Evolution instead of revolution - Stop spending cash! 14.02 - 28.02

Right at that time costumes for ToL heroes came up for the first time ever, and at the beginning of the movement several of their alliance members already had costume Gravemaker on display in their defense teams. BTW that fact vs the No Spend tag in their alliance description was ridiculed by a popular Russian streamer whom I watch from time to time.

Agreed. There was no need to cut the rest of the loot for all other tiers though. Take from the poor to give to the rich? Where is the sense in that?

Feeling is mutual.

Itā€™s only logical. If there werenā€™t players spending on power creep (a.k.a. impossible to achieve otherwise combinations of broken A+ 5* heroes) there wouldnā€™t be any need to see things like for example the recent nerf of cKrampus. I donā€™t mind spending on a mobile game as long as that isnā€™t done to give you distinct advantage over other players. Buy all the cosmetics you want to support your favourite game and help the developers, if you want. If you purchase power creep though, yes, you are a big part of the problem.

No. They will simply release more and more ways for players to watch adds and better and better rewards to gain more and more revenue from those.

The comments I listed above werenā€™t targeted to anyone. They were simply stating the truth, the way it was during and after the previous No-spend movement. Just wanted to point out how impossible is an idea of a no-spend. I was just using the 7DD and Zero as examples because they are well known and because I happened to communicate with Zero at that time by accident and also watch that Russian streamer.

I stated the last one is not especially to you. But there are a lot of toxic comments from forum members, I will not frame them by using their name here. That would not be fair. Nothing against an occasional rant but please no toxic comments against other players. E.g. some videos from jekyllandhyde were commented very harshly and unfair. Yes he is a big spender, so what? If he is wealthy enough and its his main hobby in times of covid.
I will tell you a story : I like french red wine from the bordeaux area of pomerol. In the 1990 you could buy a decent bottle for 40-50DM now 20-25 ā‚¬. Then the Japanese discovered wines from France and especially all the better Bordeaux sites. Now you have to pay some 300 ā‚¬ for a bottle of decent Pomerol wine. Do i frame the Japanese, do ridicule them for paying unmoral high sums of money for a bottle of wine?
No I do not, I try to discover other good but reasonnable priced wines instead. Translated to E&P I dont pay for gems, but would never derail someone who does. Good luck to
Ta Gon chasing every new hero.:blush:

Happy gaming

6 Likes

Just start putting reviews and ratings into app store. Much more efficient and fair to everyone. If You like it - give it high rate, if You are dissapointed, give low. Period.

1 Like

I will jump onto this bandwagon. Read the new reviews from February 22. The rating already dropped from 4.6ish, where I downloaded the game to 4.1
Thatā€™s a good money killer for SGG.

3 Likes

I usually step over these threads but i just want to share with you .

Instead of these no spend threads blah blah blah .

When you invest in the game , invest in shares in the company your buying from now you own apart of the company in this case Zynga .

Now you know this little pointer do you still want to instigate no spend ?

Well said Gim now to add my :popcorn: , I spend insane amounts on my hobbies and leather collection. To some its a waste, to me its nobodys business but my own. Same hereā€¦ if ppl spend to chase heroesā€¦ Good on them. People want to ventā€¦have at it. Lets leave the judging to in-laws. Everybody is so quick to tell everyone else what to do and judge them for it without knowing anything about them or having a right to even say anything. Live and Let Live, spend or donā€™t spend, play your own game and donā€™t worry about what other people are doing. If you like the game fantastic, if you hate it go ahead and vent away, but until one of you make a better game I really donā€™t see where anybody has a right to tell anyone how horrible the game is and how poorly made it is to the people that created it. Even here you have a choice if you hate it that badly take a break from it ffs

5 Likes

For this post you get the biggest

biggest heart

ever

4 Likes

I just gave away the biggest like ever for @ferg 's post above. These are unique, one-of-a-kind rewards. So I canā€™t give another one to you.

However in itā€™s place I can give you the biggest cat ever.

biggest cat2

Disclaimer: Probably not actually the biggest cat ever

Great post!

2 Likes

What do you think the company will do if ratings will prevent new people to download the game? Exactly! Theyā€™ll tighten the grip on the available sheeā€¦ aaaaa, sorry, player base the usual way. Ther seem to be no limit to the OP level of new heroes, as long as they keep each other in check. Last semesterā€™s heroes are unimportant, lsst yearā€™s are a waste of mats and long time ones are bad jokes next to tomorrowā€™s new release. They donā€™t care about bad reviews

Thank you

20 Characters

I have removed my CC from my phone. I cannot continue to give money to such an unscrupulous company. Itā€™s the double selling of hero cards. Itā€™s the ā€œbait & switchā€ tactics, releasing heroes and then nerfing those heroes. Itā€™s the blatant money grab tactics we are currently seeing with the nerf of C. Krampus, and then releasing C. Black Knight which is basically C. Krampus; or buffing already powerful heroes right before their event/portal arrives.

