F2P players - how are you doing on 4* ascension mats? + my 10 months of play recount

Question: How many 4star ascension items are you getting nowadays? Do you see a drop compared to the last year?

I’m a sporadic spender, I bought two or three of the better offers when I started playing and a VIP pass after it came out. Nowadays I may buy the event 200 gem mini-offers.

I don’t buy ascension items. And I’ve realized that since January (5 months) I have received three 4* ascension items that didn’t come from the Rare Quest. Two Damascus Blades and one Telescope.

• I haven’t seen any in Elemental Chests.
  • I haven’t seen any from the titans aside of 1 blade (and we’ve been killing 10* titans for a while, now with 11* in the mix).
  • I have seen one item from a monster chest (the Telescope).
  • And Mystic Vision provided me with the other Damascus Blade.
  • Certainly haven’t seen any from AW lol. We won majority of them.

It just seems to like the item flow became stupidly slim ever since the “Winter Calendar” and the following trend of more and more paid offers where you get 4* ascension mats. They used to be what “guarded” the p2w vs f2p balance, but with that tactic that’s no longer a valid point.

Just look how common is the 9000 gems offer now! And I’ve no doubt Summer Calendar is on the way.

Getting one of each ascension material only through the Rare Quest is possible every what? 2 months? Which means it would literally take one year of playing for a F2P player to ascend ONE 5* hero of a given color.

Wonder how many sporadic spenders will be buying gems to roll for heroes they cannot ascend unless they pay even more for offers? (which small spenders won’t likely do).

Maybe it’s just my luck of the draw - that’s why I’m asking - but it seems like a really crappy trend from where I’m sitting.

Without f2p players/sporadic spenders this game will die, and when they feel no progress they will leave.

There is a difference between slow, but engaging, advancement and waiting FOR A YEAR for something in a game, especially with AW requiring the use of thirty heroes.

I like this game, I like my alliance, therefore I whine. Don’t give me “go play something else”. If I didn’t care for the game I wouldn’t bother complaining.

9 Likes

I’ve got this stuff below plus some trap tools and warm capes. I’ve been playing 100% f2p for three months and have five 4* characters at or near 3’60. Currently Rigard is the only one I can get to the top as I need another cape and dagger for othets, but I’m not stressed about it (yet).

I also noticed this drop since the december calendar. Although I did not write it down like you, I noticed mainly because I play since last september, and had no problem ascending some 5* around january. But I created an alt in December, that despite a placing well against 7* for last 3 months and doing as I do, is stuck with barely a couple of 4* ascension items and 2 suck 5*

I’ve been playing since October last your and it took me that long to get ONE 5* hero. So it is “balanced” with an income of ascension mats. :sunglasses:

I started playing since January of this year, so I don’t have any data prior to that. Most of my 4* Ascension Materials have come from Mystic Visions, random chests (monster or elemental), and rare quests where I can get a break on getting a good board on the final stage. My latest result was 2 Dragonian Wizards blasting me with Toxic Trap one after the other after my long cascade of combos filled their mana and immediately wasted 3 of my 5 heroes (including my healer) and I finally ran out of battle items to continue. Do I want to pay 75 Gems to continue? I chose no. But heck, at least I got the 3* Ascension Material, which is basically what my more immediate needs are.

The odds were never really in my favor.

Sounds like I spend about the same as you.

Sounds about right, My records back to 17 Apr for 4* are

2018-04-25 Farholme Quests Damascus Blade
2018-05-02 Mt Umber Quests Mystic Rings
2018-05-14 Titan X Titan Mystic Rings
2018-05-17 Frostmarch Quests Farsight Scope
2018-05-19 Titan 8/X Titan Poison Darts
2018-05-25 Farholme Quests Tome

These are really nice drops you got here, Devil! :slight_smile:

Not since forever. My 4* mats come pretty much exclusively from rare missions. Speaking of which, when the hell is Shiloh Desert coming? Feels like it’s been long ago.

I’m not completely F2P, I buy the VIP, 5x200 offer, and some of the other small ones. I’ve never purchased any that bring 4* ascension items. I have been playing for about 10 months myself.

Damascus Blade x 6
Tome of Tactics x7
Telescopes x10
Mysterious Tonic x6
Mystic Rings x10
Poison Darts x9
Royal Tabard x10

So I am able to do a full rainbow team and a second for a few other elements.

I have more 3* ascension mats than I can use.

Just a few more days for Shiloh :slightly_smiling_face: , I have to wait on Shrikewood for Lianna final tonic - a few more weeks

Here are my non-purchased 4 * items since I started tracking March 1 across two accounts.

