Events need a cap on stage replay

I’m not able to make a video, but some advice:

I would ditch Wu Kong if I were you. I use Wu on my team, but that’s because I don’t have falcon. And if you really want to use Wu, personally I don’t fire him at all except on the boss stage, because it would suck to have wilbur miss a target or two.

The key thing I’m realizing right now is, you want to kill the boss as fast as possible. Ideally, you’d be going into the boss battle with a red diamond and plenty of red tiles (as soon as this ever happens, immediately carpet bomb all the mobs in the first two waves, if you have to, mana pot scarlett up to do some damage to kill the mobs).

And then you’ll set wilbur, boldtusk and falcon off at the beginning of the boss battle, and try to kill the bosses in a single move. Use any leftover axes and bombs, and also mana pot to fill up scarlett.

That’s the most ideal situation. I usually spend some time throwing tiles into empty spaces to try to set up a situation like that.

There’s another case where mobs die pretty quickly and you can pretty easily get through both waves of mobs but you don’t have a lot of good tiles on hand; in that case, I’d save items (except mana pots to make wilbur, BT and falcon fire at boss wave), and see if I can find enough red tiles to kill bosses.

Generally, if you have to play so many tiles that the bosses fire and you can’t kill them in the next couple of turns, it’s probably time to replay.

If both of the situations above can’t happen, I’d also replay.

Again, this is what I do based on not having falcon, it’ll probably be easier with falcon and you can replay a lot less.

Another thing is, I think a very important part of ranking high isn’t just how to play the stages properly, it’s the art of knowing which stages TO replay.

I created a thread here to give guidelines on the scores you should be aiming for per stage, given the ranking you want to achieve HERE all of those numbers should be pretty easily achievable with a few reruns max.

If you keep replaying a stage where you’re already at the higher end for the stage, then that just wastes a bunch of time and energy.

My scores right now if you’re curious:

None of those scores are amazingly high. They’re all achievable. You just gotta get every stage to a decent, achievable score, instead of trying to get super high scores on a stage that’s already high.

2 Likes