👑 [Feb 2020] Knights of Avalon Challenge Event – Guides, Discussion & Summoning Results

Fell one loot tier in epic and legendary, but that’s the future if I want to stay sane :woozy_face: still happy and my namahage++ team always make top1000 rare with ease. :slightly_smiling_face: @zephyr1 since we score nearly identical the last events, did you hold your loot tiers?

5 Likes

Yes, I typed that the wrong way around. :stuck_out_tongue: Next time … finish Legendary and then go back to Rare to see if I can improve my score :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry for your missing out, but I’m glad it’s closed as my finger has been twitching over the 10 summon button and I absolutely promised myself that I would only do it if I didn’t get any event heroes from coins. I got one (Merlin), and the last 2 occasions I broke the self-imposed limit I got 0 good stuff on the naughty pull. Since it has been decreed by the gods of RNG that I shall not receive LotL or Guinevere (or even Bauchan, notwithstanding the comments upthread), wasting large numbers of gems that I should be saving for March is not going to land 'em. Now temptation has been removed.

1 Like

This challenge event really pissed me off. I have a solid team that should’ve been able to at least complete the challenge, but the last legendary fight was ridiculous. Gems get spent and by end of 2 or 3 attempts these 3 characters have completely healed each other and gain mana faster than any characters I’ve seen. Takes the fun out of the game when you can’t even complete the round with a reduced and low ranking score. Jmtc

Anyone notice that this challenge events are becoming more competitive?

Last month, 674k is enough to get to top 10k rare but this month even with 678k it wasn’t enough to get to top 10k so I have to improve my score in the last hour.

Last month, 863k in epic result in 3818 rank but this month 864k only translate to 4452 rank.

Last month, 985k in epic result in 6028 rank but this month 997k only translate to 8451 rank.

Has there been significant improvement like this each month? Or is it PoV effect that make the players become reinvigorated in challenge events?

5 Likes

Final Results

As with all of the other Challenge Events since the revamps, I used no WE Flasks or Gem refills, just the natural flags I got during the Challenge Event.

Every month I go through a period of thinking it’s gotten harder and I’m not going to make it, but it keeps working out nonetheless.

I actually ended up a little higher in ranks this time, though it makes no difference, since it’s the same loot tiers I normally go for anyway.

EDIT: oh! I think this is actually my first time on the Leaderboard. :man_shrugging:

Inventory

I want to start keeping track of Items post-Event, since I normally don’t log them.

• 320 Super Mana Potion (10 from loot)
  • 496 Mana Potion
  • 821 Minor Mana Potion
  • 216 Dragon Attack (20 from loot)
  • 333 Bomb Attack
  • 205 Axe Attack
  • 724 Arrow Attack
  • 430 Healing Potion
  • 303 Minor Healing Potion

On the whole, I’m quite happy with my current Inventory.

I’ve been concerned whether I could sustain my Challenge Event Item usage, but it’s looking like it’s holding up well so far.

I did indeed!

6 Likes

I find that the scores vary wildly across each of the 5 Challenge Events.

Did you try comparing to the last Avalon?

2 Likes

its weird because you’d think teltoc is way easier than avalon, with straightforward mobs that are weak to the best challenge color (red) where as avalon is strong against red and blue.

I am happy with my 6 WE flasks + 3 Raid flasks + 3 ETT + 3 Gray tokens.
I received my third 4* Purple Troop from one of my ETT. I have 4* for all but Red, that one is eluding me like crazy!

I have a Sir lance, is hegood and worth upgrading?
My other reds are (maxed: BT, Wilbur, Colen, Kelile, G Falcon, Scarlett)

2 Likes

Final Result

Like last event, just want all flask from each level for AR this month, I mean next month, so it’s okay for me :+1:
Troops:
troops_01 troops_02 troops_03
2nd Purple mana, and 3rd Blue mana… What I still miss is yellow mana (my 2x Jackal are mad)! :sweat_smile:

Goodluck everyone :trophy: :tada: :medal_sports:

5 Likes

I have not attempted to get into top 10k in the last avalon. I have only started from pirates (rare and legend), and this month is significantly more competitive:

• Rare
    Corellia: 666158 = between 9750th to 10000th
    Wonderland: 667888 = top 10k (forget to take note of the exact rank)
    Grimforest: 690796 = 3132nd
    Teltoc: 674318 = 8543rd
    Avalon: 686883 = 6558th (678k outside of top 10k)

• Epic
    As mentioned in previous post (I have only attempted top 5k since last month).

• Legendary
    Corellia: 977044 = between 9859th to 10000th
    Wonderland: 984029 = top 10k (forget to take note of the exact rank)
    Grimforest: 1010027 = 3297th
    Teltoc: 985659 = 6028th
    Avalon: 997093 = 8451st (678k outside of top 10k)

I cannot use grimforest for comparison because of the difference but Avalon is way harder than Teltoc, Corellia, and Wonderland.

4 Likes

I also find Teltoc a lot easier (my score was lower in teltoc because I don’t push too hard with battle items in teltoc).

But when I use my Teltoc score as target for Avalon, my rank is significangly lower, even outside of top 10k. So it seems other players have better score in Avalon than Teltoc…

My rare teltoc is only 674k but it reach top 10k (8543rd). But my rare avalon cannot reach top 10k with 678k. Weird…

1 Like

Just got inside the top 1000 for Rare to get my sixth tabard and finally ascend Seshat. Yes that’s 8 months she’s been gathering dust at 3^70.
Timestops were key to completing Legendary - the first time I’ve done so.
And I have my Rare scores from the last RoW my total of 731,372 was good enough for 545th, this time 742,866 = 916th. More players plus the addition of coins means it’s less about being tactical and getting the best match bonus (which many people don’t understand) and more about replaying until you get a chest.

1 Like

Last Avalon I was #924 in legendary with 1057k. This time I finished #874 and needed 1084k score. That’s almost 30k increase.

2 Likes

@JonahTheBard
Did you ask all those two millions in this short time? I mean what did you expect? It is my own experience, isn’t it?
Do you feel better ripost my forum question in few minutes with this high concentrated sarcasm?

Better you read my topic again.
Suspicious is, that everybody around me got the same heroes. Everybody (I asked) got Bauchan higly multiple times, everybody (I asked) got Merlin multiple times and everybody (I asked) got Lancelot multiple times.
Never before, at Atlantis or the Guard event I faced this.

It seems, based on my own experience, the LotL event had only Bauchan, Merlin and Lancelot, only. :thinking::thinking::thinking:
I did ask other players. It’s free for you to tell your experience too instead of sarcasm.

I have reread your post as you requested.

No sarcasm at all, I genuinely disagree with you that it is in any way suspicious.

A coincidence in the sample size you describe is statistically insignificant compared to the size of the player base.

I assert that it is not suspicious in any way and is purely a coincidence that is entirely within normal parameters.

My experience is that the advertised summons percentages are accurate, however I do not give any particular weight to my experience as a means of extrapolating wider trends within the game.

Again, no sarcasm intended, these are my genuine thoughts on the matter :slightly_smiling_face:

@JonahTheBard
How can you then refer to those two million gamer, please?
I can also go back and open my highscool book about probability theory for citations. If not a sarcasm, then you needed to crosscheck those (referred) drawings of the two millions, isn’t it?

Sorry, I do not believe having you these results at hand, you just (maybe) repeat the E&P owner’s statement. Which I call advertising or saving the company’s honor.

At the Teltoc event exactly the same “small set” got a wide variation of 3*, and 4* heroes as myself too. At any Atlantis event the same.
This is the reason why I talked about a LotL summon bug.

I don’t need to know what every other player pulled to state that your sample size is too small to draw conclusions.

You said that

Six players with similar results is absolutely not suspicious.

You cannot draw inference from this with any kind of accuracy, it is a nonsense.

Please do. I would be very interested if you can find a mathematics text book that suggests a sample size of six is suitable for extrapolating the conclusions you are drawing.

I’m not replying simply to be contrary or difficult, the forum is about providing accurate information.

I would also be obliged if you would not suggest I merely parrot the company line without evidence.

1 Like

This was my 5th 10-pull out of a possible six 10-pulls for me (I stopped after this one). In my first 40 pulls, besides 2 x Merlin in the first 10-pull, I didn’t get anything noteworthy–just S1 3* and 4*. Obviously I did what anyone would do and immediately started leveling up Cheshire Cat.

8 Likes

Congrats on completion and I bet getting the rewards made up for it taking so long though thus made it worthwhile in the end, again congratulations