Farm/Mine Upgrade Return On Investment

I believe @Wharflord and @Gryphonknight had a discussion on this exact subject.

Found here
Advanced Farm and Mine Analysis

Hope this helps?

Maybe a merge @Rook, @Garanwyn, @Kerridoc, @zephyr1??

1 Like

You’re right, that was an extremely similar discussion, except it was about the Advanced Farm and Mine. The OP appears to be discussing regular Levels of the Mine:

I’m going to leave them separate, since they’re discussing different things, but I agree that other thread is a good reference point to how to approach the question.

4 Likes

You will regret stopping

3 Likes

Good point @zephyr1. I was assuming that they were they same. My bad. Thanks :+1:

2 Likes

What is the level of mine storage to get to sh20? Got 5 storage 1 at 16, 4 at 15
My sh at 17 soon be 18
Got 4 mines at 16

I promise that I searched the forums well before I posted. I don’t know where that post is buried. But I am certainly grateful for that link. It did enlighten me very much.
Thank you @PapaHeavy

2 Likes

No problem, I find this point very interesting. My thoughts are, it depends on how long you believe you will play. If you are one to move on quickly, it’s probably makes sense to stop leveling. If you believe you’ll be playing for quite some time, it definitely makes sense to level up.

It’s obviously not as clear cut as that but after awhile you’ll find you have extra food/iron. So what do you do with it? Of course if you use it to increase production, you’ll have more…almost a catch22

Of course with the new heroes, new houses, hunters lodge, future buildings, I don’t think we will have a surplus of anything for long :wink:

2 Likes

I think it’s 4 at 19 and 1 at 18? Of course I’m old and my memory is crap
@zephyr1 or @Garanwyn, could either of you chime in on this one?

1 Like

All 5 storage at lvl 18. I have been researching my push to SH 20.

3 Likes

Thank you Sir!! Appreciate the assistance!

Oh and @Oriontron, I think this conversation may interest you too
I find these little tidbits here and there as I “work” all day :joy:
🧪 The Beta Beat (v23) – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta: Stronghold 22/23 & Alchemy Lab, New Challenge Event Heroes, Costumes

1 Like

@PapaHeavy @Oriontron

I’m thinking just level up all my storage got VIP for one week left! My 8 farms are at 14 and 3 storage at 15 ! Got 3 camps at 13 so I’m ok on that!
Should I hot shot it to sh20 ?

1 Like

@Dudeious.Maximus, your SH will need to be 20 to max out everything else. So that’s always 1st.
There is a SH21 now too, which mine is currently at. It eventually will go up to SH25, so I’d definitely work on SH20 now. It tied to the upcoming Alchemy lab and Hero Academy

There’s also Advanced Buildings such as Farms, storage, Recruit houses etc

Here’s all the fun. ***There have been several changes in Beta so read through

2 Likes

I agree.

Considering Harpoons are a 5* Battle items that only requires 1* ingredients, they make a very good iron sink.

Click for discussion of Titanium shield and Panacea

5* Titanium shield, and 5* Panacea, only require T1* / T2* rarity parts. Both are also incredibly useful for triple Boss waves. While not as good an iron sink, or food sink, as Harpoons they will consume a lot of my iron, and food, production because they are so versatile.

Titanium shield acts as a perfect armor, and reflects enemy special skills. Really helpful when three bosses fire their specials at once.

Panacea works a a combination of 3x Super Antidote ( 500 HP heal instead of 150 HP
heal ) and a Dragon banner.

Play style

But.

It depends on your play style.

The game is oddly unbalanced after you get Stronghold 12. Diminishing returns are common in endless games like MMO. But returns in Empires drop like the Mariana Trench.

I have found it helps to just be flexible

Notes

Click for notes

Links

(Build Order)

(Which building to convert after SH21)

Quotes

FIN

1 Like

5 Iron Storages at Level 18 are enough for SH20.

1969k is required for the upgrade

392k per Level 18 Iron Storage * 5 Iron Storages = 1960k

The Stronghold itself holds 10k Iron, which covers the rest.

3 Likes

Thanks @zephyr1, knew my memory was crap…I also need to remember the fridge is NOT the bathroom. Wife gets upset :wink:

Always appreciate the logic @Gryphonknight. It’s actually saved me some bad mistakes an awful lot of times already.

2 Likes

Thanks @zephyr1 @PapaHeavy Ok cool Be at sh18 soon soo then just level my storage up all to 18! Then just make it to sh20 next 3-4 weeks I’ll be there!

2 Likes

Cool man, I’m pretty sure that SH20 is around an 8 day wait. Seemed longer :joy::joy:

Good luck my friend and may RNGesus always smile upon you!!
Let us know when you get there!!

2 Likes

After reading posts, links, and various other information, I believe that the best place to stop upgrading (temporarily) for the push to SH 20 is LVL 11 on the mines.

After reaching SH20, mines can continue to be upgraded. This captures the last largest increase to production per hour, and maximizes the time of production without any setbacks on recouping lost iron due to production halting during upgrading.

Thank you all for the information and advice.

1 Like

Getting a badge for replying via email

1 Like

@Oriontron, its exactly where my mines sat until I upgraded to SH21. It left me with plenty of iron, but not too much

Cookie Settings