Event Epic Summon Token vs. Epic Summon Token awards

I knew what you meant, and I understand your reasoning behind it. :wink:
It makes sense if you’re just focusing on that specific hero (which many people do). I tend to focus on one hero of each color at any given time, which is why I don’t bother spending the extra resources for a specific color. While I may prefer yellows or blues? If I get greens and reds, I’ll just give those to my green and red heroes and hope for more yellows and blues later.

3,421 rugged clothes is enough to produce 3,421 1* feeder heroes in TC19… assuming you also have enough recruits and food (2 recruits and 5500 food each, 1 minute training time for each). Seriously! Check it out. You might like it. :wink:

I was being facetious. I have used that fast 1* generator. But once covid hit, my style of play changed a bit, and I am seriously ramping up and grinding and trying to level characters as fast as I can. So, if I had my way, I’d get nothing by 2-3 star characters. Toward the end of Joon, I even got a duplicate 4 * toon that Joon found very delicious…

1 Like

Fair enough. I just really like the fast generator. Once I build up a decent number of rugged clothes, I fill it up and go farming. By the time I’m done using my world energy flags and filling my monster chest, I’ve got a bunch of feeders waiting for me. Then I refill the TC with backpacks or wooden swords or whatever I have surplus on before logging off, that way the next time I log on, I have more feeders to collect.

I’m also simultaneously running another TC20 for “possible legendaries” (reality: mostly Dawas) and TC11 on slow training. So I usually like to keep at least 3/4 of my TCs running full time when I can.

Another advantage to using mostly 2 and 3 * toons is upping your special ability. When I first started I wasted a lot of toons trying to get abilities after characters had maxed chevrons and levels. Eventually I realized feeding them 3 and 2 *toons gives you a better chance of raising their special ability level. So I do that as much as possible before they are maxed so I don’t waste toons, and so I can go right into assigning emblems…

That is something to think about for challenges and emblem battles. If you can’t fully level your character, having their ability maxed early makes it easier to win fights…

I’ll tell you what I tell all my alliance new members - you need to set up your TCs correctly. That’s half the battle won for maxing your heroes.

TC Setup:

• Have 1 TC 20 to store excess food and for a chance at 5* recruits. (Till you get to 20, food can also be stored at TC 13)

• Have 1 TC 11 to store excess recruits and churn feeder heroes.

The goal is to swap around food and recruits between these two till you have them running 24/7.

While you are setting this up, upgrade the other two at least to 11.

For these other two, the best options are:

• TC 2 is the best, and you should farm for backpacks whenever possible.
  • TC 1 or 3 when you are out of backpacks
  • TC 19 when you have a LOT of food and need speed over efficiency in churning out feeders
  • TC 20 if you want to increase your chances of a 5* hero
  • TC 11 as the default option when nothing else is running

Your aim is to get all TCs running nonstop. Yes, it’s possible even for the laziest f2p who logs maybe just once a day! Additionally, once your TCs are set up, they pretty much run themselves and all you need to do is -

• Farm Atlantis Rises for recruits and backpacks. It’s just 2 days a month. Save all your world flasks for it

• Daily farm recruits and backpacks when you can

• Use the auto farm feature on low levels so you don’t actually have to play the levels, or even be around your phone! You can set it on and go brush your teeth, mow the lawn or do whatever work/ chores need doing. Just glance back once in a few mins to replay the level again.

Regarding increasing special skills - if you max a hero without his special maxed then the probability of special goes up drastically - 10% per color 1*, 20% color 2*, 30% color 3*, 100% duplicate hero.

I tell my people to max as they like without bothering about specials. Once you have your TCs set up correctly, it’s very easy to top up the special since you are constantly churning out feeders. It’s usually a problem with 3s. I have almost 40 4s maxed in 1.5 years and only one ever got maxed without his special (it was a costume). On the other hand, I have about 35 3*s maxed and I can’t remember any getting maxed with a full special.

But the first step is, to set up your TCs correctly.

1 Like

I do the exact opposite. I’ll fill up on 1s first and then 2s. I never train 3*s, they take too long/ expensive and you get enough garbage from summons. I save them for the last few levels of the fourth ascension. Maxed many heroes have heroes stuck at 3/60 or 3/70 for mats. Had a couple stuck at 7/8 for a bit, but most of them were 8/8 before the last ascension

Great advice. If I may add… regarding special skills…

More oftentimes than not, your 3* heroes will reach level 50 before reaching their max special skills. In this case, I usually just single feed them on-color until they reach level 50; after that, I save up that color feeders.

Say you have a Hawkmoon at level 50 but her special is still stuck at 7… save up either 10 1* red feeders or 5 2* red feeders (or a combination - say three 2* and four 1*, whatever combination brings the chance to 100%)… feed them all at once to guarantee a special level up. (Or of course, alternatively, just feed her another Hawkmoon)

You could live dangerously and try with just 70 or 80%? And usually that will work… but in the rare cases where it doesn’t? You just wasted feeders for nothing. I prefer to stick with the 100% myself.

As for 4* and 5* heroes… they almost always reach max special before reaching their full ascension max. But on the extremely rare occasion that they don’t, same method above applies.

I know it might seem like a “waste” to burn 10 1* feeders just to go up one special level, but if you intend on using that hero on a somewhat regular basis? It’s almost always worth it. Plus IIRC, you have to have your special skill maxed before you can even start putting emblems on a hero anyway, so… just suck it up and max that special. You already brought them this far, feeding them a few more feeders is not going to kill you. Better to feed them 10 1* heroes all at once for a guaranteed level up than to feed 20+ one at a time just hoping for that 10% chance to work out in your favor.

1 Like

Prior to them having emblems in this game, that advice would have suited me fine. As it is, when they started emblems, I still didn’t really have a lot of fully formed teams that I could even use in Emblem Battles, it took me a while to get enough toons and get them levelled enough to participate. I missed out on at least 6 months worth of emblems.

But I think with emblems in the game, there is a good chance a not fully levelled character is gonna get creamed in such a battle…but if they at least have their special fully developed you might get off one or two special attacks that do a lot of damage, which can make a difference in the over all battle. In some cases, I’ve had characters fully maxed on their special by the time they are half way through their second chevron…

This is excellent advice. It’s what I do, and I’ve gotten 11/20 of the unique classic 5s after about a year. And I make steady progress leveling the 3, 4* and 5* I do want to level up.

I’m not very sure what your question is. From what I understand, you are saying you are having trouble completing Class Trials (which give emblems) because of lack of heroes and inability to max level the heroes you do have.

Class trials are for deep rosters. Most people will be able to complete the first two levels with a halfway decent roster. The last level requires you to have a good bench of heroes - even heroes you might not use ANYWHERE else, but level JUST for completing Class Trials. It’s a long term game. Most people start completing level 3 at around 6 months of playing, depending on your summons luck and how fast you are with levelling heroes. Some classes are more difficult, because they might be by design more healer heavy and lack easily available ‘hitter’ heroes.

All that said,

1. Level 3 trials is a good goal but the amount of emblems isn’t amazing. There are lots of ways to earn emblems and I’m sure a quick search here on forums will bring it up.

2. Given that your roster and hero bench is still light, my advice to you would be to focus on levelling heroes and getting ascension mats. Emblems come AFTER that. It’s nice to have emblems. It’s better to first have heroes - and then have them levelled.

3. For point 2, you need to set up your training camps correctly. I’ve already covered that in my earlier post.

4. Battle items are very effective in Class Trials and Map/ Challenge events.

5. This forum has a thread for each Class Trial and that’s a good place to see which heroes you need, which you should level and what battle items are helpful.

Lastly, this is a game requiring patience. It feels the odds are forever stacked against you, but keep at it, and you’ll be able to build a decent roster. :blush: