Excellent war!

this is an awesome post to show the kind of impact wars can have on an alliance especially seeing positive replies during losses. the matchmaking has come a long way and people can actually have fun as a group now which is huge. well done SG and great positive post, love to see more of this.

4 Likes

Another excellent war for us. First for us…2 flips! One of our lower members came in and with guidance from our leader completed the 2nd flip.

5 Likes

We won pretty convincingly, 3609 vs our opponents at 2908. They showed up till the end, but I think their issue was that too many of them showed up late, and there were barely any points to get. Moreso that they also struggled killing our teams, and only reset us with 2 hours to go. We reset them once as well, but we had 8 hours to go and much more flags to take advantage of that.

I should mention, that we’re transitioning from a training alliance to becoming more full fledged with more power. We have members who only have 2 to 4 teams, so we usually end up with around 7 flags unused. This time one of ours didn’t show due to technology issues, so total unused flags were 13. Didn’t seem to matter in the end though.

2 Likes

Our last war was very interesting. We were well matched so it was difficult to guess who would win but we kind of thought they were a bit stronger.

Both alliances used a red tank strategy. We fought right away (we don’t coordinate when players fight, we just go with who happens to be online at the time). We had a lot of players at the start and managed to clear their board.

Our opponent did clear some of our lower teams but otherwise they were obviously doing the “hold all your flags till the end” strategy. We just ignore whatever strategy an opponent uses, it’s out of our control anyway.

We were at least 2000 points ahead when we were able to clear their board for the second time. By the time they started to fight we were already ahead by over 3000 points.

They started fighting and made up good ground, we knew there was an excellent chance that we’d lose. They were within a couple of hundred points with over 50 flags remaining (we’d used all but 3 of ours already).

One of their strongest players was online for at least 15 minutes but hadn’t fought yet. We knew once she started there was an excellent chance they’d win. It was so hard to watch.

With only 10 minutes left to fight she was still online but hadn’t fought. We were wondering how long she’s leave it. Five minutes, nope. Three minutes, nope. What the heck?

She fought her first battle at the 30 SECOND mark and of course it was way too late.

We won that war by 200 points with them leaving 26 flags.

When it looked like we were going to be losing, one of our members said we really need to change our strategy to be online at the same time (hard to coordinate for an international alliance like ours). After our victory I said I think we’ll keep our strategy!

We enjoy the spontaneous, never knowing what’s going to happen aspect of how we fight. All we ask is players to use all their flags, do their best and have fun!

After the war they lost one of their stronger players (not the one who didn’t fight).

3 Likes

4810-3579

Excellent war. For our team.
Previous high score for us was 4505. Seeing improvement is always nice.

2 Likes

I have a war, around 4500-4000, the peoples in front hided their good heroes and rank, and purposely sent into platinum. I wonder why would they do that, it’s stupid and they all attacked at the end. but i knew they hided something so like always, we gave everything. Still a sweet victory.
Edit: we won, close one

weirdest war ever for me

2 Likes

We just had another victory of inactivity. Ours 45 left, 49 on the other side.

Nevertheless very funny. Our active members had a lot of crazy junk in the talkbox.

1 Like

Dirty Pirate Hookers dropped a heartbreaker by 80, 3 unused flags on our side, 1 on theirs. We reset them twice to their 1 time, but a lack of depth in our intermediate and lower teams relative to theirs led to a lower pts/flag ratio. Tough to take, but I am darn proud of my seafaring prostitutes :grin:

1 Like

I cost us this war :frowning: I got too drunk and passed out, left 3 flags unused and we only lost by 40 points. I feel awful. The hangover sucks too.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, another day, another war. Within 10 minutes after any war it’s usually forgotten. Apologize to your mates and promise you’ll try to never let it happen again … at least not for that reason :blush:

1 Like