[Feb 24, 2019] Trials of Fortitude Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

4 ladies and a panda. Passed the 1st 2 levels with:

Power 2011
Kailani 3/31
Belith 3/11
Hawkmoon 3/19
Jenneh 3/40
Sha Ji 3/32

Pretty easy, but I accidentally brought arrows instead of bombs. Belith and axes proved enough to keep Brienne’s attack boost under control.

1 Like

I droped a couple of dragons and used some smallest healing pots at one risky moment when Vivica avoided both Hansels in row, however I think that with better luck I may have done it without items as well. To my experience, this may be the hardest of all trials.

1 Like

I agree, it seems to be quite difficult for most players to assemble a team of Clerics and Druids that can take out Vivica efficiently, and not need at least some battle items.

Managed to clear all three levels with this team with a TP of just 2764. Note Zim and Elk are totally unlevelled at 1/1.
Wasn’t confident of the last level, but managed to get to the bosses intact and fully charged with just a few minor healing potions.
Significant items used to carpet bomb the last level - I think i used 5 bombs and 4 Dragons in the end, so a tad expensive.

1 Like

A HUGE improvement to last time, where my team was literally limited to Sha Ji.
Mad Hatter’s looking to be pretty strong for those Trials.

2 Likes

I got through the last trial by the skin of my teeth. Elk died twice. I was convinced at one point I was was going to fail, but got enough of a cascade to get everyone charged up again and take out Horghall.

1 Like

Duration of the fight was about 10 minutes.
Used 6 small mana potions for Boril, but not a single boom.
Moms minions, green tiles, Caeds attacks (130 each) and Borils reposte (about 450 per att) took all down. Fired all of Caeds attacks at Viv right from the beginning. Being upset to have saved axes and bombs, since I’m always out of roots.

Was just before finishing her with a bunch of gem driven violet tiles.

2 Likes

Nicely done!

10 minutes isn’t too bad, I spent that long mostly going in circles with her and my team both healing back and forth.

It seems like the 2 Caedmon really helped a lot. I don’t have any, but I can hope for some to show up at some point…

1 Like

It was pretty horrible. I spent 5x arrows/axes/bombs and still spent 15 min just to kill vivica at the end. I’ll need to level a Boril I think for next time.

2 Likes

Yes, my gang of mamas and papas did amazingly well. I was a little bit overhealed. Rigard just had the job to cleanse Horgies att down.

They didn’t balance the trials very well. I have every good 4* maxed besides certain limited edition 4* and I’m stuck using a team of healers for this trial. Only one hitter. Other trials, no healers just hitters. image

1 Like

I had to use all my battle items to take out vivaca. I was close to death.
Next time should be better as I will have Hatter and hopefully Caedmon ready.
I forget my actual line up and of course I can’t see it now the trials is complete

This time around I went with Zimkitha, Caedmon, Gadeirus, Alberich & Rigard. Too much healing and it took forever to grind Vivica down with tile damage. Still ended up using a few minor healing / mana pots when one of my heroes got in the red zone. I’m almost inclined to bring Agwe in but he might be too squishy

1 Like

It’s really remarkable how hard it seems to be to find a killer team that makes grinding Vivica down more manageable.

The responses in this thread have all been pretty similar to yours — or indicated even more of a problem with too much healing, too little damage.

I didn’t expect to have this problem when bringing in 5-star and event/Atlantis heroes. I’d say it’s more of a flaw in the design of the Cleric and Druid classes. I’ve always called Druids the green ghetto because SG apparently dumped the weak green heroes there. Clerics have a thematic problem with dealing damage. They are a support class and do that job quite well. One simply cannot count on Clerics for offensive punch.

1 Like

That’s what I mean about it being remarkable — it’s not an issue of bench depth even, it’s just really challenging to even figure out how to assemble a Cleric and Druid team that can do substantive damage.

You basically need Gafar, Caed, Lepus, Hatter and Hansel if you want to do some damage [2 are seasonal heroes and 2 are monthly - which leave you with only one ‘‘vanilla’’ hero - Caedmon], you can add the green trio [Elk, Horg, Kad]. I dont have none of these, not even Caedmon, thats why i have to use Mnesseus :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This time i wanted to change my tactic and try something else.
I guess i’m gonna never do that again.

Dropped Brienne for Boril, Caedmon for Vivica.
So the team was Vivica, Elkanen, Kadilen, Boril, Melendor.

A critical caught me off guard and kill my Melendor almost immediately, leave me without a healer and most of all without any dispeller. Big mistake.
Heroes protected by riposte was almost NEVER targeted, making the fight painfully long.
Elkanen and Kadilen specials almost do the same amount of Vivica’s heal.

So i have to use more items then before and almost go crazy for the time i needed.
But ok, lesson learned. It was interesting in his own way.

1 Like

This team and set up was not enough for me to win… In retrospect I didn’t need so many healing items and probably could have done it with bomb attack and axes. My other options were a leveled kailani and Rigard at 3/60. I have a undeveloped boril that I think I’ll need at 3/60 to win.

1 Like

It seems very green heavy. 10 of the 21 possible 4 and 5 star heroes are green. If you like color stacking that maybe a good thing, but I rarely stack more than 2. There is also a big lack of strong hitters in the 4 and 5 star crowd, very much making this a trial of fortitude since that last stage can last a LONG time if you don’t use items.

1 Like

Cookie Settings