Farewells - MASTER List - Add your favourite past forum great or player who quit [WIKI]

Well…

Quoting a post from the thread @SamMe started…

:sob: Sadness - I didn’t have the heart to read through the other posts in that thread. I assume there were more such posts.

I wish you nothing but bliss for future endeavours.

7 Likes

Has anyone seen @JonahTheBard ? His last activity shows up as two months ago?

5 Likes

Sadness indeed @Sarah2 :frowning:

Have seen many such messages from once eager, optimistic players. Not everyone is thinking of leaving, and some actually are excited about developments…

… but many are feeling turned off and pessimistic as well… :frowning:

2 Likes

Virtual hug for @Sarah2. :heart:

I started that thread, and I probably should impose a personal cool-down between posts. Anyway, I don’t think there is a high number of players announcing their intention to retire in there.

Regardless, you may prefer to mute it (if you haven’t already). I will always support doing what’s best for you @Sarah2. :smile:

2 Likes

Maybe @littleKAF or @Dudeious.Maximus might have an answer to your question? :thinking:

4 Likes

Mr bard I believe got a job promotion or something on them lines.
So has to pack up and move to a new area.
So good things for him :heart: :+1:

I believe he be back once all is ticky boo :sunglasses:

15 Likes

Great news! Thanks for the update, @Dudeious.Maximus .

3 Likes

That’s fantastic news - congrats to @JonahTheBard and thank you muchly for the update @Dudeious.Maximus :innocent:.

5 Likes

[evil Queen mode on]
SG has finally decided to pay moderators? :smiling_imp:
[evil Queen mode off]

:point_up_2:
It’s just a joke.
Evil Queen mode never goes off :smiling_imp:

9 Likes

that’s great news! I was about to reply with what I knew, but you know more than I :slight_smile: glad he’s well and has some real life good news!

5 Likes

stayontopic

ok :wink::+1:

2 Likes

6 Likes

Another one leaves… :cry:

Much bliss @giveemhel

5 Likes

Reposting another sad post…

I had the privilege of being an alliance mate of @azgamerdude in TBD - always took on all the nastiest war opponents. You are missed!

5 Likes

You’re such a thoughtful forum buddy. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Alas I posted on your thread and get notifications of likes. Rip off the bandaid Sarah … Sure enough - more entries for the Farewell / sadness thread for those who are left and remember the good 'ole days . :sweat::scream:

5 Likes

I’ll say cheerio here. (An odd place to post as “favourite” wouldn’t be the first word used to describe me :thinking:)

As anyone who knows me is aware, I no longer play Empires and haven’t done for nearly 18 months. I haunt this forum for reasons unknown, even to myself, to be honest.

I have zero insight into the game as it stands now and offer only outdated opinions. Lol, I’m like the unwelcome long lost Uncle at a wedding; people are aware of me but avoid conversation where possible.

No self pity intended, I’ll leave you kids to it.

Special thanks to @Sarah2 @sleepyhead @akionna @nevarmaor @SamMe @Pike @sft1965 for perseverance. Anyone I’ve missed who I should have named, I apologise.

But then anyone who frequents the A-Z game will know, I forget the easiest of things all the time. :man_shrugging::rofl:

18 Likes

Go well and safety @Dr-Zoidberg

6 Likes

Your insightful posts will be missed. Be well fellow Kiwi, Ka kite :new_zealand:

4 Likes

You are hardly unwelcome or avoided, I for one always enjoy interacting with you! I will miss you and hope you pop in every so often for a visit. Take care :slight_smile: @Dr-Zoidberg

5 Likes

Thank you for your special thanks, tagging me, and taking the time to advise us of your decision @Dr-Zoidberg :slightly_smiling_face:

I completely agree with @sleepyhead

If I may guess the reason - I think you continued to haunt this forum, because it is the best gaming community around, and it is not easy to farewell forum buddies.

I wish you all the best. Please take care, stay healthy and safe during these challenging times.

3 Likes