7DD spending account

Date Item Star Color Source
3/1/2018 Mystic Rings 4 Red Rare Quest
3/11/2018 Mysterious Tonic 4 Green Rare Quest
3/21/2018 Farsight Telescope 4 Blue Rare Quest
3/21/2018 Mystic Rings 4 Red Titan Loot
3/25/2018 Tome of Tactics 4 None Raid Chest - Diamond
3/30/2018 Poison Darts 4 Yellow Titan Loot
3/31/2018 Tome of Tactics 4 None Rare Quest
4/2/2018 Mystic Rings 4 Red Titan Loot
4/7/2018 Tome of Tactics 4 None Raid Chest - Diamond
4/7/2018 Poison Darts 4 Yellow Rare Quest
4/16/2018 Royal Tabard 4 Purple Rare Quest
4/17/2018 Mystic Rings 4 Red Titan Loot
4/21/2018 Farsight Telescope 4 Blue Titan Loot
4/24/2018 Damascus Blade 4 None Rare Quest
4/30/2018 Farsight Telescope 4 Blue Titan Loot
5/2/2018 Mystic Rings 4 Red Rare Quest
5/9/2018 Mysterious Tonic 4 Green Rare Quest
5/9/2018 Farsight Telescope 4 Blue Monster Chest
5/11/2018 Tome of Tactics 4 None Elemental Chest
4/10/2018 Mysterious Tonic 4 Green Titan Loot
5/15/2018 Mysterious Tonic 4 Green Titan Loot
5/17/2018 Farsight Telescope 4 Blue Rare Quest
5/20/2018 Tome of Tactics 4 None Raid Chest - Diamond
5/24/2018 Tome of Tactics 4 None Rare Quest

24 Total: 11 rare quest, 3 raid chest diamond, 8 titan loot (10-14 star titans), 1 Monster chest, 1 elemental chest.

Insurrectionist low spending account

Date Item Star Color Source
3/1/2018 Mystic Rings 4 Red Rare Quest
3/11/2018 Mysterious Tonic 4 Green Rare Quest
3/13/2018 Farsight Telescope 4 Blue Titan Chest
3/19/2018 Tome of Tactics 4 None Raid Chest - Platinum
3/21/2018 Farsight Telescope 4 Blue Rare Quest
3/26/2018 Mysterious Tonic 4 Green Titan Loot
3/31/2018 Tome of Tactics 4 None Rare Quest
4/7/2018 Poison Darts 4 Yellow Rare Quest
4/16/2018 Royal Tabard 4 Purple Rare Quest
4/24/2018 Damascus Blade 4 None Rare Quest
4/29/2018 Farsight Telescope 4 Blue Mystic Vision
5/2/2018 Mystic Rings 4 Red Rare Quest
5/3/2018 Damascus Blade 4 None Titan Loot
5/9/2018 Mysterious Tonic 4 Green Rare Quest
5/9/2018 Farsight Telescope 4 Blue Titan Loot
5/17/2018 Farsight Telescope 4 Blue Rare Quest
5/25/2018 Tome of Tactics 4 None Rare Quest

17 Total: 11 Rare Quest, 3 Titan Loot, 1 Titan Chest, 1 Raid chest platinum, 1 Mystic Vision

Titan loot seems to be the main difference (99% of 10-14 stars vs 80% of 8-10 stars) and 2 more from diamond chest vs platinum.

1 Like

The drip of mats in my first 5 months was slow but reasonable (aside of Telescopes… f* Telescopes). It’s the 2nd five that made me wonder if it hadn’t been choked.

But looking at what some of you guys post, I might just be being paranoid and simply not having drop luck since I’ve been getting garbage from titans all the time for 5 months lol :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

That being said, still very much not a fan of the continuous stream of offers with 4* mats. And it is a stream at this moment.

1 Like

Most of the mats i got were from rare quests aside from a tabbard from mystic vision and a damascus blade from titan loot, i currently have 2 rings 1 tonic, 2 tabbards, 1 telescope, 3 damascus blades and 3 tomes of tactics

days, or minutes… :slight_smile:

guess i’ll get darts today shiloh just appeared in the quest map :slight_smile:

It’s incredibly frustrating. The game is most certainly heavily slanted toward those who pay (and pay big) to win, and it only gets more obvious the more you play and the closer you get to the top of the standings.

And to add insult to injury, the folks who spend the most—the ones spending not 20s or even a few hundred on the game, but thousands and tens of thousands of dollars—are rewarded with even more rare heroes and precious ascension items with the reward structure of the game’s “events.”

Strategically, there is very little that can be done to overcome the disparity. You can win here or there with perseverance and careful planning, but the overwhelming tide favors the spenders, unquestionably, and the more you spend the better.

Everyone else gets scraps.

1 Like

It’s always a bit risky comparing yourselves to the top 100. It’s possible to be in an alliance that matches your team’s level so that you can enjoy collective victory and progression. But f2p is definitely for the patient!

1 Like

The game will need new players when the current top 100 decide to quit, i just hope SG has taken that into account, i think most people at least like the idea of being able to compete as f2p

292 days
Method: quest farm, complete last stage’s event, luck with chest & titan’s loot

Asides from M.vision, where I’ve seen a drop, my average unfarmable’s incomes is unchanged.

1 Like

This was my third rare chest in a row with nothing but crap. Once upon a time, these seemed all but guaranteed to give ascension materials…

imageimageimage

Cookie Settings