Evelyn or Mother North?

I’m not sure if it’s a dilemma or not, but I recently pulled both Mother North (MN) and Evelyn and I was so sure that I was going to max Evelyn first, but now I’m not so sure. I think I need help making the decision because I only have the 6 tonics and I don’t want to make the wrong one.

To give you all a little more context, I will mention that I do have Alby maxes and I actually pulled two Evelyn (so I could theoretically run them both on the same offense team with one being fully leveled and the other at 3/70), but other than her and Gregorian my only other green heroes that deal damage are 4* or the elf twins that are sitting comfortably at 1/1.

So knowing all of this, who do you all suggest I go with when it concerns maxing out a green hero?

Evelyn, Mother North is very good but if you have Alberich then she would be redundant.

1 Like

Evelyn

20 characters

Evelyn. She has made Lianna that much better on my team. I fire off Evelyn first then Lianna. It’s a one shot kill party.

Evelyn as you already have Alby.

Atleast get Evelyn to level 3/70 & skill 8/8 before you work on North. North is great but since you have Alberich maxed she definitely can wait. Evelyn will increase the viability of both Alby and Greg since she lowers enemy defense to nature. Combined with Greg’s critical you can annihilate titans better and increase your chances at better loot.

If you’re still iffy by the time evelyn is at 3/70 you can still hold off and just start on north while you’re deciding. Id pick Evelyn though

I just want to point out that lowering elemental defense is effective on more than just blue heros. Plus she dispels. Think everyone keeps getting hung up on the fact she only drops defense against nature attacks and honing in on “she’s great for blue titans and heros”.

With an elemental defense dropper in any color it gives you the ability to stack that color against an opponent even if the opponent doesnt have blue heros.

For instance if you want to take evelyn and alberich to a team that is composed of yellow/dark/green/red

You still drop their defense -40% against green tiles, so still pretty effective. Their defense vs nature is “neutral” to start with, so dropping their defense against that color can actually make it “weak” and get pretty stout hits in. Along with the fact you can stack her with other defense debuffers such as isarnia or wilbur or athena

On my f2p alt i was limited in choices of heros but still landing solid hits by stacking jackal and wu with other buffers/debuffers even if the titan wasnt yellow, my average with jackal was higher than my average without.

4 Likes

I never thought about that before, the whole def down + Greg’s critical chance. I also looked at my 5* inventory and I forgot I pulled two Lianna from TC20. I just like to be cautious though, which is why I was leaning more towards Mother North (I like her as a healer and tank over her resurrection ability), however I think Evelyn will be a great addition to my maxed hero lineup.

1 Like

Idk about mother north, but i know i still use aeron at 3/70 in some situations and get by just fine. As long as mother norths special is 8/8 by 3/7, you could still get some use out of her. Same could be said for evelyn, but evelyn just has all around more utility in my opinion.i have a tough time using slow healers though if the board isn’t cooperative enough. Average healers seem to not be so board dependant.

1 Like

I have similar problem but I don’t have Alberich…I am wondering who to put in my defense… North, Evelyn or Zeline…or what combination.

If it was me I’d go evyln left flank, and zel on right flank or right wing. Preferably red tank like gravemaker. Let those greens work their magic on the opponents and zel already does extra damage on blues and both dispel so it’ll put buffing pretty much out of the question other than inari or aeron

Could even put evelyn and zel on wings as well

3 Likes

Thank you @Rigs, I truly value your point of view and opinions as I’m sure so many others do.

I do agree on the combo I tried it in wars and it was devastating for the other team…will try to see the results in defense…thx

1 Like

Basically use her the way you see otherd utilize panther.

Grave + evelyn + zel defenses can be pretty close to as viable as guin + double panther defenses

Hi,

Just a Wonder my Def team is colen grimm kashrek Sony and sabina, just got Mother north, should i put out kashrek and out Mother north in The middle?

Best regards

Only if Mother North is maxed, and even there i see her better on flanks rather then in the middle.

To answer OP question, Evelyn.
Even if you didn’t have Alberich i would say Evelyn.

Given that you already have Alby, Evelyn is the clear choice here.

Which other colors or heroes would you use for the left wing and the other position (right flank/wing) for this setup?

1 Like

Depends on who you have. Just dont double the tank color and dont put guin in flank

How about from the following:

• Azlar
  • Domitia
  • Drake Fong
  • Elena
  • Elkanen
  • Evelyn
  • Gravemaker
  • Gregorion
  • Guardian Kong
  • Guardian Owl
  • Guardian Panther