Explanation of Game Boredom

:rofl:

Sadly, there are actually people in this game who do enjoy wasting money on pulls and climbing up the ninja tower (why exactly? I don’t know, perhaps they intend to jump off the top of it at the end?)

I’ve gone pretty much full on casual in this game. Anything that isn’t worth the grind to me, I do not do.

Raids? Well let’s see. I can either attempt to revenge raid a bunch of people who are out of my league, or spend a bunch of hams rerolling for an “easy” match, so that I can raid some poor unsuspecting lower level player who was just minding their own business (and run the risk of them revenge raiding me later for twice as many cups)

Raid tournaments? LOL if it’s a 3 star tournament, everyone I face is going to have stacks of non-vanilla, 20 emblemed 3 stars with maxed 2 star troops… I’ll never forget the time I was in a 3* tourney, with my 2400ish TP team, and I rolled an opponent that was I think around 3k TP… with only 3* heroes??? Da hell? How did you get up to 3k TP with only 3* heroes???

Same if it’s a 4* only or a 5* only. No reds, no healing, whatever, makes no difference. Every limitation that is supposed to prevent the top players from winning all the time, only makes it even easier for them to win all the time. Oh and to boot - if they do happen to lose 4 of their raids, all they have to do is pony up a few gems to stay in the fight. But this game isn’t pay to win at all, is it? Noooo of course not.

Events with reward tiers based on timed score rankings, same. Of course those who can afford to both (a) buy all the best heroes AND (b) buy unlimited quantities of battle items and refill flasks, they’re going to have the natural advantage every time. “Ugh bad board that time, I’ll just do it again until I get a perfect board for the top score.”

Titans. Higher level titans and higher level scores on titans are supposed to have better loot? Not always the case. But even when it does work out like that… you’re having to what, set a personal alarm every time a new titan appears to make sure you hit with every possible flag? Use 10 battle items to kill the titan, and only get back enough resources to craft 2 more in your loot? Join an alliance that promises “better titans, better loot”, then get kicked out because you missed one flag or got a couple of bad boards?

Etc. etc.

Main fun in this game comes from being part of a good team. Lacking that, I likely would have uninstalled this game a long, long time ago.

5 Likes

I don’t think boredom needs to be explained. If one feels that the game is not fun anymore, the only logical thing to do is quit the game and move on. I love the people in my alliance, who some of them I am with for over 2 years. But they are not enough to keep me in the game. I’d rather rekindle old friendships since I had mingled with them in real life and in person.

2 Likes

Hit the nail on the head mate. Only reason I’m on the game is my alliance and friends. And iv excepted this is how it’s going to be. especially after hearing all these stories on community forum lol just makes me want to do less on event’s, tournaments and just chill .

Plus it’s always funny one you get that odd recruit that’s a complete nutter and your like well bye bye :hiking_boot::joy:

2 Likes

I heard many people say this game ain’t bad if you’re part of a good alliance. Teamplay is what makes it awesome. But it’s not like E&P invented online features. Pretty much all mobile games have it. Take guilds away from this game and you get plenty of boredom. Even I would’ve left after 3 months of play if my clan members weren’t such nice people.

Anyway. I think all games are about rewards and punishments. Sticks and carrots. Play everyday, play smart and you get cool stuff in exchange for your efforts. E&P is unique in its stinginess though. It gives players lots of sticks and only 1.3% chance of getting a carrot or two every month. And they expect people to keep playing forever. Good luck with that lol.

Let’s be honest. For most players 5* heroes are the only decent reward in this game. Getting your first HOTM is like winning the lotto. Rest of features are just meh. Gameplay gets repetitive after a month. Titans are the same monster with different skins. Events change every month but the grind never changes. Events are just a mean to get more 5*. Wars… You need better 5* heroes to keep competing. Same for raid chests and raid tourneys. PVE is a thing only few people really enjoy.

There are many ways this game could get better but I don’t think devs will ever get rid of their love for RNG. They found a winning formula to earn lots of cash by selling OP heroes every month. Why would they change anything about E&P. The game works just fine according to their huge wallets. Us regular players don’t look at things the same way they do of course. The game is getting stale.

This is just my opinion by the way. I don’t want others calling me names for saying bad stuff about E&P :joy: I guess it will happen anyway so :man_shrugging:

Come at me, bros.

7 Likes

Your not wrong bud lol.

1 Like

How does adding any of these changes/challenges change the underlying issues a bored player like yourself have with the game?

You are essentially still playing a match-3 game with each province of each season of nearly identical challenges that many will ultimately end as more grinding.

