Fading stars: CRigard and CMel

The same reason that I seldom use the costume version for either of these heroes anymore in raids/wars.

2 Likes

I probably should have added this on the original post, but yes, if you are bringing two healers they can still keep you alive! I usually just run a single healer and they are not cutting it anymore.
I actually think Viv’s stock is going in the other direction. Her percentage heal gets stronger as the team around her gets stronger. I am using her more than Guli in wars now, where that was not the case not long ago. I still need four more nodes for her superior talent, but she will be a great fit against Alfrike, etc once that is in place!

That’s fair, but for a long time these two COULD hang with (if not “handle”) most defenses in low-diamond. Now they aren’t enough to play the S5 map without another healer.

Green and red are the only colors I don’t have a five star healer, so I lean on Boldtusk and Melendor more than Rigard, but I also play 3/2, so it is rare I don’t have a better healer available to raid, but I’m finding that I am finishing my war attacks now with Mel/Rigard still on the shelf often.

This is what I was getting at, the cb versions are passing the costume versions in relevance. These guys are easily functionally fast and good healers. I have barely used the cb version over the last few years, but am now!
HoT is just too slow. Even someone like Prof Lindenbrock is quickly loosing value. I would almost take Viv’s special over Lindenbrock right now (which is good because I have Viv and don’t have Lindebrock :wink: )

How many healers do you run? I’m guessing you are running multiple healers or maybe “I hope to kill them fast” mono teams?

I was trying to say that the CB version is now better than the Costume in many cases, so it’s less about a different hero as it is about % healing being better than HoT in the game today.

This!

2 Likes

Yeah. I only have one 5* healer. Director Zuri. Also have c MN who is reviver and Chomper who is not a healer

1 Like

Let me clarify. Outside of titan and ranger trials I almost never used cRigard. In contrast, I use cSabina and cMelandor versions exclusively because of their specials (buff prevent and def up). I never considered cRigard’s atk up worth the tradeoff of bulk heal.

3 Likes

Agreed. C rigard is a weaker version of rigard. Only for titans

3 Likes

C.rigard have 3 maxed one lb +18
Still has value as mentioned in titan and MT … Folk say ane-belle is better maybe in different situations, i do prefer the attack up as use heros that benift from that 9 tiles lvl 5 mana troop …

C.melendor iv hardly ever used i do have a lot of better greens and other dispelers so :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Ahh, right, that is a good point - it´s even rarer these days, I guess - that Slow heroes get to see much action. Before we know it, the Average and even Fast new heroes wreak havoc on our team! :scream:

2 Likes

I suppose “fading” really means “how many 5* healers do you have — or at least ‘good enough’ 4* overhealers, for a given value of good enough?”

In an era of endless war, W3K, roster-depth events (Tavern-of-Dawas, Friar Tuck Towers, Super Ultra Mega Expialidocious Elemental Briennes, etc.) unless you literally have more fully trained healers than you can ever use (either 5*, or at least 4* overhealers, since heal-over-time is what you’d use before “everyone has double hit points” was a thing), I don’t see cRigard/Rigard or cMelendor/Melendor going away for a lot of us anytime soon, especially because it’s not like we are going to stop needing cleanse or dispel.

Now if this is really more about heal-over-time being too slow these days…that depends, of course, but if you have such huge hp that the burst heal is just flat out bigger, or you don’t need the particular buff, or that you are facing lot of boom in opponents, then sure - but I still see the ability to flip Rigard and Melendor back and forth pretty useful. (And presumably there are far worse things than having both one burst healer and one healer-over-time, depending on the situation.)

But partly I’d agree with sentiments above that even emblemed LB’d cRigard was probably never intended to hang with heroes significantly bigger than maybe some costumed S1 or vanilla S2 or middle-of-the-road HotM 5* heroes.

Expecting him to pull his weight vs top 5* releases of the last six months or so is probably unrealistic given how many older 5* heroes frankly can hardly hang with the more recent ones.

2 Likes

C Rigard is still on my mono purple team. I’m level 99 with 82 maxed 5’s and he still gets his time in raids and wars.

2 Likes

This is my main raid team. Even took down a Krampus tank in traditional V formation when I was just raiding for a laugh.
2022-11-11 Raid main
I only go mono when POV requires it. However, you are correct I lean towards tile damage. Note the team composition I use.
Costume Rigard for ATK buff, cleanse, and some healing.
Costume 1 Vivica for dispel, DEF down, and healing.
Costume Marjana for elemental DEF down.
Scarlett for ATK down, and damage dealing.
Azlar for damage over time, and damage dealing.

Which is why the full sentence is:

When raiding for a laugh, I go rainbow. It’s either:
2022-11-11 Raid rainbow 1
or:
2022-11-11 Raid rainbow 2
Scarlett and costume Marjana are interchangeable in the second team, maybe Azlar. But Scarlett has the highest ATK stat at 1005.

Note again the team composition.
Guardian Chameleon for ATK buff, Critical buff, dispel. In my rainbow teams, Guardian Chameleon has been key for a long time. If Wu is co-operative, then the raid doesn’t last long. Actually…
2022-11-11 Raid rainbow laugh

This would be the no real attacker rainbow team focusing on resilience and tile damage.

War is different. As part of a team I try to do what’s best for the team overall. Which includes taking in a possibly overpowered team to do a clean up flip so others may have a better chance at 1-shots. I’m more likely to go in with a 3-2 formation, ideally with a healer in each colour. I reserve one team for my favourite raid team (as above).

But all this is roster dependent as I mentioned. Would I be using costume Rigard as often if I had a 5* healer who has higher stats and does the same and more? No. But I’d imagine I’d be using him and other 4* healers for game modes which exhaust one’s roster (like War of Three Kingdoms).

2 Likes