Event Balance Discussion

You need strategy this time, you can’t throw your best/most powerfull team and be sure to succeed.
Sometimes weaker heroes has most favorable skills or color, or have a better sinergy with the rest of the team.

Surely it is a real challenge this time, i like it.
What i don’t like (and i can have symphaty for them) is the completation reward.
It’s really a kick in the face on those who struggle, forcing them to not even trying.

C’mon, more sacrifice and less rewards?
Right now i see you guys with a dollar shape in your eyes.

4 Likes

Morgan is the broken piece of garbage in this event. Sure, King One-hit KO (aka Arthur) and Miss Mana-drain (Guinevere) are annoying, but they are managable. Same goes for Lancelot and Merlin. Those two are good.
But Morgan… good god…

My preferred team consists of Isarnia, Lianna, Li Xiu, Marjana and Sabina - Lianna and Marjana for damage, Isarnia for defense debuff and multihits, Li Xiu for mana drain and multis, Sabina for healing and removing enemy buffs. Kickass team even in the 3500-power challenges.
Problem is, they can barely break even against Morgan’s healing ability… With her high defense, fast mana regen, I can put damage on her with the specials…which she recovers in the one or two rounds it takes for me to power up for another salvo. Regular hits do next to negligble damage. Normally, Sabina’s great for punishing healers, but you cant even manage Morgan’s healing in any way since it cannot be dispelled. You simply have to outdamage it every single round or you’re back to square one in an instant. And with her high defense, it’s either specials or getting good RNG for combos in order to get 350 damage on her every round…

SG - you messed up bigtime on this one :confused:

2 Likes

I have had other priorities to level, but I wonder how Morgan’s healing interacts with Perseus’ special. Does the unhealing wound block her health theft?

The completion rewards are crap, IMHO. I’ve only been playing this game for 2.5 months so I’m nowhere near being able to finish the advanced level, but I’ll probably beat the beginner. I’m gonna do my best to finish the intermediate as well, but my 4’s haven’t made it to the final ascension tier yet. And even if I do manage to complete intermediate, what’s the point of completing it when I know i won’t get above 10001 on the high score list, which nets me what, a silver token and tall boots? Useless. Even the top tier prizes are fairly lame. I’ve put some ££ into this game, but I’m not going to break the bank to win, either.

2 Likes

Same with me…
20Chars

The REWARDS ARE THE BIGGEST JOKE IN THIS GAME.

I too waited with excitement for this event only to say WT! with my face cringed up.
I think the DEVS have no flippin idea about rewards to effort ratio.

2 Likes

It is the rewards and the whole event that I’ve been waiting for for almost a month opened my eyes to what is happening with this game, I was almost free of the game and certainly I will not wait for the next events and I will not pay anything for the game. The program in ro is still a bit but without emotions.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I’m sayin, More difficult levels with worthless, useless, pathetic rewards.
Tell me , what the hell are you going to do with a silver token after all that work. WHAT?

As a follow up:

I just cleared advanced with no issue with the team I mentioned. It was all about the following:

1. item selection - bring damage inflicting items and use them liberally and couple with Time Stops
  2. Ghosting tiles - really focus on opening up holes to ghost tiles through a) to get your specials charged and on the bosses keep theirs uncharged (or charging slowly) and b) to clear out blue (and any other ‘hero missing’ tiles) so the tiles that strike do actual damage
  3. Take the bosses out one by one based on who is EASIEST to kill first (your board will tell you this answer)
  4. Ignore the timer and if you must go for a top score, replay it after you get familiar with the board

I think this event itself was a blast, it was a CHALLENGE on all levels. Rewards though, I am with you guys and gals on that…

3 Likes

THIS is what got me past Guinivere and her ridiculous special, and the double boss combos in the beginner level. It took me almost twenty minutes to get past Morgan + Guinivere; kill Morgan off first and then ghost/mana to get multiple heroes to release their specials and get a tile hit off right before Guin released her special - that’s what finally wore her down.

1 Like

So many teams listed in this thread that don’t have a counterattacker, and also had trouble with final bosses.

Hmmm…

Arthur is the only hero whose special will trigger riposte, so it’s not that useful.

1 Like

That was advanced. I had very little trouble with beginner, but I have 3x every color maxed out with level 12-15 2* troops. The major problem I have is the difficulty scaling in advanced and the ■■■■ poor reward.

I don’t have an effectively leveled counterattacker (working on Boril towards 3/60 before I decide what to do next with him), and didn’t have too much trouble, though I can see how Boril or Cyprian could be useful. Even so, I think they would be much more effective in the other events with multiple bosses doing direct damage to the whole party than in this one.
I was honestly expecting a much worse time than I had in the final level of advanced based on the posts here.

I was able to pass advanced first try but it was calculated. Two healers rig and mel. I kept Mel charged for when Gwen special hit then used the lowest blue potion to trigger so I could debuff her every time, caed for debuf and damage extra chance to debuff and double green, gormeck for defense debuff and Wu for damage multiplier. Used arrows bombs small and medium mana potion. I kept them arrows and bombed to lower damage and strategically used the board to maximize moves, damage and charges. I spent about 15 min. Had a little luck with red gems so took out Morgan first originally had planned on Gwen author then Morgan. Ended up Morgan Gwen the author. No continues or expensive items. Just patience and planning. All my guys are 4 fully ascended except gormeck 60 and Wu 1/3 way final assencion. It can be done just not brute force.

1 Like

I used Elena, Vivica, Alberich, Sonys and Cyprain. 2 hero’s with counter attack! Used dragon attack, arrows, revive, and bomb attack. My team score is 3610. Advanced level 8 Morgan is a joke! I waisted time an item to be destroyed by Morgan without doing any damage to her! I am done with this even and I might be done with this game!

The sad thing is I don’t think the developers care people are leaving the game!

That’s incorrect. Lancelot also does.

The Riposters are at their most effective against multi-target hitters. Guardian Kong destroyed himself on Cyprian’s Riposte many times. All the event heroes this time are single-target hitters or bypass Riposte altogether, and the AI is good enough to work around Riposte if possible. So I left Cyprian at home and focused more on debuffers or DoT hitters. Arthur’s special shields him from Marjana’s initial strike, but he eats the full burn.

The biggest problem with balance IMO is how much Morgan’s special scaled. The players’ version pulls 662 HP, but the Advanced event version pulled nearly double that. That’s a 4-round death sentence to any hero unless you’ve got Alberich or similar replacing those HP. So it’s not that Morgan is overpowered on her card but that the scaling up to the Advanced version was excessive.

8 Likes

Balance? There appears to be none. Guenivere shows average Mana but her special powers up twice as fast as Jackel’s who is very fast. I’m not looking for “fair” honestly there is no such thing in life. Honesty, on the other hand is obligatory. I feel cheated. Something I never expected to say about this game that I love.

2 Likes