In the end the suggestions you made could be accomplished without the devs help:

1 Like

There probably are ways the overall experience within Empires could improve, but the gameplay itself? Extremely doubtful, given the confines of a match 3 style game. Even other similar types of game that allow the mechanic of moving tiles on a diagonal as well (wow, truly incredible innovation :sleeping:) are just as tedious. The board, and it’s limitations, is the game. Shuffling those same pixels thousands of times a day either floats your boat or it doesn’t.

The rest of the content is merely a vague distraction from that.

4 Likes

If the Devs would to add these in as challenges, people would try to complete them. And it’s not mandatory, you can progress through the stages without passing those challenges. But if you’re one of those completionist players, you would want to play and pass them all. So it adds a challenge and replayability to the stages

Getting too much stuff too easily is boring too.

What amazes me is the number of people who spend day after day on the forum explaining to everyone else how dreadful the game is and what silly people they are to enjoy it. It kind of makes people like me who are still in the middle of enjoying it feel a bit deflated, which is unkind, although it’s not going to stop me because my own opinion of what I enjoy is a lot more important to me than that of some random bod. Why not get a new hobby, one you can enjoy yourself without trying to bring someone else down? Or is bringing someone else down what you enjoy most? In which case, I suppose it’s cheaper than therapy for you, just carry on eh.

This is not meant as a dig at all people who complain, mind you. I recognise several names on this thread of regulars who tell it straight even if it’s harsh, often balance negative comments with positive ones, make suggestions for improvements, explain what they like as much as what they dislike, give good advice to others etc. I tend to read such posts with interest and often agree with them! Grumbling is not a crime - heck, if they made it an Olympic sport I’d be in with a good chance of a podium finish. It’s the ones who never, ever have anything positive, amusing or helpful to say, who behave as though they are paid to discourage others from playing this game, and for all I know they might be. They’ve got to be getting something from it. No, @TGW , this is not aimed at you! You’re one of the respectable grumblers :wink:

6 Likes

I certainly don’t mean to bring anyone else down. My intentions are to bring the game up.

Of course it would be boring if we could complete everything and get and level up all the heroes in 6 months. But the way the game is currently set up, unless you are spending thousands of dollars, you could play this game for 100 years and still not have all the stuff you want or need to be even mildly competitive.

I’m 31 months in and I still don’t have anywhere close to level 30 troops or 30 leveled 5* heroes. There are what, 150 legendary heroes in the game now? I think I have about a dozen of them myself. Not one ninja, not one 5* from S2, S3 or S4. They will probably be up to Season 7 by the time I pull my first Atlantis 5*.

1 Like

I think I’m going to leave one very specific complaint, now:

You know what’s more boring than playing a match-3 style game every day for three years?

Playing the same boards in that game over and over again to chase an avatar mask that in no way mechanically improves your gameplay.

In my book, without a doubt, killing 20 berjillion snowball kitsunes for a blue fox-face I’ll never use and certainly don’t want is the rock-bottom, holes-in-every-hull, radioactive catastrophe of the worst game feature in E&P.

I finished the undead privateer avatar mission during the most recent Atlantis Rises. That’s a provinces 4-6 mission, at most! And you know what? I felt no sense of accomplishment beyond a certain satisfaction that I had finally gotten that janky mission listing out of my queue.

Which then, of course, was replaced by the next avatar mission in the line of interminable do-nothing quests . . . .

Now THAT’S boring.

7 Likes

Then don’t do those, right? I felt the same so I am missing several avatars. As you mention I am not the type to change my avatar much or really care, so why even do them?

So it was both satisfying and boring?

If auto play is boring then don’t use it, right? If you don’t like being able to auto play S3 with vanilla 5’s turn off auto okay and try using only vanillas 4’s … or try doing weak colors only … or try using no D dropper … or beat S3 stages with no healers.

That’s the part I fail to understand I suppose. If people complain they have all these they don’t use and find it easy, use your other heroes. I think it is extremely likely that if you have very high powered top end strength PvE will never be that challenging. The game natural counter is the PvP arenas for that competition. In PvE though simply don’t use those teams if blowing through them all is boring. In my eyes the devs gave us those tools (heroes) in a wide variety of colors, strength, and abilities. Try all sorts of stuff if you’re bored with the same top 10 strongest heroes on your roster.

I am not going to get into the areas brought up like spending, summon odds, game mechanics, etc. Those kind of are what they are and certainly not perfect. I was more interested in people complaining how easy PvE is, and to some extent PvP, but they refuse not use their strongest heroes everything. I guess all the other heroes on their rosters truly are wasted space then?

