F2P Pull strategy advice

@Ian487 I totally get where you’re coming from.

Looking at the OP’s roster, I believe I see a thoughtful f2p who has been playing for some time; many months prior to their forum sign up date.

Anyway, especially for f2p/vc2p, we cannot predict the next time we will get a shiny, new 5*/4*.

RNG gonna RNG. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

For some f2p, saving for a 10 or even 30 pull works for them. Me? I’ve only ever done two 10-pulls (1x Guardians, and 1x S4). Both experiences turned me right off ever saving up for a 10-pull again. :rofl:

Basically, it all comes down to RNG/luck at the time of pulling. What may work for some f2p won’t work for others. Every player is different.

In summary, I think both perspectives are valid. And just like it’s a player’s choice whether to spend or not, it’s a player’s choice on how they approach summons. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

In three years+ I’ve got some 5* cards, other than TC20 S1. Mitsuko and Kage from S2, Ratatoskr from S3, none from S4, one event hero, Vanda, and a handfull of HOTM including Frida, Vela, Malosi, Uraeus, Devana, Zulag and Malcina. Also got one costume, Elena’s. None of these came from 10 pulls or hoarded coins, every time I tried such tricks, RNG laughed and revarded me with lots of feeders. Main event was a 35 EHT sesonal pull that got me a third copy of Horghall… All my non S1 heroes came from isolated single pulls or groups of 4 - 5 coin pulls, at best. I’ve been waiting for years for one shiny top hero that never arrived. Well, some were top back in their days, but they either got nerfed or I only got them when they were already absolete… so, my advice for f2p players stands, don’t waste time hoarding, pull as soon as you have the means, whatever event is available, the dissapointment of a failed 10 or even worse 30 pulls that you’ve been hoarding 6 month for is a very unpleasant experience, while a feeder from a single pull will always go unnoticed…

We just don’t see eye to eye on this. Totally fine. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You said:

The way probability and rng works is that each single chance is a still a chance.

Charlie Bucket chose to put his limited resources in buying a Wonka and not a Slugworth bar and, against the odds, in his case he came lucky.

Why not?

1 Like

Math and statistics do not agree with you.

Look, we all pull eventually, and sometimes RNG highrolls. When that happens, if you’re pulling a crap portal and end up with something mediocre, that will haunt you a lot more than any number of pulled feeders.

2 Likes

Of course, you’re right… math and statistics don’t agree with me, I’m aware of that… Unfortunately, reality does…

Wish I’d see that mediocre hero in a high roll of luck… unfortunately, it’s been over three years since I wait for it and guess what?! This kind of optimistic attitude based on math and statistics is exactly the wrong aproach in this here game. The sooner you realise it’s all up to chance, and has nothing to do with math and statistics, but with the number of summons one does, the sooner you can move on from worshiping the summoning gate and enjoy the game. As I’ve written above, all my long awaited and carefully planned 10 pulls and ETH hoardings were sterile, best I got from them over three years was one Horghall, while single or small cluster coin pulls brought me much better heroes and a bunch of HOTM’s. I’ve now long abandoned any form of hoarding or planning, except for not using EHT’s at the regular portal, whose current purpose eludes me… all other summonings are done as soon as available at the first available portal and it worked much better than hoarding and planning.

1 Like

Uhm, afaik reality IS math and statistics…

Yup, it’s all about the chances, or odds, that’s exactly why I’m trying to maximize my limited (compared as p2p players) resources, in order to get the best possible result. And just fyi, I’m not worshipping anything and I’m actually quite enjoying the game (despite the lootboxes :poop:)

I play since oct 2018 (as @SamMe noticed :wink:), one year later I spend few euros on atlantis offers and started hoarding, then I did pulls only on guardians: january 2020 gets me a vela, june gets me chameleon, november glenda and falcon, may jackal (my first one, lol) and yang mai.
In those years I spend total 120-150 €, I stopped and become completerly f2p after my 80th underwild portal, that gives me no hero and a lot of disappointment and frustration.
Then, in the last month, I’ve got Devana from s3 pull (2nd of the portal, only with coins) and I stopped pulling from july, Gefjon from the next Valhalla (again, 2nd pull with coins), and this morning tc20 delivered me Vivica, last s1 hero missing.
Do you call myself lucky? After almost 3 years Gefjon is the only seasonal 5* hero, I still miss Proteo, Almur and even Grevle.
Long story short: RNG is RNG, I believe a better understandings of the odds may lead to a more “relaxed” approach to the game. And let me tell you, you looks obsessed and stressed out by negative pulls, you may consider a little pause from the game, it’s not healthy that way.

