🔵 [Feb 12, 2020] Trials of Mysticism Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

I struggled on the last stage because of Quintus, but bringing in Jean-Francois to go toe to toe with Ulmer proved very valuable. A good Holy hero would also be helpful. Will also likely ascend Kiril next on Ice before Magni because it’s not good to be stuck here at the Trials of Mysticism with Graymane or Ulmer as your strongest Ice heroes.

6 Likes

Last time:

This time. Rather than bring in three healers, I decided to go through with my threat and brought in not just Skittleskull but Saruman as well!

Still not the most offensively potent team, but having a much more sturdy Ulmer counter made for a much smoother fight.

Trainers and emblems drained my coffers, but all applicable parties went up.:+1:

6 Likes

With that team, you have a good shot at beating the final level. It’s worth the effort for the emblems, even if you have to use some battle items (bombs, time stops, revive scroll?, etc). I had a very similar team before I got Proteus but my Sabina wasn’t emblemed and I could make it through. It wasn’t easy (or even fun :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:) but I think you can get there.

@notyou87 with 2 Protues, you probably don’t even need a 5th hero :rofl: I normally don’t like Skittles but her special is more helpful and the green tiles should help against Ulmer. Good luck.

My team below, I so wanted to try Guardian Chameleon since this is the perfect situtation (dark team vs dark bosses) but I haven’t played with him enough yet:

Used some mana pots to keep Proteus/Merlin going at key times, worth it for the peace of mind:

Sorcerer emblems sit unused :sob:

6 Likes

As stated last time, my roster for this trial is really heavy on healers and on purple. I think I’ll take Ursena instead of Sabina to add a bit more firepower.

My team last time:

Ursena is on 3/59, I think, that’s enough for the trial. My other options would be:

• Sabina +12 or Sabina +1
  • 2x Kiril +1
  • Kashhrek (maxed)
  • Skittles on 3/60 :smiley:

Then many 3* and some unleveled 5* like Quintus, Mits…unleveled 4*: the Cat, Ameonna, some more Sabinas :smiley:

So my team this time:

With Ursena it went as smooth as last time with Sabina - many mana pots used (they always hit Kiril and Ursena, so I used more mana for healing than for Proteus), Ursena dead in the end, but it worked.

Trainer will go to Ursena, emblems to Proteus and Ursena.

5 Likes

Completed fairly easy with Kiril, Proteus, Onatel, Anzogh and 2nd Kiril
Used banners x1 and mana x 3

3 Likes

What could go wrong with Onatel and Proteus? Still I needed a few health potions this time. Last time I didnt use any items. And yes, I use Proteus and Onatel a lot on quests. In my purple raid team I have two Proteus. I also have two Onatels, but only one maxed. So only one in my current yellow team. I even consider maxing her a second time. She is my favourite hero and helped me a lot earlier in the game when I was still forced to play rainbow or 2-1-1-1 due to lack of maxed heroes.

Wizard emblems go to Onatel, Sorcerer items not sure. Maybe to Quintus if I decide to max him… Don’t have any good Sorcerers. Purple trainer heroes are stacking in my roster. Not sure yet, maybe Quintus will get them.

4 Likes

This trial was not difficult; but it was time-consuming. This is because my usable heroes were:
Kiril, Sartana, Sabina, and two Proteuses.

As you can see, I lacked direct damage dealers. Plus 4 of my 5 heroes were purple, and a lot of the enemies were also purple. So my tile damage was really weak. But the boss stage was quite smooth. My two Proteuses kept the bosses from firing the whole battle.

3 Likes

Same Team as last time, getting stronger. Because of the ongoing challenge, I nuked the bosses this time. Mana for Proteus, to avoid the bosses firing their special. Once had to use time stopper. Used dragon storm, because I need the time for Avalon. Trainer goes to Grimble. Emblems will be stored.

4 Likes

Managed to do it and with no bombs or Dragons…

Screenshot_20200212-222316_Empires

3 Likes

Almost forgot to post. My team this time:

• Onatel +4
  • Sabina + 20
  • Kiril +20
  • Ameonna +14
  • Skittleskull 4^70

Same crew as last time. Onatel up one talent, and Ameonna up five. I was tempted to flip back to my Sartana 3^70 in place of Ameonna, but the ghost girl’s tile damage is just stupid high with emblems, even with two purple bosses.

Breezed through the mob waves, although I used Sabina’s heal more than last time, so I went into the boss wave without her charged. Fired everyone else, and focused, to the extent possible, on Ulmer, since his stupid defense down is the most annoying part of this fight. By and large timed Kiril better than last time, so very few turns of defense down anyway. Sabina did take two direct regular attacks on the same turn with reduced defense, but survived thanks to Skittles’ attack down. Thought that was impressive. Once Ulmer fell, this was cake, especially with Onatel doing what she does with mana control. Only a few healing potions used, and nobody died. Felt easier than previous attempts, but not sure why.

Sorcerer emblems take Ameonna to +15. Wizard emblems stack up for Onatel’s next talent. Trainer hero to duplicate Rigard.

2 Likes

Super late I know but I did do this on all three profiles.

Main:

Costumed Hawkmoon is a flipping must have for these trials. Makes it go by faster. And at least on this profile I am not going 4-1 or mono. Wizard emblems are being saved for Lord Fishface, Sorcerer emblems idk atm.

1st alt:

Again costumed Hawkmoon made this one a lot easier with the increased attack. This one was a bit more healer heavy than I would have liked. Emblems are being saved for Sabina and Lord Fishface.

2nd alt:

Well had Kiril for this one so I was happy to have two blues for this one. Emblems are being stored for now.

2 Likes

Crazy week, so I never posted.

Just posting my team and screenshots for posterity, for next time.

4 Likes