F2p/c2p/p2w/casual/competitive

Say around 7k give or take for that many views per day. They make that in minutes during any event, good sale, good promo. If 1 million spent .99 cent then you have just crushed that number already so no ad revenue is not what you people try to make it out to be.

I am fairly sure that most of the FTP are established adults, paying mortgages… and yes even have children.

I enjoy being FTP and doing well, placing top 100 in raid tournaments 3 and 4 star, well within the top 50 in rare and epic events many times, top 5 global rank.

How many gems have I spent on the summon portal in two years…? ZERO. I just save them. The fact that I can do well enough to wipe the floor with the competition gives me EXTREME satisfaction. It’s being the underdog, starting a game of chess a rook down, giving someone a head start in a race, and when you win, it’s certainly feels good.

I daresay it similar to the pride you feel when you started off with nothing and became successful in business and life. That is what it means to be FTP, work hard, and then do well.

I see this new generation of gamers spending to get an advantage over other non spending or less spending gamers and I cringe. That is not competition of skill and is not how competitive games should be played or determined.

4 Likes

Well said but I dont see it the same way you do, yes some people spend to get ahead but others spend so as not to be grouped with people they dont want to be around, just like getting a house in a neighborhood where your car wont be missingnqhen I wake up in the morning. Division is not always a bad thing, and it is messed up that people have to pay to find the proper division but games like overwatch suffer severely when it comes to being free and no division and you get phrases like elo hell which literally means a bunch of people in the same area who cant agree on anything causing one another to be stuck in the same place and thus no one is happy about it.

@DoctorStrange, only 60 hours a week?? Jeez I wouldn’t know what to do with all the free time :wink:

You make a very good point. This whole “mini-transactions” thing kinda snuck up on me. I preferred the “buy a game, get good or get lost” way. If you got stuck on that boss, tough, you couldn’t just look up 22.5 ways to beat it, you figured it out…with a lot of aggravation but also a great feeling of achievement when you did.

Now that everything in the world is “instant” why not games. You can buy an instant team, buy the best weapons (with a whole lot of RNG mixed in) and basically become a MLG overnight. Why work for it when mom will buy it because she loves me?

With this game you can buy a lot of things, but you still need to put the work in. Leveling your bought team still take a heck of a leveling process and the right AM’s (which you can buy occasionally). But you can’t buy skill or brains, and that’s the deciding factor that attracts me to this game.

Of course it will only get worse in the future as business push for larger profits. So I don’t expect things to change for the better.

3 Likes

Thnx @PapaHeavy I am not fond of the lootbox generation either but it is what it is injust wish someone would stop avoiding the one question I have asked repeatedly and that’s why isn’t ok to have expansion and the lot in other games which literally separates players from content, yet if its offered here there is an uproar. Call of duty u dont buybthe new maps you cant play them, but the base game is free, same with destiny and many more MMORPG. If they can make me understand how this is acceptable and has been for over 15 years now why is their s cry of fowl when its offered in this one.

1 Like

MMORPG and FPS games are famous for their DLC and new expansions.
You pay for it and you can reasonably earn every single item that are included into it given enough time and effort, putting players at ease knowing that in the end they could get what they want with their efforts alone.

So if this were the question it weren’t very fitting as here you would have access at every single content of the game without paying albeit having very few chances to earn what you want as guaranteed hero rewards are limited to the 1st events tiers.

But still, this isn’t the point. Financing a game without breaking the balance is possible as it could be shown by famous games that mainly sells skins (with no additional effects).

1 Like

I really wish you would check your spelling when posting. English is not my native language and it is sometimes really difficult to figure out what you are trying to say.

1 Like

Sorry big thumbs plus little phone keyboard equals plenty of typos. Will gladly go back and edit. Sorry to have offended you as such

1 Like

But you are missing the point, if you dont buy it you still get the core game to play. You however dont get to play any of the quests or missions that they made for heroes at the top of the spectrum. Same with big raids, if you have limited skill bad gameplay people will not allow you in their parties to raid dungeons meaning you have no chance to get this gear.

If you dont buy the map packs in a fps and your friend does he is limited to only playing the core maps, however if he wants to play more he can not team with you and you can still play the other maps you enjoy.

Expecting all these heroes to come out and them not have a plan for endgame with these heroes is naive to say the least and adding pay content is not new to the gaming world in anyway.

Yes you can complete and play it with time and effort but you still have to purchase the expansion. To say people here would not be happier purchasing something with garunteed rewards upon effort versus this not garunteed no matter what effort % crap?

I’m not offended at all. I just want to understand what you are trying to say :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Case and point add ins to games for a fee are not uncommon and I would rather pay and know what I’m getting versus a constant hope of something. They could easily add in some long quests with multiple objectives and upon completion you get said 5* they could do that monthly with the hero avaiable changing each month. That would fairly reward FTP and you know what would happen, they would complain about how hard completing the requirements for it would be.

And those games have to be purchase first, played on a system or computer that had to be purchased, and run on electricity and internet that has to be paid for…soooo what are you saying exactly?

Again with the skill’s talk… like if raids would set high skill requirements.
Yes, if you don’t buy the maps you can’t play them and this is expected in that kind of games.

Are you under the impression that this is a FPS or MMORPG game?

And as a naive thing pretty much no one expect to get all the E&P’s heroes.
For DLC game is another matter.

No, what you are trying to say…
Seems like we have a language barrier here. Are we still talking about the competitive aspect of E&P or about other games?

1 Like

We are talking about pay content in free to play games that allow other players to play something for a fee. That is what I’m referencing yet you keep jumping all around it. Everytime the word pay to do something gets said everyone freaks out like it’s some new thing.

Silly me, I should have just asked if you were talking about E&P in this E&P’s forum.
Well, I think that in this case I’ll just untrack this topic as I don’t have interest on discussing about

"

"

1 Like

Path of valor pay content e&p. Yep still same game you were talking about

This is not an MMORPG game where a whale can ruin your game experience killing you preventing from loot, slowing your level or stealing your roster. So there is no need to complain against other kind of players unless you see they re ruining their economy or cheating.

I Focus on myself, learn from others, and share y nice and bad experiences. Everyone probably have enough nuissances in real life to seek here for more.

3 Likes

Seems like you can’t let you own topic flow, directly replying to me… someone uninterested in it.
Yes, I talked about Path of Valor as he could harm a F2P’s competitive aspect of the game.

And not because it could cost money, or it would have being in topic to talk about summons, offers, V.I.P. pass and everything you could buy with cash.

I tought that this were the topic as it’s title were F2p/c2p/p2w/casual/competitive and not “let’s talk about what I want” as long I feel to have the reason to do it.

Lmao at no point have I said I want anything other than fairness for all the FTP/C2P/P2W/Casual/Competitive and for them to find whatever means is necessary so that people can find the area they belong too and SG to make sure ALL classes of players feel like they are being thought of. Catering to one economy while neglecting the others everytime someon cries fowl is what this topic was all about, you chose the delve into antidotes and yes I spoke on them as they all pertain to ALL GROUPS of players having something be it pay/free whatever as long as it’s fair. If ftp can do path of valor for free there is nothing wrong with someone wanting a challenge for a Fee to EARN better stuff as you have reinterated quite a few times. no worries though I understand your stance and you are entitled to it just like everyone else here. Thanks for your time

Well said Peazomanco nothing going on in the upper ranks is bothering the players in the lower and vice versa. Those guys that spent tons of money deserve the same treatment as everyone else.