2 Likes

Lol chance is math and statistic :roll_eyes:

It does not matter whether you do a ten pull or ten x 1 pull you’ve got the same chance.

But that has nothing to do with what the OP wants.

The OP wants to select portal where he has the more chance to have a hero that will actually improve its offensive roaster based on what he already has.

If you chose to spend all your coins/gems on let’s say the current challenge event instead of for example guardians then he will have 0% chance to improve its attack win rate (outside of VF) while he may have a chance to pull gazelle or Panther that would effectively be a major improvement of its offensive choices

2 Likes

Math and statistics are theory, reality is practice. Math and statistics say I have x% chance to get Y hero. Realirt said I was’n meant to get it. So, excuse me if I don’t give much thought to theoreticals, when three and a half years of reality say otherwise… math and statistics show you what could be, reality shows what was. I’ll take what was, as fact, over what could have been, any day… no amount of math will change the fact that planning and hoarding failed me. I don’t care that X or Y player got lucky. I didn’t! Your aproach is theoretical, mine is facts that can’t be undone. Luck is not subject to math and statistics. Luck is beating them.

You do realize, as f2p, OP’s chances to do that are slim to nill at best, no matter what portal they select, don’t you? All I’m saying, they shouldn’t get their hopes up or bother wasting time by hoarding and planning. If Lady Luck smiles on them, it will be when they least expect, not when they plan…

Which coins are these? but whatever currency you have, I don’t think it’s worth spending til there is a better HotM.

1 Like

Agreed, this one doesn’t look good…

Maybe I’m not discovering America here if i say that you need to pull in the portal that has the biggest amount of attractive heroes to you.

Listen to other opinions or not but this is still your decision only.
Me, for example, I’d concentrate on S3/s4/costumes/ninja . They got many great legendaries and 4*.
Event portals tend to have only one or two really good heroes and they are SUPER difficult to get… I’ve wasted way to many gems trying for a specific one so i don’t recommend this.

1 Like

That’s no fun whatsoever getting a Horghall from many hoarded EHTs. :frowning:

I was in a similar boat until Return to Morlovia last year. Fortunately, my luck did eventually turn after a long time playing (two years and 10+ months playing to be exact :exploding_head:).

Just sharing my experience. Many times I hoarded EHTs for seasonal events. And yes, many times I failed to get a seasonal 5* or HOTM… It all started to change on 1 November last year, when I got Vanda from my first saved EHT…

I do think you are being realistic @Ian487. Still, I’m adding you to my hoping for a shiny new hero soon-ish list. It’s mainly a list of forum folk that just keeps growing :crazy_face:. :four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

My summoning luck changed unexpectedly, and I believe it can happen for other players. Just varying degrees of luck ofc. :sweat_smile:

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: Thanks, I also got Vanda, but it had nothing to do with hoarding and planning. I did not skip any seasonal planning to store EHT’s in order to get Vanda. I just used my available tokens and there she was. That’s what I’m saying, luck isn’t a slave to math or statistics of any kind. There are two ways to get a hero. One, you get lucky and two, you keep buying gems until you do. The rest is wishful thinking…

It is completely governed by probability. Please try some very, very basic research.

I try to be realistic with a dash of hope for summons. Happy to spread some positivity on the forum (when it is appropriate) too. :wink:

I never expect much from summons. If someone had told me that I’d only have one HOTM for literally three years playing, I’d quit a long time ago.

And guess who my second HOTM was? It was Reuben. :rofl: I definitely felt underwhelmed. You know what? After Salmon Loki got released, I felt a little better about having Reuben. :rofl:

I have no control towards my summoning luck. I choose to let myself feel any disappointment, and laugh in the moment, or at a later time.

It’s a game. It’s something we should enjoy.

Now, please tell me how one might get a medal. A dragon is more than enough. Ofc I’d still happily welcome a medal or cow. :wink:

No idea, it sort of just appeared there one day… must have been something I said… :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

Ooh, a “mystery” medal then. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The HotM is the most probable 5* to summon. If you are f2p I would only summon if:
-you like the actual HotM
-you like/need the majority of the 5* from the portal.

I would stop summoning if I got a 5* especially the HotM and save the coins for the next month. With this method you avoid duplicate HotM and maximize the chances getting usable heroes. With this method I got every HotM since Reuben, except Bertila. I dont wanted her and did not do any summons in January.

Happy gaming

1 Like