šŸÆ [Feb 2021] Ninja Tower Event - FAQ, Discussion & Summons!

I always have had good luck with pulls and getting mats so nobody in my alliance was surprised that if only one person in the alliance was to get one, of course it was me. Haha!

1 Like

Is there already some investigation done on the power ups?
I was still struggling with the choice.
But canā€™t make up if you have to choose between mana recuperation or extra mana after 5 turns?

I always choose mana and then minions and then defense.
But maybe iā€™m more with offense and or critical hits? Especially when i want to complete it faster next time.

I also have the feeling i now ā€˜looseā€™ some mana when you get 25% after 5 turns but mana is already full or +80%.

Any ideas? Thanks

Late post, because nothing special :sweat_smile:

Final Result

Last Time

This Time

Last Stage

Reward

No unfaramable in the last chest, just like Desember 2020 :sweat_smile:

Summon

3x: Tyrum, Friartuck, Bane :muscle:
31x ETT: No Ninja troop, 1x Crit Purple, 1x Mana Yellow which is my 3rd, great for 3-2 offense in VF war.

5 Likes

Yes! Great idea, craft a bunch of scrolls and tornadoes! Why didnā€™t I think of that?

Well I donā€™t have a Hunters Lodge yet so I just used the ones from valor, like 5 maybe? And probably used about 15 tornados over the event. I donā€™t think thatā€™s an excessive thing to trade for a TON of valuable emblems.

But nice sarcasm, really makes you seem clever :kissing_heart:

Completion is good! :+1: I didnā€™t bother to push on, and finish it this time.

Now I wonder how little players even bother to finish this event. Based on my result, it seems less than 60k. :flushed:

4 Likes

Iron is cheap and renewable, I get 518K just from mines+watchtower per day. If we throw in chests+raids+map farming itā€™s easily 700-800K iron per day or 7-8 tornadoes.

You canā€™t craft emblems except from alkashards in the alchemy lab, so trading something thats cheap and widely available for something thatā€™s not seems like a great deal to me.

I used 70 or so tornadoes and netted 700 total emblems plus got back 20 tornadoes. 50 tornadoes for 700 emblems? Yes please.

2 Likes

I donā€™t believe iron is the problem here. Orihalcum nuggets are. Those donā€™t grow on trees and even if supposedly you farm those exclusively during AR there still will be shortage because tornadoes are also used daily vs high-level titans for example and in other events. Even grimoire dust may be a problem at some point since that is required for mana potions.

Thatā€™s the point though, choosing where you use what you got. I donā€™t really use tornados anywhere except the tower. We are only just starting to take on 8* titans in the teaching alliance I lead so they arenā€™t needed for me on titans, and I donā€™t compete for score in events, I just play once to complete them. Iā€™ve never even checked how many nuggets I have since I doubt Iā€™ll ever run low. My gold is backpacks to keep my TC2 going full time.

We all have different strategies, needs and goals which is why this is such a deep and fascinating game to spend your time and thought on. It seems many people on here are going to be high level/competitive players so that the general forum opinion is quite skewed from the average player most of whom probably arenā€™t even aware there IS a forum. Itā€™s a self sorting group this place. So Iā€™d just say, not everyone plays the way someone in a top 100 alliance does and thatā€™s fine.

So long as what youā€™re doing is fun for you!

2 Likes

Iā€™m in a decently high level alliance but we all agreed to cap titans at 10-11* because thatā€™s where the sweet spot is in terms of loot/items ratio. No point chaining 13-14* titans when the loot is only marginally better but you have to burn through so many extra items just to even stay alive.

Also I donā€™t bother competing in events beyond completion since the ROI is simply atrocious, and you donā€™t get any extra emblems even if you rank #1. So tornadoes are pretty much only used for ninja tower, and maybe an 11* rare if I really feel like going for A+ loot. As a result I have a huge stockpile of nuggets (>1k), and each AR I farm more than I consume in a month so itā€™s fully sustainable. If anything Iā€™m more iron limited since Iā€™m always crafting something be it harpoons or bombs/dragons or banners.

3 Likes

Frankly, I donā€™t see a point using tornadoes on regular titans even that weā€™re chaining 14* titans. I just donā€™t find this item that effective - it wonā€™t create on-color tiles, only rearrange which in most cases places you in the same position as originally.

What I use on normal and rare titans is time stops (and mana pots ofc) which I find far more useful in buying me some time to craft combos or add on-color tiles to the board.

Therefore, I can save all the tornadoes for Ninja Tower. This time I had about 50 and didnā€™t burn even a half of it.

4 Likes

Thanks for the explanation guys, makes a lot more sense to me now.

In my opinion the Ninja Tower is the worst event in the game, The Oni Stones are Frustrating ā€¦ The prizes are ridiculous compared to the amount of materials the Tower requires to clear the levels. The first time finished it, the second time I didnā€™t even try to start it ā€¦ I think that at least the oni stones should disappear from the tower ā€¦ it is incredible that to get 15 shields you have to go to the psychologist to a problem of frustration that you causes a game.

If you use a ton of battle items on the tower youā€™re not doing it right.

1 Like

In my case, I have not used one since I only played it once, I only say that the tower that is a consuming event to the beast of resources ā€¦

1 Like

Yep. It is easily the worst event, considering the time and battle items needed for the loot.

Having written that, as much as I dislike Ninja Tower, I wouldnā€™t want to take an event away from those who do enjoy it.

I would just like to see at least two free summons for completing all 50 levels. I think one free summon for an event run every eight weeks is poor. Getting all tower energy at the beginning would be a nice QoL improvement too IMO.

2 Likes

All 50 levels get you ~100 coins
Progression chests give another 65
If you complete it youā€™re probably on top 25k for another 30 coins. Thatā€™s 195 which is just shy of the two pulls youā€™re looking for.

I donā€™t know the exact cutoff of last place person who finishes level 50 but we arenā€™t far off from two free pulls.

I really appreciate that you put this on there.

1 Like

195 coins is very close to two pulls. However, I meant two pulls from completing 50 stages, and the progression chests. Thus excluding rank reward. :sweat_smile:

To be clear, I have multiple reasons for disliking Ninja Tower. But just because I dislike it, doesnā€™t mean others should be deprived of it. :smile:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: :japanese_castle: [April 2021] Ninja Tower Event - FAQ, Discussion & Summons!