Resolved: Faster Field Aid?

Unlike most people, I don’t mind field aid during wars. This past war, it seemed speeded up, though, healing after every second or third turn if there was only one hero on the field (so lots of gaps to shoot tiles through). It seemed a bit overpowered—making it impossible for a weaker team to take down a strong healer by charging all specials before firing.

Has there been a change in the speed? Is so, just a tad slower is preferable.

Field Aid fires more frequently as the number of heroes left alive on the enemy team diminishes.

That’s actually typically why people complain about it — because it makes a beefy healer that’s last standing difficult to take out at times.

From a strategic point of view, it’s wise to consider the order and timing of your kills for Wars with Field Aid, since, as you noticed, it fires quite frequently as you whittle down the team.

@Kerridoc @Rook Depsite the viewpoint in (partial) support of Field Aid, I suspect this post above from @Kengelma would make more sense merged in as a rebuttal to the main Field Aid thread than as a “bug”:

1 Like

Let’s just call this solved.

2 Likes

A - You can call it solved; I really just had a question about whether or not the latest release sped up field aid.
B - I believe I understand how it works. I don’t think it directly depends on the number of heroes on the field. I think it is like mana–it builds faster when your tiles don’t hit anything vs. when they hit the opponent’s heroes.
C - Feel free to add it to the other forum if you want a rebuttal. I much prefer field aid to the way that revenge arrows used to work. At least with field aid, I have the chance to flee before it fires and keep some of my achieved damage. The old version of revenge arrows would kill me off for simply landing some tiles. I’ll admit though, I think I am the only one in my alliance that prefers field aid to revenge arrows :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think that’s correct. I think it’s based on heroes left.

Here’s a previous time this was stated and confirmed:

3 Likes

Err, nope. Ghosting has nothing to do with it. Zephyr1 posted the correct formula.

1 Like

Well, sure, but the cause of the faster Field Aid is the reduced number of heroes. The ability to ghost is also caused by the reduced number of heroes. The fact that they have a common cause doesn’t mean that one causes the other.

2 Likes

Lol nevermind. I know what i meant but cant explain it. I know the health bar generating pace picks up as less and less heros are alive, wasnt arguing that. Anyways agreed zeph is right.

I understood what you meant, @Rigs. You’re just saying that you understand why someone playing would associate the two, even though ghosting doesn’t cause the speed-up.

2 Likes

Yes

Thank you lol

Making coffee now

3 Likes

Thank you for the clarification. I guess I thought it was faster because I attacked some damaged teams last war instead of only full teams :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the links Zephyr. You posted the one I was thinking.

May I close the thread? :wink:

1 Like

Yep, @Kerridoc had the same thought, I say close it as resolved. :smiley: