Farming to Fill Special Elemental Chests

Same thing as elemental chests. They only fill up when you take down heroes or monsters of The associated color. That is what this thread was started for; which stages have the most of each color so players know where to concentrate when trying to fill the chest.

1 Like

By heroes do you mean bosses?

2 Likes

Nice. Thanks for the research!

1 Like

No those are for raids only. Iā€™m going off what the game calls these chests

1 Like

Thanks for the info :slight_smile:

For the record, ā€œchestsā€ usually refers to Wanted Chests (the three brown chests on the upper left of the main screen):

• Monster - 100
  • Hero (Raid) - 40
  • Titan - 5

It takes 100 monsters to fill the monster chest, 40 heroes from Raid to fill the Raid chest*, and 5 Titans to fill the Titan chest.

HOWEVER, there is a special purple chest that can pop up on any of these chests. This is the rare Elemental Wanted chest. It will require 150 monsters of a particular elemental type to fill it. It will tell you what the Element is (Holy, Ice, etc).

As posted before, you can find specific Elemental monsters on the map using this list:

Ice (blue): 8-1, 8-3, 8-5, 8-7, 9-1, 9-3,
9-5, 9-9, 13-5, 13-8, 14-5

Fire (red): (2-2, 5-8, 11-6, 13-1)ā€¦
19-4, 19-6, 20-4, 20-7

Nature (green): 6-3, 6-6, 7-5

Holy (yellow): 9-4, 9-7, 10-6, 12-3,
12-9ā€¦ 16-3, 16-5, 16-9

Dark (purple): 3-4, 4-3, 5-5, 7-4,
8-4, 10-4, 11-4, 11-7, 12-5, 15-4,
15-7, 16-4, 16-7

• Reds below lvl 19 are partials.
    Best levels are in bold/italics.

NOTE: When fighting Raids, you can get partial credit even for a loss. Donā€™t give up!

EDIT: The Elemental Chest now shows one of five elemental colors (Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Purple), making it visually easy to tell which monsters to kill to fill it.

15 Likes

Hi, for chest normal 100 monsters is special number?[quote=ā€œRook, post:27, topic:960, full:trueā€]
For the record, ā€œchestsā€ usually refers to Wanted Chests (the three brown chests on the upper left of the main screen):

• Monster - 100
  • Hero (Raid) - 40
  • Titan - 5

It takes 100 monsters to fill the monster chest, 40 heroes from Raid to fill the Raid chest*, and 5 Titans to fill the Titan chest.

HOWEVER, there is a special purple chest that can pop up on any of these chests. This is the rare Elemental Wanted chest. It will require 150 monsters of a particular elemental type to fill it. It will tell you what the Element is (Holy, Ice, etc).

As posted before, you can find specific Elemental monsters on the map using this list:

Ice (blue): 8-1, 8-3, 8-5, 9-1, 9-3, 9-5,
9-9, 13-5, 13-8, 14-5

Fire (red): (2-2, 5-8, 11-6, 13-1)ā€¦
19-4, 19-6, 20-4, 20-7

Nature (green): 6-3, 6-6, 7-5

Holy (yellow): 9-4, 9-7, 10-6, 12-3,
12-9ā€¦ 16-3, 16-5, 16-9

Dark (purple): 3-4, 4-3, 5-5, 8-4,
10-4, 11-4, 11-7, 12-5, 15-4, 15-7,
16-4, 16-7

• Reds below lvl 19 are partials.

NOTE: When fighting Raids, you can get partial credit even for a loss. Donā€™t give up!
[/quote]

:grinning::star_struck:Thanks for shering.

1 Like

Yes, 100 monsters is for the normal brown chest. It goes up to 150 monsters for the rare elemental purple chest.

Note: no matter where the purple chest appears (monsters, heroes/raid, Titan), it will always be 150 monsters of whichever element (color) is stated on the chest:

Fire = Red
Ice = Blue
Nature = Green
Holy = Yellow
Dark = Purple

2 Likes

Had anyone noticed getting better rewards for fighting stronger monsters? Ie, fighting monsters in 16-4 vs 3-4. Or does the game not even notice and a monster is a monster regardless of itā€™s power?

2 Likes

Doesnā€™t work that way.

Zones can drop between a min and max number of items; as near as I can tell the number of monsters or their level is irrelevant to that.

There are some zones which have different loot tables, namely all above 12-1 (farmable 3* ascension mats) and then special bonus zones (which you can see on the individual item in questionā€¦ province 5 for backpacks for example) but beyond that there isnā€™t anything intrinsic tied to caliber of monster that I found in the data for all versions prior to 1.8 at least.

Actually still appears to be the case that one is better off in the lower zones, still (recruits / heroes / troops per flag especially).

1 Like

Monster is a monster for many rewards. The higher you go, the more ham/iron and exp you receive

thanks for the responses. i didnā€™t think it worked that way, but didnā€™t want to be shooting myself in the foot when filling the special chests by farming lower levels.

1 Like

Yep. that is the way it works.

See the lands tab of the E&P Data Bible here: http://tinyurl.com/E-and-P-Data for the rewards for each level.

4 Likes

Are all elemental chest fully random or is there a way to get them ??

1 Like

Both - they appear randomly based on some some fill rate of the 3 normal chests (monster, hero, titan). I am tracking them in another thread but nothing conclusive yet.

2 Likes

Can you point me to that thread ? :smiley:

The current guess is that there is a cool down time to get one and then a randomness to it, and maybe a ceiling to how long you can go. I think itā€™s tied to filling the normal chests, but we only have a handful of tracked activities to start. I hope that it grows so we can see if those ā€˜boundariesā€™ exist.

I add the anecdotal evidence that skipping Raid/Hero seems to make it take longer to get a rare chest. No concrete dates, but I think itā€™s been 1-2 months since my last one. Seems forever.

Very good, but I hope that, in next season, the Dev will do some medium stage to farm exclusively red heroes.
Special Stages are easy, but too low to complete.

1 Like

It took me 63 energy to fill the Red Chest at 4-1. Quickā€™n easy)

1 Like