F2P Gems to increase hero capacity – is expanding my roster a good place to spend gems?

I’m 50 days in, SH13 cranking out my 3* plus picked up one 4*(Kelile). I spent my first 300 gems on an elemental summon to get my first green 3*. I’m now sitting on >600. Planning on saving up to 2600 and using them in an event summon. The problem I’m running into is that I’m usually having to level heroes with only 7-8 1-2* heroes of the same color due to still only having a capacity of 55. It seems like spending the 50 gems to increase capacity would be worth it and should only set me back a few days. Is it worth the gems? Also do the free gems the game gives you drop off or increase over time? At the current rate I’m averaging 18 gems a day.

Spending gems to increase your hero capacity is the best value in the game, I think. 50 for 5 slots is very cheap. Later it costs 100 for 5 slots, then 150 for 5 slots. Maybe the cost continues to increase; I’ll tell you when I know.

Free gems increase over time as you kill higher level Titans, open higher tier raid chests, and can complete gem quests. I’m sorry that I can’t remember how many I averaged per day, last time I tracked it - at least 40? My brain is mush but that’s the number it’s telling me.

5 Likes

Thanks Brobb

20 characters

1 Like

I agree. Your first 5 purchases of roster space are 50 gems each (total of 25 slots). Each 5 after that the cost increases by 50 gems. Well worth the price.

1 Like

Thanks NPNKY

20 characters

1 Like

Yes, super smart, I agree with everyone here. I did the 50 and 100 gem ones. Not quite ready to spend the 150 per and I don’t need it at the moment.

1 Like

I just bought my 5th slot increase for 150 gems, next tier is 200 gems.

At my lvl I have 65 hero capacity
25 at the 50 gems tier
25 at the 100 gems tier
25 at the 150 gems tier
So total 140 roster

If you plan to do 10-20 pulls per month, then I recommend at least buying the 5 x 50 gems and the 5 x 100 gems.

You don’t have to second guess whether to eat a 3*/4*, also you’ll be collecting trainers. Save these in your roster until the final lvls in tier4… The ham cost is excessive, so they’ll be taking up some of your roster capacity.

As for feeding your heroes, it was difficult to max 3* heroes skills before they were fully ascended but now the % to increase skill is 5x once a hero is maxed.
So valen getting fed a blue 1* is normally 2% chance but once maxed, the same 1* will have a 10% chance for skill raise.

I mention this because it’s not as relevant whether you feed 10 at a time or single feeding. Just try to feed the same color for the 20% increase in experience vs off color feeding.

1 Like