[Feb 20, 2019] Trials of Strength Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

This was the best I could muster
Managed the final stage with just a few small health pots to keep Nashgar alive, a couple of bombs and a couple of dragons.

3 Likes

Hardest so far. Weak heroes at 2500tp, only average and slow mana and 3 reds against the red horde. Carpet bombing and Little John had to do the job this time. But finished first try. Sumitomo died sooner than I could look at the first normal attack. Bosses didn’t charge. Otherwise I would have lost.

Was quite close…

2 Likes

First account team:

Second account team:

Nashgar (3/25), Toril (3/40 + Lv.4 Wound), Brogan (3/20), Ragnhild (2/23), Julius (3/19)
Guess the first stage is easy. :rofl:

3 Likes

Feeder Fighters :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’d been mulling an idea like this, but less defined. Thanks for fleshing it out!

1 Like

My team :

Last time, I used LJ & Grimm in place of Kage & Gormek who I have maxed recently. Like you can see, no problem in this trials for me.

1 Like

My team was a mix of three reds (Elena 3/something, Colen 3/something, Boldtusk 4/something) a fully leveled Grimm and an Obakan 3/something. And it leads me to the win with 5 bombs as my lovely fellows!

PS: Yes, I’m a cross-level-upper (or how you would call it) cause I love many balanced overall teams for the war.

2 Likes

Exactly my way to go. I have 43 more or less to midrange leveled 4 and 5 star heroes. I also think, that the odds of multiple ascensions are better this way. Didn’t regret it so far. My war scores confirm that strategy, too.

1 Like

Exactly!
Me, top.

20 Characters

1 Like

Done all stages with:

Grimm 3.60 - Magni 4.80 - Elena 1.1 - Boldtusk 4.70 - - Sumitomo 1.14

Barely had to use any items on the last stage.

2 Likes

This was my team. Worked pretty well. Only used one antidote and 2 minior healing potions.

4 Likes

I am constantly jealous of your second Grimm.

(but you knew that already from LINE :wink:)

3 Likes

I’d actually love a third one :wink:
He would have replaced Lancelot. Lancelot is simply useless with Boldtusk in the team

3 Likes

So, the trials are cycled once more through, we should all be a little better this time around then?

I certainly hope so, as Trial of Strength was the first time, upon completion for the first time, the majority of the player base would’ve accumulated enough emblems for the first node on their 4* or 5*.

So this time around.
Boldtusk 4^70 +3
Grimm 4^1
Gormek 4^70 +3
Gato 3^50
Colen 3^60

Boldtusk and Gormek were obviously a little better than before they were taught how to play the cello. Grimm slightly better statwise after I gave him one of the Gloves I received to get it into the final tier. The first time I did the trial, I wasn’t so sure if I can do enough damage, so I brought 3^50 Valen around for the ride. Then I just realized that I have 3 debuffers on the team already, so I technically should not need one, so I swapped him out for Gato (who wasn’t maxed the last time Trial of Strength was around), and he of course hits harder and have some extra benefits. Colen still has his beautiful hair.

One thing I kind of find funny through the second round was that Oberon, revived after getting killed, but the effect of Colen’s special was still on (which I think came on after the revival), so he revived only to get killed by the burn. Not sure if this was the intended effect, but it makes DOT at the end of the turn very dangerous to the Fighter Class, especially if they are only reviving with 1 HP.

So a few scenarios in the final trial. Mobs targeted Gato because he was the only 3* (a potion or two was good enough to deal with that). Two Blues still can make quick work of the reds, especially when I have debuff heroes, provided the boards were at least somewhat blue / red friendly. I’ve never really tested out Gato, so this was his chance to shine, so he got his special out, but opponent Nashgar’s special went to hit another target, Azlar’s special did manage to fire off once, nothing a small antidote can cure (Boldtusk was just about ready on his special), so Gato, whose shield did end up going on Gormek, actually managed to resist the Bleeding effect from Azlar’s regular hit. Elena still did not get to fire off her special.

There are a lot more Fighters and Barbarian class choices… So I at least have some good heroes for this one trial.

1 Like

BT, Grimm, Valen, Hu Tao, Summitoma - was pretty easy.

It was a lot easier with a decent team. Had to use those time stops in the last battle and mana potions on Boldtusk

@zephyr1, thanks for your help. After thinking over what you said (and reflecting on the fact that I’ve had trouble keeping 3 star heroes alive in other stage 3 trials, even with THREE healers on the field), I decided to go with a 3.60 Hu Tao over a maxed Valen. It seemed very similar to your situation. Ultimately, the greater survivability seemed more important than an addition to my blue stack (which was already double Grimm-ed). Plus, Hu Tao actually adds a useful special skill (Valen does not, with three pulverizers already ready to go). I did the last stage with only minor potions.

4 Likes

You’re welcome, and glad that worked out well for you! Hu Tao gets a lot of hate for being slow, but his blinding is definitely hugely useful for quests and events.

3 Likes