Ex-Member of enemy war team actively scoring.

So in our latest war, the opponent has one player who must have quit during the war. He is, as usually, displayed as “ex-member”. Fine. But now this player is actively scoring major hits although no longer being in the alliance?
Cheat much?

Sometimes people have changed their game name to Ex-Member, which is actually a Terms of Service Violation.

In any event, the Forum isn’t the right spot to address this, you should contact Support:

3 Likes

Was not aware that this is an violation :thinking: Is it because you pose as another “person” or which § is related to this?
Unsure because it is intended that same Avatar names can be used by multiple users…maybe you can enlighten me @zephyr1 ?

1 Like

Sure :slight_smile:

This is one of the posted rules for player names, which explicitly includes that:

Do not:
Impersonate other players and/or staff - including using System names as player names. Such as: Ex-member or Admin

Source: https://support.smallgiantgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003970574-Chat-Rules-Guidelines

7 Likes

THX…time to re-read them once again.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

That person (ex-member) was included in the war matching calculations… so him/her hitting is perfectly fine… fair. The opposing alli losing those 6 hits gives u guys an unfair advantage.

1 Like

That’s the point…Ex-member is active.

1 Like

Is the problem the name or that he is scoring? Them scoring is fine… they were part of the matchup calculations their name is just desingned to confuse… objective achieved

1 Like

Well both. If he is a real ex-member, he left and could not gain any points for alliance anymore but obviously he did. If he is still an active member with Avatar name “Ex-Member” he is violating against Terms of Service.
So a ticket would be best to clarify what is the case. Let the gods (devs) decide!

1 Like

My alli has had people leave the alliance mid war and then return to use their hits. When they returned their names where restored on rhe battlefield… so my guess is the ex-member is his chosen name. Presume ignorant of t&c’s…

Usually it should not work like this. After matchmaking and before war starts, you can leave and come back without any problems. But leaving during war, kicks you out as ex-member. In case you return it is intended that you switch into spectator mode but cannot participate in war actively.

1 Like

Cant remember if guy left and returned before or after war started…

How does one log a ticket for this issue (my baby alt is also named ex-member, but not in wars) need to have his name reset so i can change it - used my one change already.
I followed the in game route but couldnt find a ‘create new ticket’ option… just a load of FAQ’s…

Don’t know what you mean that you name is Exx-member but not in war but here you are!

Good luck!

2 Likes

Not a long ago, our alliance also faced an alliance with “Ex-member” who was actually not an ex-member. It’s surely confusing.

1 Like

That is in the Chat rules and guidelines? Never seen them and I read the terms of service. That’s the place where I would expect such information.

Funny thing is, that only works in your own language…while facing opponents with other languages, it’s useless.

1 Like

No, it’s in the game’s terms of service. I just googled “Empires and puzzles terms of service” and got the following link:

http://info.smallgiantgames.com/terms-of-service/

2 Likes

I don’t think the thing about Ex-Member as a name in particular is in the main TOS, but it’s in that supplement about Chat Rules & Guidelines that I linked above.

I know that SG has taken action in past cases where players have used Ex-Member as a name.

1 Like

Why the game allows to set “Ex member” as your nickname if it’s prohibited? The in-game chat recognises curse words in many languages so illegal nicknames should be just impossible to set.

3 Likes

This exactly. That’s a five second job to code up. A couple minutes if you want to handle variants and be thorough.

2 Likes