[Feb 27, 2019] Trials of Mysticism Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

Smooth. Proteus is a total stud.

1 Like

These were my team and items… I had to use 75gems one time to continue. Was experiencing very bad board whole time and did not want to start all over again.

I have thoth-amun 1^1. I will max him someday but i’m giving my sorcerer emblems to Chesire.

1 Like

Aint gana be able to do last one with this team, bummer though it would give me just enough tokens for Sabina

People defending this game like hell, saying theres no such thing as bad boards, but from my perspective things are just bad; i’ve almost lost in stage 2 because i didnt had any useful tiles, i was sitting there just trying to escape that situation but ish was just bad. And the thing i’ve observed since these trials came out is that you kinda start with an average/good board but as you advance to the boss level its just get bad. I did the second level basically without a combo, i aint even gonna try the last one…

Yes, exactly! When fighting events and rare quests etc. Minions before bosses are having hard time coz nice combos and right color tiles… but when bosses arrive the board goes dead. No combos, no diamonds… it’s just horrible to deal with.

I’m stuck using two Kiril, two proteus and a kashrek. It works but it’s slow.

2 Likes

@zephyr1, you said you’re going to give emblems to Thoth and I see he’s nearing his final ascension. I pulled him out of the last Atlantis portal, so he’s sitting at 1.1, and I’m uncertain about what I’m going to do with him. I’ve read many many threads on him in the the past few weeks - haven’t been this confused since Aegir - and ultimately I’m going to see if he gets ‘rebalanced’ in V20 before making a decision, but I’d be interested to hear your take on him. How do you find him? What roles is he playing for you right now? What Sorcerer options on your roster are you favoring him over (in terms of a home for emblems)?

Thoth-Amun is obviously not as high powered as new generation HOTM, but for my quantity of Summoning it would be silly not to make use of him.

As I said about him elsewhere:

I also think he’s well-suited to be a Sorcerer.

I intend him to help on Defense to quickly delay progress of an attacker with his fast mana, self-managed HP via Minions, and Sorcerer’s Delay Talent.

As @Kerridoc noted, his Minions make for a vast increase in potential proc rates for Delay:

And Thoth-Amun’s Minions aren’t as flimsy as most Minion Makers

They get a beefy inherited 20% HP and 15% attack.

With a Talent Grid build focused on those two stats, plus likely a Crit Troop to further boost HP while augmenting attack and defense, I think he’ll make a decent tank.

@King_Kyree77 is Smart and Inspiring

I’m just going to quote this whole thing, as it notably influenced my thoughts on Thoth-Amun:

What’s Thoth up to?

Right now I use him on attack for War, newly in Class Trials, and on my farming team.

But as above, he’s heading to Defense too…eventually.

I don’t yet use him raiding, because he needs the stat boosts from leveling first. But I likely will when he’s farther along.

But what about that other Sorcerer?

The only other Sorcerer I have to consider at all is Sabina.

I wrote about that choice here:

(context in this post: 5* Sorcerer - who you gonna give them emblems to? - #13 by zephyr1)

5 Likes

haha, thank you for the thorough and excellent response. Funnily, I read all of those threads in my Thoth research. I am well aware of StaceyTurner’s liking of Thoth and Kerridoc’s regret at giving him Tabards.

1 Like

I swapped in Onatel for Guinevere. What a huge difference, for the good! Mana control over all three bosses is a great help. You can tag-team with Proteus if you time things tightly: get Proteus’s special going, then with two rounds remaining, cast Onatel. That gives two rounds where the bosses can get mana, but nearly all of that goes back to Onatel. Repeat as necessary.

4 Likes

Forgot to make a screenshot, as always. So text form it is then:

Proteus 4-70+6
Kiril 4-70
Morgan Le Fay 3-70
Skittleskull 4-70+2
Isarnia 3-34

It was very easy with this team, using a few small mana pots here and there. Isarnia died in one of the mob stages, after I got tired of saving her. The other 4 were easily enough to kill the bosses.