:beers:

1 Like

Ooh! Ooh! I’ll jump on this one.

Autoplay I use to farm for stuffs. Recruits, backpacks, potion ingredients, fill monster chests. Is it boring? Yes it is! Is it less boring than doing those quests manually? :rofl: HECK NO!!! I will always be eternally grateful to my original alliance leader for showing me autoplay, because before that I was grinding the same crap over and over again manually. There is no way I would have stayed in the game this long without autoplay.

Now if you’re actively sitting there and watching autoplay, might I suggest some of the following far more entertaining alternatives instead:

• Watching paint dry
  • Watching grass grow
  • Watching water boil

Or maybe those are too much excitement for you, and you’d prefer to watch the game AI at work. For that, I present you the following:

tenor

Go AI go! Spend 10 minutes to finish one stage that I could have finished in 30 seconds! You can do it, I believe in you.

The point of autoplay is to collect loot without having to actively grind the same boring :poop: over and over again.

Now. On to the other less boring stuff.
Sorry, but PVE map quests are boring AF.
Using weaker heroes doesn’t make them more interesting, it just makes them take longer.
To paraphrase one of my alliance mates, commenting on why he’s not exactly motivated to keep doing Atlantis quests, “there is nothing fun about killing the same bunch of birds over and over again.”
:grin:

Now, the heroes themselves, they can be interesting. And I have tried most of mine out. Wars are a great opportunity to test out more than the usual top 5 or 10. Most of the heroes in my roster have gotten at least some play time, before I decide which ones are fun and which ones will likely spend the rest of their E&P “career” refilling water bottles and keeping the bench nice and toasty.

:confounded:

This here is the only part of your comment that made me cringe a little, due to how pathetically few of those heroes they’ve actually made available to “the general public”. Yes, it’s amazing that they have come up with all these really interesting heroes! I look forward to trying them out as soon as I have a snowball’s chance in hell of getting one. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I am currently fighting with a 3 star team to see how far they can go . Also picked up a tip from another poster that said he never rerolls on raids so I do that now . I have a nice system of leveling buildings , heroes , balancing resources to craft when heavy on iron or food during building level . I focus on 3 and four star tournaments more than 5 star because the majority of players are competitive in lower tier tournaments . I am also a newer player (about 9-10 months ) but the way I have it set up it’s not boring nor a grind and kind of easy to complete everything necessary to have fun . Good luck everyone

1 Like

I don’t know, there are plenty I am unlikely to get as a F2P, but I just counted and I have 47 unique maxed 4 and 5* heroes. Given I can only use 5 at a time that is a lot of options since 4’s are viable on hard stages too.

2 Likes

Since when did I say I auto played anything? Unless it’s the same mundane quest stage with weak enemy team power, then I would trust the autoplay to play it for me.
And I’m also not complaining about how easy the game is. I’m just merely suggesting that if the Devs want to make it more challenging, they can incorporate different methods for a challenge.

You have better luck than I do then, that is for sure. I don’t even have all of the vanilla 5*s yet. I do have all of the vanilla 4s and have used them all. I like some more than others, they mostly all have their place. But I need fresh blood! I’m using all the same mostly vanilla heroes over and over again and keep coming up against opponents with crazy heroes with increasingly insane abilities, and I’m wondering how I’m supposed to be able to keep up.

3 Likes

It’s all good, the auto play thing was someone else making a comment but I couldn’t remember who. That’s why it was a separate line. Someone was saying vanilla 5’s shouldn’t be able to auto play hard S3 stages or something. :+1:

I certainly didn’t mean to misrepresent you.

1 Like

I just got my 14th unique vanilla 5* from HA yesterday in Vivica. She obviously isn’t leveled yet, but I only have 14 of 20 vanilla 5’s counting her.

I hear you on fresh blood. That’s why I ranted somewhere else non vanilla 4’s should be accessible be it via HA or some other means.

1 Like

Game boredom is inevitable in a mobile video game IMHO. When I started playing I gave the game 6 months tops before I became bored with it. It has surprised me.

The only aspect of the game I really find boring is farming. And nowadays I don’t really need to farm as much so I don’t. I fill my chest and that’s it. I use loot tickets for AR mainly in search of coins. Who knows, maybe someday I will pull a second S2 5*. But I don’t grind much at all anymore.

The rest of the game – maybe because I have primarily a S1 bench I do not find it boring breezing through the content yet. I was also very late pulling Proteus so I learned how to play without him. I am still figuring out how to play with him.