. She posited the following :

The odds of a coin landing on heads or trails is 50%. If you flip the coin five times, and it lands on heads each one, your odds that it will be fails next time are still 50%. Furthermore, even if you flip the coin, and it lands on heads a 999 times, your odds on the thousandth this are still 50%. However, you’d be a fool to think it would land on anything other than heads…

Just thought I’d share… :smile: Tell your friend thanks for doing the math so we didn’t have to. :slight_smile:

Brian

Hey Zephyr1. I appreciate your info. This morning - I received a 1* Brand (I think) and tried to ascend Valen AND IT WORKED! I appreciate both of you helping. Now I can get Val on the grid. Have a great day :grin::wink:.

1 Like