šŸ… [Feb 23, 2020] 44th Raid Tournament! ā€” 5* Rush Attack, No Holy/Yellow

Slight edit & changed Yunan and BK positions aroundā€¦

2 Likes

This is going to be a tough raid tournament for me since yellow is one of my best colors and purple one of my worst. Iā€™m not sure who to set in my defense. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I think I will try this. Can also change Ariel with puss to trigger more lotl minions (he is not maxed but I can finish him, if there is a strong case for). Arthur I can also be replaced by other sniper in green, purple or blue.

What do you think? To healer heavy with Ariel and lotl? Usually, lotl is not best in defense, but I think with decent purple tank and rush, it is worth a tryā€¦no?

2 Likes

Bender- ouch! Justā€¦ ouch!

1 Like

This isnā€™t a great one for me, but Iā€™m going to put out something very aggressive and see where we wind upā€¦

G.Kong+2, Isarnia+6 (costume at 3.70 so some bonus), BK+8, Mok Arr 4.70, Kage+0.

If nothing else, lots of fast AoE gives plenty of failsafeā€¦ And running Mok tempts attackers to try me with darks, which plays into my hands with BK (who would otherwise encourage bluesā€¦ And then Kong potentially helps protect against blue for himself if they do bring it).

Itā€™s far from perfect, but rush battles in the past have tended to be short and sweet for me, so Iā€™m going to throw out a defence that pulls no punchesā€¦ Weā€™ll see how it does!!

Calling_Demon- one of my teammates has LOL Maxed and I wish that I had her leveled for this tournament. I think her mana drain will be a huge PIA.

First thoughts:

Other options are Tarlak+7, Marjana+7, Sartana and Thorne. Any suggestions?

Will go aggressive this one - attackers should race to shut my middle 3 or charge a cleanser

1 Like

As I said before Iā€™m not a huge fan of rush attacks because there is no time to ā€˜workā€™ a bad board. Iā€™ll probably switch between 2 teams for attacks depending on defense.
Still debating my own defense, I feel my best chance is to rely on opponent having bad luck with tiles and to punish that quickly. That would mean lots of snipers, though Elena and Miki also appeal to me for different reasons.

3 Likes

What do you think?
Or switch BK and Kunch?

1 Like

Yes for sure.

Also not 100% sold on the efficacy of Ursena without there being any yellows.

2 Likes

No kunchen, no quintus, no Elena, no horghall etc, but a bunch of tricky ones and Snow White can do it, I trust in her! :ok_hand:but this is the tournament I usually get beat up!

1 Like

Iā€™m going LOTL as tank

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna take zephyrā€™s advice from the last tourney and basically just run my best tank instead of the strongest on color tank which for me would be costume Rigard. This is what Iā€™m going with.

I was thinking of putting a 4/80+0 Frida at left flank, but weā€™re in a no-yellow not no-green tourney, so this is the best I got.

Iā€™m mostly doing it for the POV ticks anyway. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Iā€™d be tempted to switch around a bitā€¦

You want Seshat to fire within a couple of turns of Panther for a chance at hitting a weakened opponent for a certain kill.

BT flank helps punish a green stack for Richard and provides more beef to protect one of your wingsā€¦
Kingston and Seshat are both A-grade wings.

As weird as it sounds, Iā€™d probably run it:
Kingston - BT - Richard - Panther - Seshat.

Normally you wouldnā€™t want two paired colour together, but it canā€™t be punished - you want Panther firing before Seshat and BT firing before both if possible.

1 Like

Having Kingston behind that mountain of orc meat does feel a lot better. Iā€™ll change things up.

Unrelated note, but Iā€™m kinda disappointed weā€™re rotating tourney conditions. That was kinda what made it fun and exciting. Now people can just craft the best teams and cull the rest.

2 Likes

I know where youā€™re coming fromā€¦ Benches and rosters change over time though - I suspect this is probably a bigger gripe for F2P or C2P than for players who summon more (though over that period youā€™d expect even TC20, costume chamber, Atlantis or good old fashioned EHT to throw up something new to play with).

Iā€™m glad we wonā€™t be seeing the pointless 2* tourney againā€¦

Well I can start culling down useless 3* heroes like Prisca and Renfeld at leastā€¦ :joy:

1 Like

Oh well no healer for me in this tourney but will do my best to mess with the mana

2 Likes