Feeding Heroes: One at a Time vs. Ten at Once

Fair enough. Thanks. Yes, the calculator played with me - it’s 18.3% The original calculation was correct then.
So, for 1* same color it’s 20% versus 18.3%
and for 2* same color it’s 40% versus 33.52%
Sorry for a confusion.

1 Like

Hi @Rook … question for you since you’re describing a situation I am in with Bane. :frowning:

He is at 6/8 special, and is 3*/49 right now. I’ve tried feeding 10 at a time, 1 at a time (all yellows) and the most I could get him to is 6/8 special. I even threw in a red one star to see if that made a difference.

My question is, once he is fully maxed at 3*/50 can I keep feeding him to see if his special improves? Or is it a done deal and he will be stuck at 6/8 special forever (so I shouldn’t waste feeding him any more)?

I’m not Rook, but have a similar hero. Yes, you can keep feeding it.

1 Like

Feed your maxed Bane one 1* yellow at a time to minimize the cost.

4 Likes

Thanks! - I was hoping there was a chance. :slight_smile:

I will keep going 1 at a time yellow only. He’s only 1- 1* from his level 50 max right now. Guess I will go ahead and pull that trigger (maybe he’ll hit 7/8? Lol). And then feed him periodically.

This is wrong.

Chance is (0.98)^10= 0.817072806887548.

My calculator rounded last different from yours, but I agree.

Additional, this is chance to get ZERO increase, it does not include the chance to get 1 to 8 increases.

There are several posts about this

Edit:

Mine so stubbornly refused to level above 3/8 that I actually restarted a new one (which went to 8/8). Choice is yours.

I’d be happy with 7/8 in that case! :wink:

Yeah - I would do that if I had a 2nd Bane … :confused: :frowning:

My Bane is now stubbornly sitting at 6/8 maxed. Feeding a few 1* yellows did nothing. Sigh.

This makes me worried now for all of the rest of my 3*s …

Oh, really?!? Your response is mere 15 hours behind Sidhekin’s one! :wink:

( totally deadpan) But his is 0.817072806887547 and mine is 0.817072806887548

obviously Big Calc is messing with both of us.

My personal experience is that all of the heroes I’ve leveled with 10 heroes have had level 8 skill before finishing the third ascension…whereas my Bane(as a literal example) was only at 6 skill after maxing him out.

ALL of my heroes are max skill WAAAY before they come anywhere near close to being used on a team using the 10 at once method.

1 Like

Sorry, Ichigo, I haven’t been on in a while, obv.

Yes, it was one Isshtak I fed to Isshtak along with a number of lesser greens, totalling a 52% chance, which didn’t pan out.

I now have two extra Valens and am waiting for two more, so that 100% chance thing can happen. :smile:
(Prisca is already at 8/8, so I can feed her 1* until she’s maxed – whew).

EDIT: Last night (28d later), I fed three Isshtaks and a number of others to him, totalling a 93% chance, and no dice. That was an expensive lesson, so here’s me using it to forewarn others…

1 Like

if I am private I will not feed 4 valen at once but I will give them one by one. Why? because if I give food at the same time the chance to ride my skill is only one time, but if I feed one by one, my skill will increase by 2 or if I’m lucky 3, this applies if our hero skill is still 5 or 6. But if it’s 7 it doesn’t matter feed 4 at a time. but I still won’t use that method hahahaha …
But after all the players have their own way.
Many people suggest feeding 10 at the same time and the same color, but I always use my method, only feed 5 same color cards to all my heroes and all successful skills 8 in tier 3

Seriously lucky! :slight_smile:

Long story short, they are the exact same on average given an infinite number of upgrades. The problem is that 1 at a time is far more variable. The chance to hit max level without 8 skill is higher, as is the chance to get it early. But getting it early doesn’t really help much so it’s just a negative overall.

2 Likes

Here is what I noticed with feeding heroes 1 at a time.

Ulmer from lvl 1 to lvl 34 2nd ascension - right now the skill is 6/8. Gonna get 7/8 on next ascension, so looking good.

Berden is 7/8 on max lvl. Don’t really wanna waste feeders to get him 8/8 since I have little john to level up.

Bane is lvl 44 on 3rd ascension - refuses to go past 6/8. Fed him over 100 heroes since he got 6/8 and the skill won’t go higher.

My Balthazar was 5/8 on max lvl. Needed like 70 heroes to get 6/8.

Got my Azar, Prisca, Nashgar and Hawkmoon to 8/8 easily at around lvl 30 on 3rd ascension.

It seems like some heroes level skill faster, others don’t.
All these results are from feeding 1 at a time 1 or 2 stars, same color.

1 Like

Odds aren’t guarantees =) One at a time gives you the best odds, but it is still random. Every 3* is going to be a different experience.

Feeding only 5 cards same colour :cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:
mission accomplished :yum:

2 Likes

You only need three duplicate, along with 6 2* and 1 1* of the same color to guarantee a skill increase.

3 * 25% = 75% +
6 * 4% = 24% +
1 * 2% = 2% =
total 101% (it will read 100%)

3 Likes

I’d still rather have the skill maxed out WAY before the hero hits max level than have the possibility of needing to use duplicates or more cards afterward.

I understand the math and the odds, but using 10 at a time has guaranteed hitting max skill way before getting anywhere near max hero level in every instance for me.

I don’t even want to risk not having max skill on my 4 and 5 stars.

1 Like