Everybody Gets Bad Boards

Recording your battles, I’ve found really beneficial watching it back. You see optimal moves you didn’t make and personal feedback is useful too.

A supportive alliance that offers advice and suggestions can help with making up / tweaking attack teams. Else, you can always share screen shots and there are always people on the forum that offer advice freely.

GL in your E&P journey.

1 Like

In the last 3 wars i got only bad tiles, and is not just me who had this problem.
Many of my teammates had and have the same problem.

What is going on?

Yep. Krampus stole the xmas spirit.

4 Likes

You say so many humorous things … makes me smile

2 Likes

Recent update the boards have got ridiculously bad generally we all get good and bad boards its part and parcel but its just bad lately

1 Like

Anyone who is pushing for the high scores on the events (like me) is fishing for the “killer” board at the start. They happen about 1 in 5 maybe? Sometimes you get a couple on the bounce but I’ve also ran away 10 straight times in a row because I didn’t like what I saw.

Now a lot of those boards were perfectly acceptable in normal circumstances. You would easily win raids with a lot of them with just a couple of moves to get the board rolling. But we are searching for the king of boards for a big score and they are much rarer.

Now if that’s your expectation for a start board well, 4 times out of 5 you will be disappointed. Sometimes maybe 10 in a row of disappointment. But as @Homaclese, myself and others say numerous times are that a lot of boards that we see posted as “rubbish” have a lot of potential in them.

I don’t wish to insult people’s intelligence or ability but skill is a requirement of this game. You can’t always be lucky and just get an auto-win board. Sometimes you have to be prepared to take the Tank going off to get to a better situation. I’ve fired Krampus 3 times before I finally got going in a game. Now I got lucky too and Heimdall resurrected 2 heroes I lost getting there and that turned the tide but the start board was one Id quit in a second if I got it in the Event. Wouldn’t even make a move, just flee immediately. Yet in a raid where I had to persevere I got the win.

I think @Sarah2 says it’s in a post above but record your hits and watch them. Post them in Line to alliance members and ask for feedback. If you have someone in your alliance who is consistently good in wars ask them to record their hits and watch how they play. Or watch one of the many content creators on YouTube. Either way the people with the high win ratios aren’t getting awesome boards all the time. My streak is 36 and I’ve seen way higher than that. Buts it’s impossible that I had 36 straight God-like starts. I had to scrap and scrape through a good number of them same as everyone does.

3 Likes

There has been a lot of emphasis on raids. My raids are fairly good. I see the most bad boards in war. The last four wars I’ve been in, I’ve averaged around 30 to 60 points/ hit. I’ve been playing this game for well over 2 years and use a lot of different strategies but I have never seen a losing streak this bad. We spend so much time and effort into building our roster with good heroes that take so much work to get leveled, what does it matter when when you can’t even win 2 out of 6 battles because the tiles won’t allow it. I accept the fact that no one is going to win every one but the boards could be a little more fair

2 Likes

Yeah, boards are horrible. I didn’t read any comments other than the original post…because there are a lot of trolls on here. I was thinking about doing a similar analysis, but I didn’t. The more heros you have of one color the more you are fuxked.

Event quests are even worse. I like the “free tornadoes” they give you when they’ve fuxked you so hard. I had three in one match yesterday…I don’t have any videos or pictures troll…I am telling the truth, I promise.

“Raid formations” Looks fuxking dumb. Lots of wasted time here

Ed from league of villains looks “special.” This is racist.

Summons can suxk my dixk. They are sooo bad. I have been playing for 2.5 years and the only 5 star I have are season 1…Fuxk you! I am at level 72 trolls.

2 Likes

I’ve seen you in the top 100 a few times.
Bad boards are less forgiving up there.
95% is a fun number!
Not a competitive one

But… it wouldn’t hurt your percentage
To reroll a bunch of times!

Take a breath dude. Lots of anger here, it’s just a game.

But hopefully you’ve had a rant and feel better now?

Now assuming you do let’s look at the contextual use of “troll”. You seem to see a troll as anyone who has a different opinion to you? I’m not one to make assumptions usually but it feels like a safe bet that you know a lot of trolls?? Something to consider maybe.

1 Like

if everyone gets bad boards, so it is balanced?!?

and it is always forgotten.If you don’t have fun, why are you still playing?

If you see me up there, it must for the limited time before I get smoked and drop 400 trophies. :grinning:
I don’t reroll usually and I only end up there when I get a good streak of tiles. I certainly don’t try to get in the top 100 by any extra effort. Just filling up the raid chest and sometimes I get a good streak of 6 wins against top players.

1 Like

Just adding a little side note since the introduction of Frigg and Odin the board always has more of these heroes relevant colour tiles when facing them just waiting to be called a tin hat conspiracy theorists now

If that were the case I’d just always go mono-green and win every single time.

I find the opposite. When you consider that usually it’s a purple tank with those two, I find it difficult to match yellows. So a purple tank cancels out the Odin effect.

The question here is we can turn continuously bad boards in a victory or that the boards are not random ?

Ok I have already kept my promise and haven’t spent a dime the last month for the game. The hours that I spend on the game have been also decreased. This raid tournament ended at the first 9 battles using the same team (red blue blue blue green heroes) just for fun. Boards were full of yellow and purple tiles all the time. The thing that I won some battles was that I finally charged the heroes after 10 turns.

Will continue to treat the game as a game as my interest have been vanished. But the time is running out for this game and no honey no money

1 Like

I don’t have any statistics about my boards but the whole game is becoming more and more pointless. On the one hand, it would probably be one of the best strategy games (heroes, emblems, line-ups,…), but on the other hand, these things make absolutely no sense if you depend on the board. It’s a pity that long-term players who know the game well lose interest because such problems are not worked on.

1 Like

I don’t remember the bad ones . It’s a mental exercise I use for golf . I forget them quickly and do not ruminate . The good ones are the ones burnt into memory . Like my first war board today . Last map board .

How would the game be played, if you were not dependant on the board?