I started playing after the Guinevere nerf and heard the horror stories. I lived through the GTV nightmare. Ham Gateā€¦several #NoSpend movementsā€¦and now this. @ferg and others have listed out more of the issues and Iā€™ve finally just had enough.

Iā€™ve had bad experiences with other businesses, Iā€™ve had poor service/food at restaurants, Iā€™ve had poor customer service from business, and I have stopped patronizing/utilizing services for lessā€¦.These business practices we are seeing in E&P is shady and deplorable. I will continue to play as I have grown strong bonds with my alliance mates, but I will do so without spending (which why I have removed my CC as not to be tempted back into the spending cycle).

My decision is NOT based on a social movement. Raise the pitchforks and light the torches. No, this is personal. Iā€™ve been a tester for about 18 months. Concerns regarding GTV was raised and ignored when testers reported how strong J.F.-Telly-Vela was, and they went ahead and released the heroes regardless. Thatā€™s fair as mistakes and oversights happen. Fool me onceā€¦. Now with the Christmas heroes, testers reported how devastating Mr. Pengi could be in conjunction with minion making heroes. I broke Pengi and took him to +20 on the attack path and tested him extensively and posted these concerns. The Devs have been put on notice by testers and CONSTANTLY ignored. Fool me twiceā€¦

I no longer give SGG the benefit of the doubt, that mistakes and oversights are still happening at this stage in the game. No, this is intentional. Iā€™m just glad I finally see this game for what it is. Predatory Gotcha in the most deplorable way.

Whatever your personal choice is, to spend or not to spendā€¦(that is the question :grimacing: ) HAPPY GAMING!

10 Likes

Well, i like the game just as it is now. I dont want to go back to the ā€˜good old daysā€™ and i very much doubt that the small group of leavers make the tiniest dent into the 1.5 million player base. I am though thoroughly tired of these constant complainers who just repeat what the last person said and turn it into a ā€˜newā€™ thread. As for SG showing their ā€˜true faceā€™ - what do you think SG is? Some kind of charity? Itā€™s a business that does what businesses do - making a healthy profit whst providing excellent content. Yes, there is the occasional bug, but so what? Things go wrong occasionally, not exactly a big deal.

I had 2 maxed costume krampus after chasing this hero. I got to use them for 1 month, before this lot nerfed it and ruined both. Wasted a load of mats, wasted my money on a product that they should have tested prior to release. This one is where I thought, enough is enough. Iā€™ve stopped spending. Iā€™m not happy at all.

2 Likes

Azer_Baz, i understand that. I also had Telly and Vela and they were both nerfed repeatedlyā€¦but this is how these games work - and that goes for all games. I played ā€˜Raidā€™ for a few months, and the nerfing there was more frequent and radical than here. I think the problem is that you cant test the frequency with which a hero will be used and thats usually why heroes get nerfed here. Itā€™s not because they are mean or whatever else. Im lucky that Ludwig hasnā€™t been nerfed (yet) and im sure itā€™s because heā€™s just not seen that often.

As for spending, thatā€™s what we all have to decide for ourselves. Iā€™m happy to because i believe i get value for money. I focus on one or two events every month and it works for me - some disappointment notwithstanding.

Anyway, i hope you find enjoyment in the game again.

Both of those heros you had nerfed, it wasnā€™t after a month was it? This time, I feel like Iā€™ve literally had my pants taken down. Iā€™ll still play as I enjoy my alliance banter but I wonā€™t be spending money ever again after this. I donā€™t trust them.

3 Likes

Azer_Baz, really sorry you feel like this. I trust SG 100%. Iā€™m also 100% against nerfing, but i think that SG know what they are doing. We donā€™t know everything thats going on, but no company would mess up deliberately since it makes no financial sense. I think the worst part about the nerf is the change of class. How does it impact on the game play? Is he now better without a costume? When TV got nerfed, i pretty much stopped using them. I started using Vela again (still do) but Telly has lost all her emblems and is pretty much unusable. One thing: whether itā€™s a month or 6 months doesnt matter. What i hated were the frequent alterations cause i always thought that this was the final nerf. SG releases so many heroes and most wonā€™t get nerfed (more likely is buffing) and i dont think about ā€˜what ifā€™ cause it doesnt help and most heroes wonā€™t get nerfed. If it worries you, watch how frequent they are in the top 100 before pulling at a certain portal.

Yes lets all stop spending cash and use Bitcoin instead

Bu oyun hiƧ adaletli değil destek ekibi de gecistirmeceli cevaplar veriyor

He is ok without the costume, but whatā€™s the actual point of the costume if itā€™s been slashed so much you donā€™t use it? This costume was front and centre in the winter event. It was an awesome costume, and changing it to barbarian makes it a lot less effective as well. I donā€™t actually know when the anger about will pass for me, but it has made me very angry.

1 Like

I level all of my costumes whether I ever plan to use them in that form or not. At the very least it still provides me with:

1. the costume bonus on the original hero
  2. an alternative class hero that may get called upon for a class quest
  3. an alternative hero for use in tower events
1 Like