F2P Leaderboard

I love this game and have been playing for around 5 months now. I’m F2P and this game really suits the way I like to play games. As much as saying this will blow some of your minds, I love the massive grind of endless 1* and 2* heroes and the ridiculously low chances of getting high level heroes/ascension items. Without that challenge I would get bored. Difficulty keeps me interested and the feeling of excitement and achievement are incredible when something of low chance comes off. I pulled my first ever 5* hero last month and got Gregorian after a long grind to save 300 gems. Yes it was ridiculously lucky but wow did it feel good. There is no doubt that there is a massive difference in the playing style, tactics, and success with F2P and P2P. I think it’s a really cool feature on the leaderboards that you can see where you stand locally as well as globally and often I wonder where I would stand among other F2P players. An option for a F2P leaderboard and P2P leaderboard would be super cool. I don’t even know if would be possible, but once any kind of purchase had been made, you could no longer be on the F2P leaderboard. I, myself, have nearly succumbed to spending some as I’ve enjoyed the game so much but I’ve stuck to my guns and glad I did. I do realise that from the devs point of view, this would reward F2P behaviour (not ideal for a business) but I definitely think that most of the time, your mind is made up before you play a game whether or not you will spend .

How are there no comments on here? This is the best idea I’ve heard in a long time, and I’m surprised it’s gone unnoticed.

It’s surprisingly similar to an idea I’ve been thinking about. For starters, particularly in the current game, (late 2021) almost no one gets to the top of the leaderboard by spending no money, lol. This is a pay to win game. So, what that means on a practical level is that our current leaderboards reward skill + money spent (whatever other factors might be in there). I really don’t think that statement is going to be all that controversial in this game, honestly.

Why not have the leaderboard “take into account” the amount of money you’ve spent on the game, and adjust your standings accordingly? Yeah, you lose a little more than the player “Bob” (as an example), but he’s also spent thousands more than you, so we can adjust that a little.

I mean, I’ve heard a lot of players complain about the prices, and the epically low summons rate. This seems to result in a turnover among players, with many quitting the game. Keep em the same, just give us a leaderboard that makes sense instead.

Currently, our mess of a leaderboard tells you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT THE GAME. It certainly won’t tell you who the most skilled and “best” players are.

3 Likes

You have wonderful self-control and patience, Bae : )
I am certain you’re going to have lots of success with your play style, so keep it up. But don’t beat yourself up if you accidentally fat thumbed a purchase : D

Have a beautiful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Bae’s last post was three years ago. They’re either too busy grinding to peruse the forums or have moved on.

2 Likes

:+1: ima f2p myself. Give credits to those who grind hard without spending $$$ :grin:

you know, you could always host one on this forum

How would I calculate the money spent portion for the leaderboard? Thoughts?

You could make it $0 spent and keep it simple?

A FTP vs CTP vs PTP leaderboard also won’t show you who the most “skilled” players are. You can be a very lucky FTP and a very unlucky PTP - I have seen both.

Probably the closest you could get to accurately gauging “skill” is by having leaderboards based on the number of maxed 5*s you have - but even then there is a level of disparity based on bias towards S1 heroes vs HOTMs vs S2 vs S3 vs S4 vs event heroes etc.

The raiding leaderboard is probably not the best way to go, anyway. War results are far more reflective of skill level and to a large extent factor in your level relative to the levels of the defenses you are facing. So someone in a low level alliance with a small number of heroes scoring 250 average is probably about as skilled as someone scoring 250 average in a top 50 alliance, irrespective of the spend amount and heroes obtained.

Cookie Settings