Farewells - MASTER List - Add your favourite past forum great or player who quit [WIKI]

Gacha itself is a bad model. E&P is gacha on steroids and fueled by heavy duty amphetamines. Might not have been SG’s original intentions, perhaps mostly accelerated by Z’s need to prove profitability. Whatever the case… it’s just bad.

Always respected you for your good heart. That is a rare and invaluable quality. Don’t ever let the cruelties of the world change that about you. :heart:

As are you, now more than ever. Hope you will keep fighting the good fight for me. :slightly_smiling_face:

Of course I will drop in to say hi! My gripes about the game model were never against any of the players. The community here is amazing, and without it, I never would have stuck with the game (or the forum) for as long as I did.

I’ll just be dropping in occasionally to say hello and whatnot. But I have drastically reduced both my forum and E&P playing time, just ask any of my alliance mates. At one time, this game and this forum were my primary sources of entertainment. Nowadays, neither one of them even make my top 5.

I will continue to try to do my part for the alliance, for as long as I’m willing to do so. Should the day come that I decide to take an extended break, I will pass leadership onto you.

I will never ever create a gacha game. Though if I create a non-gacha game and Zynga wants to buy it and turn it into a gacha game? I will sign over all rights and take my name off of it. I will use the money they give me to go back to creating games for fun.

The most I could ever see charging any player for one of my games is $1. My first games will either be donationware, or 100% free with some ads (I will make sure the ads aren’t obnoxiously annoying).

TGW was always short for The Grey Wolf, though I welcome other interpretations. I may end up creating a game related website where I will go by The Game Wolf. :slightly_smiling_face:

The game stopped being mentally stimulating a long time ago. I mean, it’s a match 3. 5 different colored tiles spread across a 5x7 board. Can we please stop pretending it’s a “puzzle”? If it’s a puzzle, it’s a puzzle designed for ages 5-10. It’s not complicated.

What’s complicated is getting the right heroes and combining them together. Then there’s the patience factor of waiting a million years for all the stuff you need to upgrade your buildings and your heroes. And hoping you’re lucky enough to get good boards and good summons (or spending spending spending into infinity). :face_vomiting:

Nope, nope, nope.

I won’t be creating console games, as mostly only big name companies have licensing rights for those. I’m just playing around with some indie development software for now. Currently only PC based, but once I learn how, I’ll be able to export them to mobile phones also (though I will have to get licensing rights to publish them on Apple or Google play stores, which will cost money, and my games will be nearly impossible to find without some clout or advertising, but that’s a bridge I’ll try to cross once I get to that point…)

13 Likes