February 2022 : Winter Family's Balance Update - Follow up!

I sat my pengi for that exact reason. I don’t want to add to the prevalence.

We already have a thread for this discussion: February 2022 : Winter Family's Balance Update - Follow up!

6 Likes

Another smoke screen. Thx for putting me on the back burner, again…

“Gave Skadi away for the price of 20 dupes…”. LOL, if that’s giving away what’s your definition of payment for? 20 5* heroes is a LOT.

The Chinese heroes just released are serious counters to the Xmas team (and specifically C Krampus). Why didn’t you wait until these heroes released SG before nerfing the S out of C Krampus? Minion heavy teams are dying…you should have just let it happen naturally.

1 Like

I am in no way supporting nerfs but rather proper beta testing with Sg being honest about their future plans along.

But saying like these chinese heroes would take care of xmas heroes naturally is a bit off to me…

Its not like most will get any 5* chinese hero :slight_smile: It will only happen naturally for top 1000 spenders…

1 Like

I see these 5* heroes of Wo3K add to Pengi’s power with their minions & over that, these heroes have Fiends as special gifts to the opposition.

Debuffing Krampus is possible to deal with in many ways… both pre & post nerf…BUT, what to do with the Pengi’s BoM = barrage of missiles !

Post Krampus nerf, my results are still high wins with CK + Pengi + Bera combo… & if opposition has minion maker / Pengi, then I take LoLo along for increasing their pain Thru double Pengi BoM !

With pengi… I usually avoid sending tiles into him unless it specifically charges one of my heroes. You can use bera to prevent minions from happening before hand… you can use grimble or costume gormek (gobbler too though I understand why most don’t want to emblem and limit break him) to remove minions, you can use Mitsuko to kill pengi… Mitsuko became invaluable when Vela was in her prime…

You could also run an all sniper team and take out pengi with 2 good snipes (depending on who and if pengi is emblemed and limit broken).

Not to go there… but this reminds me very much of the phrase from the 9/11 commission… a failure of imagination. There are way to counter him… you just gotta implement a plan and hope a decent board helps you out along the way.

Well, my solution is simple, I usually take Bera - Pengi- Lolo - a cleansing healer + C.Krampus / Gazelle / LudwiG

• Most times I win… unless RNG decides another plan.
  • Many times, I fire my Pengi & then let LoLo copy opposite Pengi = instant WiN !

There you go = one of my multiple anti-Pengi imaginations …

My point was a general one… for many players that don’t have my kind of team combo.