Everybody Gets Bad Boards

I’ve been playing this game for more than three years. As an owner of three profiles I have spent a lot of Time playing all parts of the Game. At the beginning was more fun than frustration. I have spent also lots of money trying to get good heroes to support my profiles. I have noticed that some months ago the boards were getting on my nerves. It doesn’t matter how strong teams I have. As you can imagine it’s all up to the board and if you are facing strong teams after 5 seconds your face leans on the floor. You can’t have a strategy, the game plays for you. What’s the fun in it? I have decided to leave the two profiles and if this situation carries on I will leave the third too.

1 Like

I’ve had 3 accounts for awhile, one with 13* titans, one 11* titans and one 6* titans. Having a variety of opponents and different accounts usually means at least one of them does a really good job. I havent noticed any unusuallness of the boards over any of the accounts.

Maybe I was playing a different game all this time … that’s why I tried to make an example. I was raided by an opponent who had a red hero placed in the middle. I’ve set a team with three blue heroes full ascended and full talented, one dark and a green. As the first board appeared there were 4 blue gems far from each other. I made combinations with the other colors trying not to fill the mana of the heroes. When the new gems appeared were red and yellow and so many that I could make diamonds. I used the diamonds to see what will happen. The result was to fill the mana of the enemies. That was ok I was just making an example out of it. The new gems as the board was almost reshuffled were again red and yellow. I lost that was ok … I invaded the same enemy two times more. The result the same. Conclusion …: Do you really believe that the boards are random …??? Or that the defensive team doesn’t have at least a percentage in favor ? I think not… and this happens to the 70% of my boards. The thing is that it should be just luck and not an algorithm running in the background checking my team and sending gems for heroes that are not in my team

Truely believe they are random. I’ve had good and bad, good streaks and long streaks.

“The thing is that it should be just luck and not an algorithm running in the background checking my team and sending gems for heroes that are not in my”
People have done tile replacement studies and have at that time shown it not to be the case. I’ve done mono for about a year and half+, havent seen any tile differences.

Very sad to see how a game with an idea of great gameplay can become so frustrating and disappointing.

Strategy style is not about luck, it’s about precision.

The board is pure luck and there is nothing random about it.
The script is always against whoever is attacking. In addition to seeing few pieces of the elements of the team heroes, all are completely dispersed

So I stopped investing. And many others will also stop due to this imbalance.

Only those who invest win trophies. As I stopped investing they are taking mine.

I know this is over 1 year old, but why? Just why would anyone lead with that attack team vs that!!!???

@DannCS I am having a tiny mental disconnect here!

The board is pure luck and there is nothing random about it.

Surely, if it is pure luck then it must be random!! :anguished:

The script is always against whoever is attacking

We all know this! It may be one of the few things we actually DO know about E&P!! The AI isn’t smart!! It needs a helping hand!

@sft1965
Random is when it occurs alternately … but it is always occurring. Out of 10 attacks out of 9 this occurs … be raids or revenge. This is a high value! 90% is not a random value!

That really just isn’t how random works!! Toss a coin for me? Now, what did it come up with? (we’ll call it heads), what is the likely next outcome? Now, you thought “Tails”? Well, no, it came up heads (again!!! because IT IS AN EQUALLY PROBABLE EVENT). That is just the start of random!!

Are you satisfied with the game ?! If so, I’m happy for you … I’m not.

When you color stack 3 or more, the boards are rigged against that color. I’ve counted tiles on hundreds and hundreds of matches. One day I’ll put a time lapse of say 30 or 40 matches to prove this. Even tile generation should average to 20% per color over many matches, but when color stacking it’s about 10%. I’m so sick of people saying “we have proof it’s fair” (probably provided by Small Giant. Try it yourself. All you have to do is count tiles over a few dozen matches.

1 Like

And that doesn’t just happen on the first charge, throughout the battle the stones loaded on the board are in the vast majority opposed to the heroes of our team.

I am totally unmotivated to continue. :neutral_face:

They don’t care E&P still claims there boards are Random been playing for over 2 and a half years and the boards are getting worse daily!!!

2 Likes

I’m now averaging close to 120 gems PER three match, meaning I rarely if ever charge heroes during war or raid tournament (regular raiding is for suckers, tournament very close to becoming obsolete as well).

What that means is, I need to clear full several boards before I see any gems of my color lining up.

SGG is no longer paying attention to this game. #NoSpend

1 Like

I try to tell the mono cult. Rainbow=a lot less bad boards, but they can’t wrap their heads around that one specific style of play.

It’s NOT rng. I get similar board always when I use more than three of same color. It set up that way.

Same feeling. Yoy are correct.

Exactly I notice this behaviour soooo many times in three years.

You should check out the betagate thread. It will show you that the team you take to a raid/titan is independent of the board you receive.

Please note that the problem in the OP of that thread was resolved.

Good Boards mean that the tiles you want just drop into play. Bad Boards mean the tiles you need either don’t appear or are scattered to the corners. Either case, by the time you have turned the Bad Boards- all the opponents mana is charged and shortly after- chances are- you lose the battle. This happens during raiding, raid tournament and war.

In other threads I claim that Bad Boards are as much “engineered” as, say, raiding an opponent who is circa 600 TP stronger. Based on my observations, I believe Bad Boards is just one type of trigger SGG use so to manipulate and harmonise the outcome- eg Alliance Wars- If you win then the next opponent is fixed to trigger a loss. Similarly, if you lose, the next opponent is fixed to trigger a win. And so on.

1 Like

Often, and understandably, people ask for proof- ie data, observations, multivariate regressions, etc. However, this is hard to obtain- the code base changes, variables create noise and as you build a history, the code base changes again, and so on.