Expand the Event Reward Brackets- DEV RESPONSE

Boring and totally a random chart.
You simply don’t want best player at the top?

Asking better rewards for everyone seems legit, asking to stop top players to use whatever they want to be on top not much.

1 Like

I like the idea of adding on a “fixed” tier structure. The rewards wouldn’t be as good as the top 1000 rewards, but make them better than a single regular summon token.

Don’t get me wrong, I REALLY appreciated the completion bonuses. However, I know that I won’t come anywhere close to the top 1000 so I play it through just to complete. I don’t bother worrying about my time or any other bonuses because I know they won’t matter.

3 Likes

I’d suggest a hybrid system: Keep top 1 and 2-9. Replace the tiers below that with “achieve xxx points”.

Another “share the wealth” idea: All results are posted as they are today, but no player can collect more than one top-10 loot chest (aside from the avatar). If, say, I finish #10 in advanced and #6 in intermediate, then my intermediate loot goes to the #11 finisher.

7 Likes

I like it!
20 characters

Personally I dont see the logic in adding lower level score brackets while still keeping Top1-10 rewards/system the same.

Top 1-10 basically is all the wealth we’re talking about redistributing (except for completions).

I fully support adding lower level brackets, I just want them to extend to all reward levels.

Ps.
I want my damn Panther haha!
Ds.

Bump bump. Any official comment @Petri?

1 Like

Second time posting and get flagged because i have a different view from everyone else. Anyways check out forum SG Employees

Thats an old fairy tale.
Ask @Arien how many times he was accused in the past.

All the best sooner or later get that accusation.

The problem is you dont have a “different view”, you have a conspiracy theory that targets people that do well in events. Basically calling them cheaters. Not a “view”, thats slander, but hey what do I know.

Also bump bump @Petri @Sara. Any comment on event tiers in the future?

Hey there - we are here & listening! (reading ofc!)

We are actively discussing everything that we read here & through direct feedback with the team. Right now we are working hard on bringing out the Alliance Wars, new titans and Season 2. It is not out of the question that we re-visit the Event rewards system but it is not on the top of our list at the moment. Why? Because changes like this take time and planning and to concentrate on them, the time would be taken out from the other things that we are working on right now.

We truly appreciate all the discussion, feedback, new ideas and suggestions and hope that you will continue to help us improve Empires & Puzzles!

12 Likes

Understood. But pls at least fix Avalon completion rewards to be equal to other events. That should be an easy change.

4 Likes

This is both great and terrible news at the same time! It means its on your radar, but only an ant-sized issue.

I do hope AW, titans and season 2 comes along swiftly, but cant help feeling we (as a community) could help speed the event ranking issues along. All we would need is some data about how mechanics and how the forumals work. We could do the ground work for the future change. Heck, I’ll even so it for free!

Assuming what you’re realky saying isnt “Not gonna happen. No, not gonna happen” to the happy tune of tamburine :wink:
(scrubs reference, google it)

2 Likes

Please please please make this change devs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have done 3 AvA wars so far. Fun. Yes. Loot improvement. Not apparent. You get the same stuff farming a province. Come on already. Winner take all. Get something decent. Ascention mats tokens something

The latest update to AW indicates ‘minor’ changes to loot - presumably better loot, hopefully not worse :slight_smile:

1 Like

Undecided. I like the way the events are now even though I’ve never ranked. I enjoy competition and something to shoot for. But i understand the point of this topic and like this idea as well. Maybe they will just throw a different event in that has these “threshold rewards” and leave the others alone. Of course getting rewarded with guaranteed loot for completion of certain objective without worrying about competitors sounds close to the rare quests that offer ascension mats.

This thread is about challenge events, not wars.

Whoops - so many threads about wars and poor loot I just assumed. I agree with expanding the brackets though.

1 Like

If they do change the event reward system—and I hope someday that they do—there’s no reason they couldn’t reward both the top 100 players and everyone who scores X, Y, and Z on a tiered reward pyramid.

This would keep in place the current competition among the game’s top players, while also giving everyone who plays further incentive to push (and spend) for their own best possible score.

4 Likes

@Cpt.Ahab

Well said indeed!
Not every player can be in the top 100 in events … or cares to even attempt it … but a nice reward to strive for … yes, I would like that.

Like it is with raids:
Not every player can establish themselves on the top 100 leaderboard.

But there are players who do enjoy playing with the big guys and gals once in a while and even sticking their noses into the leaderboard for a very very very (!) short visit once in a blue moon. :slight_smile:

That is fun. And on a lucky day, it can be done.

But if the choice were “Get into the top 100 leaderboard and stay there - or just forget it”, then my choice, and the sensible choice, would be “just forget it”.

So, why not offer some tiered rewards for those players who can be good but who lack the prerequisites to be great?

The current rewards system in events is telling us to “just forget it”.

Edit:
Let me make clear, once again, that I am by no means jealous. The players in the top 100 in the events and in the leaderboard, they have worked hard for their place, and they have earned it. Let them enjoy it. They deserve it.

4 Likes