Extremely low chance on drawing 5* event heroes

I spent a lot of gems. A LOT. Almost 45.000 gems. Most of them 2600 best value so around 150 draws. Just to see if I can get a 5* from the event.

RESULT: 0

I do consider this a major issue on the random hero generation algorithm or a greediness I have never seen in any game until now.

For those 45.000 gems I spent almost 500 Euro and as I said 0 succes. From a draw of 168 Heroes I got no 5* Event Hero. Does it worth to try it in the future? NO.

My draw:
3 HOTM, Gravemaker
1 5* Marjana
8 (EIGHT) 4* Gretel from event
1 4* Hansel from event
37 4* Heroes
121 3* Heroes

I feel your pain silex - my first 540 event pulls (spread across 5 months, twice each of pirates, guardians, and Avalon) had only Guardian Kong and Owl as event 5s, both unplayable. No kestrel or Locke, no panther, no Guin or Arthur or Morgan. That’s the curse of small % chance.

But you are not alone.

Now I have a strict monthly budget (well I did before but it was bigger. Now that I have most of the standard heroes, lots of pulls doesn’t have a lot of value for the $).

I agree, summoning algorithm is the biggest flaw of the game.

I agree. In some games they are doing pesudo random where the drawing chance increased till drawing is considered successful

Agree, really a pain. Spend lots of money (gems) to get 5* heroes then receive 3* such as Graymane. Farout!! I already received Graymane TWICE before! Maybe not worth playing the game anymore. Seems to me we are fools paying for something we have a-snowball-in-hell-of-a-chance to get. Instead of making the game fun for the players, the creators show that they are only money hungry.

Normal person / player of E&P reads this: “■■■■ man. That sucks.”

SG employee reads this: “hahahaha sucker!!” screeching tires as they drive away in Ferrari

It definitely can be frustrating.

I think SG has nerfed the drop rate on 5* heroes…very frustrating.

I think it’s all about time. If you do a 10x and don’t get one stop and quit doing a 10x summon. Spread it out during the entire month

Event heroes are only available these 3 days… you can’t spread all month

I was referring to doing the 10 X summons not just for this event

superstitions, if the summons are bad, then they’re bad

Proposal: Fix the odds in event summon or Provide a way to use duplicate heroes, especially 4* and HOTM

Try spending 900 dollars to get red hood and coming up empty.

This is outrageous!

Support this:

I don’t know how Empires & Puzzles work, but many other gacha games have a rate up which gives an increased chance of drawing event units from the event banner. Of course, the chance of drawing a 5* or equivalent is still small, but there’s atleast a bigger chance that you’ll draw event units.

To me it seems like SG just adds a few more event heroes to the common drawing pool, which in turn gives crap odds of drawing an event hero. If that’s the case… it’s BAD.

Did 6x10 pulls no luck for 5* Event Hero. Got only 1x Gretel, 3x Hansel and 2 Gravemaker

If you bet on something you don’t know the chance to win, then it’s your fault.
Sorry man.

Do we know the odds? Did SG finally publish it?

Nope, and thats exactly the point.
He choose (and many others) to invest in that even if we don’t know anything.

Can’t complain if we don’t get what we want.

This is a feature, not a bug. Unlike most other games, spending money in E&P does not guarantee you a powerful team. Of course you’d expect to do better the more money you spent, but there is a chance you’ll be unlucky and flush your money.

Similarly, F2P players can get lucky, and grinders can grind their way to a good team. Being a big spender gives you a better chance of developing a powerful team, but it does not guarantee it.

This is one of the best aspects of the game, I think. Certainly it’s what has kept me playing for more than a year, F2P, and I have heard similar things from other F2P players: in E&P we can stay competitive. I suspect it’s also one of the things that makes the game profitable - those who can be tempted to risk money summoning heroes can probably be tempted to risk a little more if the first summons fails. And a little more. And a little more.

I’d be entirely behind E&P revealing the chances of success for each pull. It seems just a tad shady for them to keep the underlying odds secret - it leans a little towards the unethical and exploitative. But if what really rots your jocks is the fact that one can’t simply buy success in this game, then I have no sympathy for you.

There are plenty of games in which you can just buy success - go play them. This game has earned millions of players (and millions in profits) by departing from that paradigm and making players rely on the goodwill of the Gods of Randomness. Sometimes they love you and sometimes they hate you. If you can’t handle that then E&P is not for you.