[Feb 24, 2019] Trials of Fortitude Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

I noticed during this round that the bosses seemed to use talents more often than last. Your comment about unlocking the next talent upgrade makes me wonder if the bosses will be evolving a bit too. But, thinking about it more it sounds ridiculous

Last Trial was Strength, which is Fighters and Barbarians. Their Talents max out at 30% proc rates.

This Trial, Druids max out at 18% proc rates — but Clerics max out at 35%.

So if you saw Manashield firing more often, that wouldn’t be surprising, since the percentage is a bit higher.

Otherwise I suspect it’s function of frequency of possible triggers.

Fighters have a pretty high chance of Revive…but only when they die. That doesn’t happen super often.

By comparison, Druids have quite a low chance of spawning a Thorn Minion — but it’s any time they receive damage. That happens nearly every turn.

So I suspect it’s a function of the particular Classes and Talents.

I meant the last trials of fortitude. I don’t remember seeing so many thorns spawned during the boss fights. But, i guess it could be the dice just rolled for it more this time around

1 Like

It could definitely be the random factor then.

It could also be that you damaged the Druids more times, e.g. if you were throwing more tiles this time than last.

It was just an interesting theory. Makes me wonder what the boss hero cards would look like. Where are they on the talent grid, which talent path they followed? How is this different in each of the levels, easy through advanced?
I could have hit them with more tiles, but in general, my goal in levels is to use no items. They can be too much of a crutch to rely on. My Zim was only 3/70 last time, now she is nearly maxed. So, i was hitting harder this time?

1 Like

Probably, but the Druid proc is based on any damage, not amount…so that still wouldn’t explain it. :man_shrugging:

Those are all good questions. But we also know the boss stats don’t even vaguely match the real heroes. So it’s probably more that the game designers just picked what they would be.

It would still be cool to see the “boss cards.” I’m getting way off topic, but my D&D dm team spoiled us on all the extras…

I just said that because it just meant less tiles were thrown at them because they were more powerful than last time. Darn dice…

1 Like

Unfortunately I think the only thing you can see is the specials info and stats that show when you tap and hold on them. But that doesn’t really explain “why” they have those stats, e.g. from the Talent Grid.

1 Like

Nailed it

3 Likes

U finished third stage? I have very similar team cept my Zim is now 2/17.

1 Like

I finished it…with bombs, axes, revive scrolls, and arrows. It was not pretty, nor was it a quick death for anyone but Melia…a few times.

1 Like

Ok great job!. I’ve been lvling Zim all day, from 1/31 to 2/17 now. Will try in an hour, hopefully I’ll get by too.

2 Likes

Just keep Caed alive!

2 Likes

Would be nice, if there were trials with changing talent combinations and not always the same 2 combined.

1 Like

Finished, had to use axes bombs and a couple of dragon attacks. Viv kept healing back up to 800 health, ghosted some tiles, then combined Melia, Zim and Caedmon together to finally finish her.

2 Likes

I’m starting to see Talents a lot more often in Raids and War in various combinations…

But it will be interesting if they eventually add more Trials.

2 Likes

Certainly meant different or even more class combinations. Then you would have to use many different teams, too.

1 Like

I wonder if we might see class-restricted Weekly Raids at some point too.

2 Likes

Another nice addition could be a pro trial. All classes allowed and 5 heroic bosses from different classes.

That could be fun for having the bosses with Talents, but I feel like the interesting thing about the Class Trials to me is the limitations. If I can choose any heroes I want, it’s pretty much like all the rest of the game.

The place I think that will show up in a small way, though, is Seasonal Events, if the bosses their have their Talents. I’ve heard they did in beta for Christmas, but I don’t know if that’s intended to happen in the long run, or if it was just an experiment.

I’d like to see different mixing and matching of Classes, though. And it could be interesting to have bosses of one set of classes, and only allow heroes from a different set.

1 Like