F2P players - how are you doing on 4* ascension mats? + my 10 months of play recount

But hey, if I want a €*#%ing tonic, I can spend a hundred dollars.

3 Likes

The way I looked at how the interpret the recent results is… Sure, loot and chests could contain Ascension materials, they (meaning SGG and E&P) just didn’t specify whether they are farmable or unfarmable ascension materials. :stuck_out_tongue:.

Sword / Backpacks are Ascension Materials too, so to them, they are technically not wrong.

I’ve not seen a 4 star ascension item outside of rare quests in 2 months. The 3 star rare materials have also slowed down. I’m tired of the disappointment from every chest and from every titan. I’m getting burned out. My draws haven’t been so hot lately either.

I’m not F2P; I’ve been playing very actively for 2.5 months, and I’ve bought most of the $20/$30 offers with gems and ascension materials since I’ve started, VIP, and a few other deals, averaging around $50 per month. I might continue at this level, or my spending might taper off at some point; I’m not sure yet…but I can see that buying more epic/event/elemental hero 10-pulls will be giving me less real return on investment

I do track my purchases, and I’ve bought three 4* ascension items. I don’t track where my mats come from otherwise, but my inventory shows I’ve got a total of 18 now (And I haven’t done the final stage of Shiloh yet, so that will make 19. (I’ve not done the final ascension on a 5* yet, but Delilah is ready once I get these darts and two more.)

I’ve been lucky, and I made a good fraction of my luck. I stumbled into a good alliance starting out with a core of ~10 people that were level 20~30, ready to kill 5* titans, and I’ve grown with the alliance; today saw our first 9* titan (had to let it go).

I’ve also paid enough for a good roster of 4* and a few 5* heroes early, (I’ve had good pulls) and have had the power to finish stage 4 of my first rare quest, and have completed stages 4 and 5 ever since. I also completed my first event in beginner, and my second in all three levels.

For the last month, I’ve been accelerating monster chests with gems, so I fill more, and should be getting more elemental chests. (I haven’t bothered to track them)

My completely uninformed guess is that free 4* ascension items have always been rare and hard to get, and that really hasn’t changed since December, @Ellilea . There are many low probability opportunities at getting them in the game…how many ascension items (including farmables) have you had in normal monster chests, raid chests, mystic visions, elemental chests, and titan loot chests over 10 months? I’m guessing hundreds, of which you got three hits. That is a recipe for wide variations in random luck, with long good or bad streaks being very common. And it sounds like yours has been pretty bad. Sorry to hear that.

What has changed is new ways to buy 4* ascension items. I saw the spring deals where you could buy them, and I think winter deals were similar, but that was the first such offers were seen. The 9750 :gem: offers seem to be new since spring, 'tho I wasn’t playing before that.

Im F2P i get ascension items from titan some time.

I started playing on the 17th of December and I’m completely F2P.
ATM I have 10 4* heroes (3 ascended) and only 1 5* (HoTM Alasie).
My ascension mats have come mostly from rare quests, although I got some of them from rare/titan chests.

I started on the exact sme date, I’ve spent little money (~15€) that did not bring me any AM.
Here’s what I got:

1 Like

Wow, you got pretty lucky!

I have found that the drop rate seems to go in circles. I had a very dry spell with hardly anything.
But I. The last 3 weeks have got 1 scope 1 dart and 2 tonics so I am happy with that.
And most in my alliance find similar. So we just plod along knowing that they come around in turn. The above doenot count the rare quests

Counting drop rates from titans should include ALL of the alliance members, not just one. Is there a high ascension item almost all the time and you simply do not know it?

Opened 9 elemental chest ( since i started tracking loot drop, late april ), no 4s mats.This is insanely unlucky or what?

4s mats from titan, one in 2 months.(been getting that 3 roll slots)

Got rings and tomes exclusively from rare quests.

I thought it would be fun to go through all my ascended heroes and calculate how many of each ascension item I’ve had since I started playing. Here are the results, including unused materials:

14 months of playing
Spent about $200 - $250 US in that time

42 Fine Gloves
49 Compass
8 Damascus Blade
8 Tome of Tactics
44 Hidden Blade
44 Warm Cape
30 Sturdy Shield
47 Orb of Magic
36 Trap Tools
14 Mystic Rings
17 Farsight Telescope
11 Mysterious Tonic
14 Poison Darts
13 Royal Tabard

My heroes and mats are keeping pace quite nicely.

I’ve got four 4* at top ascension, one awaiting leveling to top ascension and four awaiting mats, although two more pairs of gloves will get two of those finished.

My C2P alt account has never purchased a mat. Fortunately he’s in a strong alliance that regularly takes 10*, sometimes 11* titans. I have not yet used any 4* mats. Since New Years, when I started, I’ve gotten:

5 Damascus blades
3 Tomes of tactics
5 Farsight telescopes
5 Mysterious tonics
5 Mystic rings
4 Poison darts
6 Royal tabards

My alt account… similarly no purchased mats and we take out 4/5* titans and I am very, very bad about completing chests. I started this one around new year’s. Also, up till recently, I couldn’t finish the final stages of rare quests due to lack of motivation (no 5* heroes).

3 Damascus blades
3 Tomes of tactics
4 Farsight telescopes
4 Mysterious tonics
3 Mystic rings
2 Poison darts
3 Royal tabards

In the same time frame, I have received 16 4* heroes from TC13 and free tokens. I almost have enough food storage to start a TC20… 5*s here we come!

A F2P 2-monther here, may seem like a very little thing but it may prove helpful, because:

Created 20 side logins to get my free VIP + gems, leveled them to 10, decided to keep them help vs titans. Mentioning that all to explain why I considered developing and leveling those logins a bit. That came with multiple titan chest openings, about 10 elemental chests on different logins, and many mystic visions. So to summarize - got quite a lot of unfarmable ascension mats, most 3*, several 4*, and all came from different locations, however not a single login got enough to ascend a hero, however it’s still 20 days for those logins to exist in the first place. I’ve heard rumors that the drop % of unfarmable ascension mats was higher in the years before but can’t compare it myself. From almost all elemental chests on all different logions got at least one unfarmable ascension mat of 3*, several even dropped two 3* or a 4* and a 3* mat. Hope this helps with the statistics. I guess that the RNJesus is all there is to blame for your poor results, @Ellilea. But as it is with all games, the developers reward those that spend most money to encourage them to spend even more. The question here is: why do you play? Is it because you want to be at the top of the rankings? Or is it because you want to have fun. If it’s the first, then you probably need to spend a lot, and be a really good tactician, but spending a lot is a must since it provides you with the resources (5* unique heroes, large quantities of ascension mats and emblems fast) to win any raid. But if you play to have fun, then just focus on what you have even if that means leveling one of each color hero in a year. I always thought that it’s the journey that counts. Personally, if I had to give tons of real money to be on top of a virtual game, then it’s not me or my skill and brain who’s winning that - it’s mostly the money I have invested. Now where’s the fun in that?

1 Like