2 Likes

The previous Trial of Mysticism had me in a pinch because I had no healers I felt comfortable bringing (e.g. too lower leveled). This time a bit better prepped, but still doing this with the only maxed character being 3*.

3^41 Quintus
3^44 Sabina
4^26 Kashhrek
3^50 Jahangir
4^30 Isarnia

So during the previous ToM, Sabina was at 1^1 and so I had Balthazar with me. Having a group healer really help calm the nerves a bit. They say the most dedicated of doctors often times ignore their own health at the benefit of healing others. While Sabina is not quite the case as she does heal herself, I still placed her next to the Lizard Chieftain, opposite of Jahangir, who is really along for the ride, I could’ve brought in Chochin for extra purple damage, but if the board decides to be red friendly, at least there is some way I could do red tile damage, and not weakened purple damage to Quintus and Balthazar.

The enemy mob exclusively tried to target the Jahangir, I brought antidotes instead of potions on the off chance that I let Ulmer fire off his special, so when Jahangir is seeing red (no pun intended), I gave the small antidote, sure there is no healing advantage on the antidote, but at least it tied him over until I was able to get the mana charged for Kashhrek and Sabina.

Once again, Quintus did his worst not trying to stop his runaway Golems but instead joining them in their madness.

Ulmer did manage to fire off his special twice because I was really targeting him with some of my green tiles. But antidote negated his debuff and I was able to get Kashhrek and Sabina to keep up the party health. Ultimately, I did pop in a timestop just as Balthazar and Quintus were about to zap me, again, having whole group healer such as Sabina ready to go at the ready helps tremendously.

2 Likes

First try fail.
Quintus killed me.

Sadly I got no Dragons…

But I had em almost down.
I’ll try again later.

3 Likes

Went with Sartana, proteus, zeline, onatel and kiril.

Was able to mana control the bosses on the last stage and only need a couple 500 health potions.

2 Likes

Onatel 3-34
Guinevere 3-70
Kashhrek 4-50
Proteus 4-15
Cheshire Cat 3-33

It took two Dragon Attacks and two Bomb Attacks to vanquish the last bosses. My team lacks offensive specials (Bizarrely, Onatel was my best offensive weapon), so I struggled a little, despite having a 3200 team.

2 Likes

Completed lvl 2
Power 2125
Balthazar 3/50
Ulmer 3/50
Shaarkot 3/40
Nash 3/40
Graymane 3/15

Pretty easy. Used 1 bombs & 5 axes to finish them off. Used all small healing 20/20, brought small mana but didn’t use. Have now completed 1st 2 levels of every trail with teams ranging from Power 1674-2183.

2 Likes

Horrific is what I’ll say. 3 maxed healers and two stragglers who died before boss wave meant it was slow slugfest with tiles.

Quintus does about 500 dmg on my hero (no buff) and 250 ish when I got kiril special active so it was pretty smooth once ulmer went down. Think I’ll just take dragon attack next time. I’ve no way of improving my current team (other blues have priority over isarnia).

2 Likes

My alt account had a very easy time with this one, easier than my main, and used no max 5 stars.

Kiril, Proteus, Proteus, Kashrek, 3/70 Zeline

Alternating Proteus, I think they each got 1 special off when the board lost all purples.

2 Likes

Second try the board was on my side.

Didn’t need many items.

Dedicated hero: Proteus :sunglasses:

Bosses never used their specials…

Got two feeders as well.

1 Like

Last time vs. this time… everyone grew up to varying degrees. I made a decent effort to get Proteus maxed and he hit 70 literally minutes before the Challenge and I dumped a bunch of Emblems on top of him. This was my first real time using him.

Ulmer may have gotten off one Special, I don’t remember for sure, but that was it at most. I used one Dragon to kick things off but other than that the board was pretty good and Proteus kept the Bosses in check.

2 Likes